The Student Room Group

This guy is confusing me

I have this guy "friend" and he is honestly the most confusing person ever. Hes sending mixed signals i swear. I know he isn't much of a player even though he has quite a lot of friends who are girls that he talks to daily but his personality is very shy and not open at all. He has sent hints that he likes me and has even said it. i dont know if its in a jokey way or not but i dont want to think about it anymore. Just yesterday i went out with him and after that i texted him that i missed him already and without realising i said "do you miss me?" and heart breakingly he said "no" but his later explanation has me more confused than ever and i feel like he just isn't ready to say to me what he is feeling. he said"no i dont miss you. Im sorry. People forget about me and when they do remember me it is too late. I am sorry. I want to miss you but i can not" and today we haven't even had a proper conversation. usually he sends me a good morning snap but today he didnt but instead sent "is this dark for you?". we have even asked each other indirectly if we like each other and whether it was platonic or not but neither of us knows. I think it is just because he isn't ready although he is currently talking to other people and i know of it because of his snap score. I know i sound obssessive and clingy and he even said he likes that about me but honestly im just in such a confused state. Ive seen a glimpse of his snapchat and i can see quite a few other girls. when i asked if *name* was his girlfriend he sounded horrified and started punching my bag in a jokey way and laughed and said no. this was just yesterday. i dont know if that means i was spot on and he does like her or he just doesn't want me to think he has a girlfriend.

Real question: should i move on and forget about him ??
Original post by Yifan Shen
I have this guy "friend" and he is honestly the most confusing person ever. Hes sending mixed signals i swear. I know he isn't much of a player even though he has quite a lot of friends who are girls that he talks to daily but his personality is very shy and not open at all. He has sent hints that he likes me and has even said it. i dont know if its in a jokey way or not but i dont want to think about it anymore. Just yesterday i went out with him and after that i texted him that i missed him already and without realising i said "do you miss me?" and heart breakingly he said "no" but his later explanation has me more confused than ever and i feel like he just isn't ready to say to me what he is feeling. he said"no i dont miss you. Im sorry. People forget about me and when they do remember me it is too late. I am sorry. I want to miss you but i can not" and today we haven't even had a proper conversation. usually he sends me a good morning snap but today he didnt but instead sent "is this dark for you?". we have even asked each other indirectly if we like each other and whether it was platonic or not but neither of us knows. I think it is just because he isn't ready although he is currently talking to other people and i know of it because of his snap score. I know i sound obssessive and clingy and he even said he likes that about me but honestly im just in such a confused state. Ive seen a glimpse of his snapchat and i can see quite a few other girls. when i asked if *name* was his girlfriend he sounded horrified and started punching my bag in a jokey way and laughed and said no. this was just yesterday. i dont know if that means i was spot on and he does like her or he just doesn't want me to think he has a girlfriend.

Real question: should i move on and forget about him ??

I think it's time to confront him properly and ask him if he wants to be more than just friends. If it doesn't work then slowly distance yourself from him, and at least you've found out either way.
Original post by SeanFM
I think it's time to confront him properly and ask him if he wants to be more than just friends. If it doesn't work then slowly distance yourself from him, and at least you've found out either way.

Thank you :') even my friends have told me to confront him but the problem is im not the type of person to do so and even if i did i dont know how to start it off :') i still want us to be friends even if he doesn't like me since we've been through so much together and have already booked the tickets on going to comic con together so we have to see each other either way.. i don't know whether it would be awkward or not though i guess i just have to see :')
ask him what do you want and where do you see this going
Original post by Yifan Shen
Thank you :':wink: even my friends have told me to confront him but the problem is im not the type of person to do so and even if i did i dont know how to start it off :':wink: i still want us to be friends even if he doesn't like me since we've been through so much together and have already booked the tickets on going to comic con together so we have to see each other either way.. i don't know whether it would be awkward or not though i guess i just have to see :':wink:

I would say hold off till Comic con then after that, make a move.. maybe afterwards just ask him what he would think if you two went out together or how he feels about you or anything,. As for staying friends.. make a judgement call after that. If it's killing you or you still feel the same way if he says no.. then maybe it's worth taking a break. But it might not come to that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending