The Student Room Group

Movies you hated but critics loved

Scroll to see replies

Drive
The Godfather Part 2
Original post by 0to100
Lol I was just gonna ask: where were her trousers...and the dialogue...and the plot...

What plot? :tongue:
Reply 122
Original post by eternaforest
pulp fiction

I like tarantino but this one just didn't appeal to me :redface:

:mob:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah, to add onto Spirited Away, Birdman and Trainspotting

I've tried to watch The Godfather twice and gave up both times after 20/30 mins. Didn't hook me at all.

Also just remembered Ghostbusters (the original), really didn't like that film at all.

And lastly, Don Jon. I like JGL but written, directed by and starring him, just seemed like an excuse to bang Scarlett Johansen all day tbh... which is fair enough but didn't enjoy the movie.
Original post by AndrewSCO

I've tried to watch The Godfather twice and gave up both times after 20/30 mins. Didn't hook me at all.

Also just remembered Ghostbusters (the original), really didn't like that film at all.

And lastly, Don Jon. I like JGL but written, directed by and starring him, just seemed like an excuse to bang Scarlett Johansen all day tbh... which is fair enough but didn't enjoy the movie.

no one cares
Original post by 0to100
no one cares

Ah interesting, thought that was the point of the thread. My bad.

You cared last time you replied to me in this thread though?
The Lego Movie.
Boyhood, well made but i found it quite long and dreary. Also The Hateful Eight, felt a bit neither here or there for that one.
Original post by Deyesy
What plot? :tongue:

honestly...I think that's why it only won for like best director and effects and stuff...

Alfonso Cuaron is a master director at this point must say.

Harry Potter 3, he helped with Pan's Labyrinth, he did a Little Princess remake in 1995 I think which really outdid how lame any of those broadway film adaptations were made about little girls like Annie, Secret Garden, the other Little Princess films, some Shirley Temple stuff etc.

http://putlocker.is/watch-a-little-princess-online-free-putlocker.html

just look at the 1st 2 minutes of this...his use of colour, his pace, his choice of soundtrack...he gave a ****.

He just knows how to "go there." Even I watch this :colone:
Original post by Vividly clear
Deluded

I wouldn't say it was completely deluded. Have you not seen him in Bronson and/or Legend, both were genius.

I couldn't pick between the two though. Both continue to make top films.
Original post by AndrewSCO

I LOVE spirited away, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy do you not like it???

As for Don Jon, couldn't agree more, I felt like I needed to have a shower after watching that...
Original post by Mr.bob
I cant even fathom that somebody could dislike the godfather part 1

I watched that film first time when I was 13 or something, and although I had to cover my eyes for all the bloody stabbing parts, I absolutely fell in love with that film...and the soundtrack...I made it my phone alarm looool
50- shades of grey
Finding Dory. Very overrated as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think Citizen Kane is a bad film but it is hugely overrated. It just isn't that good. Rosebud yeah we get it so what. it's trying to be cleverer than it is and using movie techniques? We get it you did some clever movie stuff but it really is not that well written or that great a plot.

That said worse movie I ever saw that was meant to be good was The Blair Witch Project, that film was so bad so ultimately boring and not scary that I almost fell asleep.
Original post by 0to100
He tries too hard mate. End of.
Damon is better than him and thats saying a lot.

He wasnt good in Wolf either. He is just baby faced and timid with his acting and so he overdoes the crying, the screaming...hence why gifs were made to mock those same scenes...

just google "leonardo di caprio crying gif"
"leonardo di caprio screaming gif"
they show how extra he is with his emotions lool begging for oscars.

I don't agree that Di Caprio is anywhere near the best actor the generation but when you say ****ing Matt Damon is better and ask where Johnny Depp's awards are then I've got to question if you're either trolling or stupid.
Original post by Rk2k14
Not to mention TDK trilogy. Also give The Prestige a watch. Mad plot twist.

Also anyone firing shots at Brad Pitt needs to watch Se7en.

And Snatch.

How many hollywood actors could pull off a bare knuckle boxing pikey so well?
Most of the academy award winning films are overrated.

I just hope we all agree that The Dark Knight is the most overrated movie in history.
Original post by mhairtransplant
50- shades of grey

Critics tore that film to shreds...
Original post by Martian872
I don't think Citizen Kane is a bad film but it is hugely overrated. It just isn't that good. Rosebud yeah we get it so what. it's trying to be cleverer than it is and using movie techniques? We get it you did some clever movie stuff but it really is not that well written or that great a plot.

That said worse movie I ever saw that was meant to be good was The Blair Witch Project, that film was so bad so ultimately boring and not scary that I almost fell asleep.

I totally agree with Citzen Kane, it seems to me it was well rated because of hype more than substance, by which I mean plot which is tedious throughout, I totally agree about Blair Witch as well, what a snooze fest. About as scary as an episode of Dr Who..

Dude Where's My Car is awful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending