The Student Room Group

biomedical science/Medicine

how does it work?
do i have to finish the degree in biomedical science and then study a medicine degree or do 1 year of biomed and then have the opportunity to study medicine?

i am asking this because i didn't do too well in my gcse's as i got mostly b's.
Original post by yassaman
how does it work?
do i have to finish the degree in biomedical science and then study a medicine degree or do 1 year of biomed and then have the opportunity to study medicine?

i am asking this because i didn't do too well in my gcse's as i got mostly b's.

What year are you in now and what are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by Kiritsugu
What year are you in now and what are you doing?

year 12 studying chemistry maths and biology
Original post by yassaman
year 12 studying chemistry maths and biology

Okay, if you don't get adequate replies, you should ask this question again because tbh I don't know what I'm talking about however... I don't think merely doing a biomedical science is an entry route into medicine. This would depend on the university and whether they allow cross-transfers like this, so you should conduct some more research on this and hopefully you get an answer on TSR too.

As for your GCSE's, I can understand this, and a lot of medical schools have students with a lot of A*s don't they. Have you thought about doing International GCSEs?

Before any of this though, do as many activities and stuff such as DoE, EPQ, World challenge, NCS, idk, student shadowing, work experience in a hospital or care home setting, stuff like that. Also do you know about the UKCAT and BMAT exams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending