The Student Room Group

Hillary or Trump?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nutz99
I think I'd trust Trump to sort out matters in the Middle East before Clinton.

Clinton's/Obama's solution - let's arm one side and they'll be our friends. Oops that didn't work so let's arm the other side instead. Oops that didn't work. So no solution if Clinton gets in and Middle East peace will never be achieved because she will not work with the Russians.

To say that Trump knows nothing about foreign policy and international relations is nonsense. The guy has fingers in pies across the world and more knowledge and contacts than any politician.

Business and politics are very different. Having many business contacts means nothing in the world of politics. Obama and Clinton's solutions so far have not been good but a leader who hasn't got a clue about the current situation and instead shouts vagueness about "getting tough" sounds even worse.
Original post by WBZ144
Business and politics are very different. Having many business contacts means nothing in the world of politics. Obama and Clinton's solutions so far have not been good but a leader who hasn't got a clue about the current situation and instead shouts vagueness about "getting tough" sounds even worse.

You think Clinton has a clue? There is a reason that the leaders surround themselves with advisors, and then delegate to a cabinet who in turn surround themselves with advisors, who in turn delegate work to their underlings surrounded by advisors. There is a reason people in power get briefed on things by advisors before talking to advisors who advise them on what they should do before they make a decision, probably agreeing with their advisors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
You think Clinton has a clue? There is a reason that the leaders surround themselves with advisors, and then delegate to a cabinet who in turn surround themselves with advisors, who in turn delegate work to their underlings surrounded by advisors. There is a reason people in power get briefed on things by advisors before talking to advisors who advise them on what they should do before they make a decision, probably agreeing with their advisors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

She has a thousand more clues than Trump - he was caught in the middle of an interview not knowing the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah - and this is the same guy who says he knows more about ISIS than the top generals.
Original post by ed98
If I was unfortunate enough to be an American I would vote for an independent candidate

America is amazing mate
Original post by MathMoFarah
She has a thousand more clues than Trump - he was caught in the middle of an interview not knowing the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah - and this is the same guy who says he knows more about ISIS than the top generals.

And she just last night said the tax cuts caused the subprime mortgage crisis, that she will take all the guns away, and that cutting corporate taxes will not encourage businesses to remain in America, when they're trying to leave the US to cheaper climes.
And she just last night said the tax cuts caused the subprime mortgage crisis, that she will take all the guns away, and that cutting corporate taxes will not encourage businesses to remain in America, when they're trying to leave the US to cheaper climes.

When exactly did she say
'I will take all the guns away'?

And he said last night that stop and search 'worked very well'
and that 'my temperament is my strongest asset'

Facts per capita is the most sensible way to measure this - and politifact is where you can find that comparison.
When exactly did she say
'I will take all the guns away'?

And he said last night that stop and search 'worked very well'
and that 'my temperament is my strongest asset'

Facts per capita is the most sensible way to measure this - and politifact is where you can find that comparison.

"I have a winning temperament" then again, that doesn't fit the rhetoric, does it?

That NATO is the oldest military alliance in the world when it is nearly 6 centuries too young for that title?

Iran was weeks away from having a bomb when Clinton became SoS? Okay then, where are the dozens they've been able to build?

And she seriously denies that pregnancy is an inconvenience to employers and thinks that there should be equal pay for unequal work?
"I have a winning temperament" then again, that doesn't fit the rhetoric, does it?

Keep watching for other 30 seconds and you'll hear the 'my strongest asset' line

The rest of your points are covered under my facts per capita one
Trump is a geezer and a half!!!
Original post by ODES_PDES
Trump is a geezer and a half!!!

He might have tiny hands, but he does have big balls.
Original post by WBZ144
And Trump has told many lies and backtracked on previous promises, he doesn't exactly have a track record for being honest.

Perhaps, not. But the choice here is between a pathological liar (Hillary) who has little to no consistency in voting for issues (be it taxation or women's rights) and a demagogue, who has no experience.

I'll take the latter any day.
Original post by WBZ144
And Trump has told many lies and backtracked on previous promises, he doesn't exactly have a track record for being honest.

The difference between Clinton and Trump is that Clinton is a better liar. Remember when she and her ilk insinuated the whole health thing was a right wing nutjob conspiracy? It took her fainting on camera to get out that she had pneumonia.

Had she simply said, "Yes. I'm coughing a lot. I have pneumonia, but I can't let Trump get his word out without fighting him every step of the way.", it would have been fine. Instead, she flatly lied and suggested anyone who thought she might be sick was either stupid, a lunatic or had an agenda.

Clinton manipulates and distorts the facts horrendously. Trump's relationship with the facts is similar to a monkey with a banana being asked about the US Supreme Court Nomination: "I don't care about that. Screw you, I have a banana."

Trump just honestly doesn't care what the truth is and simply sells his product - His Presidency. Hillary has an agenda and lies, manipulates and distorts to feed in to that agenda.

She's bad. He's bad. Just different flavours of bad. On the lying thing, I would say Hillary is more openly malevolent while Trump is just painfully stupid and self-absorbed.
Original post by nutz99
I think I'd trust Trump to sort out matters in the Middle East before Clinton.

Clinton's/Obama's solution - let's arm one side and they'll be our friends. Oops that didn't work so let's arm the other side instead. Oops that didn't work. So no solution if Clinton gets in and Middle East peace will never be achieved because she will not work with the Russians.

To say that Trump knows nothing about foreign policy and international relations is nonsense. The guy has fingers in pies across the world and more knowledge and contacts than any politician.

So because trump has businesses and contacts around the world he can solve the Middle East crisis?

The logic of trump supporters... *
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
Trump knows nothing about foreign policy and international relations. Anyone who thinks that stealing oil and "blowing the Hell out of them" is actually going to solve the problem can't be very bright.

Don't forget the "kill their families" rant.
Keep watching for other 30 seconds and you'll hear the 'my strongest asset' line

The rest of your points are covered under my facts per capita one

"My strongest asset is probably my temperament, I have a winning temperament "

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hillary already died. Its a body double/actor.
Original post by WBZ144
Trump knows nothing about foreign policy and international relations. Anyone who thinks that stealing oil and "blowing the Hell out of them" is actually going to solve the problem can't be very bright.

If there was no oil left in the vacuum left by Hillary's incompetence, ISIS would have not been able to form and would not even be notable as an orgnisation. Airstrikes right now are really hurting key ISIS positions, so if we continue them and ramp up the efforts, we are going to cripple them. How is the combination of these two things not very bright?

Original post by WBZ144

Name one.
All hail Gary Johnson.
Me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending