The Student Room Group

My GCSE's..

Okay, so I did not do very well in my GCSE's as that time I was never even considering applying to Oxford, but after getting predicted A*A*A for a level, a lot of people have advised me to apply to Oxford (for english) as they want AAA. But will they even accept me after seeing what I have in my GCSEs, especially in comparison to another student.
I got A*ABBBBBCCCC - nothing in comparison to other people, but I've seen that Cambridge don't really look at GCSE grades so should I consider applying there?
Please help me..
apply to cambridge, not oxford. oxford look at your gcse's ALOT. Cambridge looks at everything equally
make sure you get those A grades
Original post by lalaa64
Okay, so I did not do very well in my GCSE's as that time I was never even considering applying to Oxford, but after getting predicted A*A*A for a level, a lot of people have advised me to apply to Oxford (for english) as they want AAA. But will they even accept me after seeing what I have in my GCSEs, especially in comparison to another student.
I got A*ABBBBBCCCC - nothing in comparison to other people, but I've seen that Cambridge don't really look at GCSE grades so should I consider applying there?
Please help me..

Although it's possible it's very unlikely that Oxford would take you with those GCSEs, and A*A*A isn't really that special. The people who told you to apply there probably don't know much about admissions for Oxford. Cambridge you'd have more chance but I'm still not too sure you're very likely to get in, especially if you didn't have top UMS in your AS exams.
Reply 3
Original post by samantham999
apply to cambridge, not oxford. oxford look at your gcse's ALOT. Cambridge looks at everything equally
make sure you get those A grades

Thank you
Reply 4
Original post by ohgodwhatamidoin
Although it's possible it's very unlikely that Oxford would take you with those GCSEs, and A*A*A isn't really that special. The people who told you to apply there probably don't know much about admissions for Oxford. Cambridge you'd have more chance but I'm still not too sure you're very likely to get in, especially if you didn't have top UMS in your AS exams.

Thank you for the advice, I will try at least.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending