The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9160
Kills it in every film.
Reply 9161
Someone tell me i'm not the only one who keeps hitting the woodwork on FIFA...
If you like Hillary, just drink bleach

Mr Obama was a very good president, the next will be awful, either way.
Original post by Zürich
If you like Hillary, just drink bleach

Mr Obama was a very good president, the next will be awful, either way.

I think there's still a gulf of awfulness between Hilary and Trump..
Officially unemployed.

Will hopefully get a job offer on Monday along with my redundancy payout. Should be fun either way.
Reply 9165
This book is great

IMG_0948.JPG

Speaks about maths as a concept, rather than a subject. Very interesting
Original post by Zerforax
I think there's still a gulf of awfulness between Hilary and Trump..

Yes;. But Donald Trump(& Brexit ) did not arise by accident. The political establishment simply ignored the actual wishes of voters for so long, and then people lash out.

Hillary will win the election, and the establishment will carry on as usual. And 2020 will be even worse.

Trump is a clown but in mostt way, he's more honest than Hillary. I cringe just looking at her.
(edited 7 years ago)
**** me Skepta beat Bowie for the Mercury, just saw that

What a time to be alive, 'Rolex Sweep', 'Sunglasses at Night' & 'Too many man' vs Heores. wow

"Im the king of grime, and I will be for a very long time'

poetry. Bowie was writing about lost love, east/west berlin, bi-curious men in 3m flat. skepta literally inane, trivial nonsense.

This is like Chelsea winning the league. A sign of decedent western civilisation.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think Trump would tone down his policies and views if he makes it into the white house. I think he's cleverer than he lets on, he's saying what he needs, however outlandish it is, to convince enough of the population to vote for him. He's an idiot, but a clever idiot.
Original post by The Wavefunction
I think Trump would tone down his policies and views if he makes it into the white house. I think he's cleverer than he lets on, he's saying what he needs, however outlandish it is, to convince enough of the population to vote for him. He's an idiot, but a clever idiot.

He's very very clever.

Just to take one example. He attacks affirmative action not for the underlying reason, which in this day and age most unthinking Americans just nod along to, he attacks the gaming of the system and the ludicrous situation whereby majority-minority states still have it in force. Hillary can't defeat the common sense of those arguments, but she can guilt trip. Trump doesnt let her. And if she tries, most Americans cringe and vote Trump anyway. He asks loaded questions.

American politics is a joke, but Hillary is the worst.
(edited 7 years ago)
How can you be ver very clever when you can be baited easier than a prepubescent child desperate for some candies.

He asks loaded question? The man's syntax is still at KS1.

This election is a joke. People shouldn't take it seriously and just take it as an elongated comedy show. I already miss the republican primary- cruz speaking spanish after Rubio accused him of not been able to speak it was my highlight along with the dick size comment.
(edited 7 years ago)
^ Because thats what the regular American dumb **** public wants to see and how they want to see him react.
Original post by atom y humber
How can you be ver very clever when you can be baited easier than a prepubescent child desperate for some candies.

He asks loaded question? The man's syntax is still at KS1.

Is he actually being baited ?

Is it the case that he recognises the Kulturkampf and acts angry when he realises that the laid off Ohio Steel worker is angry? He's 'angry' when he knows it pays to be very angry.

That's certainly cleverer than what Hillary does.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Is he actually being baited ?

Is it the case that he recognises the Kulturkampf and acts angry when he realises that the laid off Ohio Steel worker is angry? He's 'angry' when he knows it pays to be very angry.

That's certainly cleverer than what Hillary does.

You must be delusional if you don't think he gets baited and think he's clever.

Those Ohio steel workers are already voting for him no matter what. The man is telling people to go watch a sex tape that doesn't exist. That'll make the feminist quieter- the people he needs to convince to vote for him.

Texas is becoming a swing state ffs.
I don't really like Drumpf but I hate Hilary, so I would prefer Drumpf for personal reasons. I think Hilary for me represents the status quo whereas Trump is a more polarising figure that would force people to really question things, he is a guy that will force the difficult social questions to be asked and answered.
I don't think he's clever, becuase he's pursuing a tactic which isn't winning him the election. He's got a very real chance of winning, but the antics which won him the GOP nomination are the one which are going to lose him this race. On the back of the first debate he's lost ground in key swing states like Florida and Nevada. He was also painfully thin on policy which is an issue which will become larger as time goes on.

Hard to make a convincing argument on Trump's tactics being smarter than Hillary when hers are winning her the election and his are losing him it.

Trump is speaking to his base, but Hillary is speaking to the floater voters while still keeper her base happy. He's pissing too many people off, he's one of the most unpopular candidates in recent history, even more so than Hillary.
West Ham are awful - basically just Payet United.

No way he's staying after this season.
Payet doing a George Best today.
Original post by Lúcio
West Ham are awful - basically just Payet United.

No way he's staying after this season.

He's on a long contract on big wages, and West Ham would want £25-30m for him as a minimum. As good as he is he's 30 in March, who is going to pay that? Certainly nobody in the Premier League

On the subject of West Ham... some YouTubers broke into their stadium. Unbelievable how **** their security is

Original post by Jimmy Seville
In a year of surprising sporting stores, Tyson Fury being on the charlie...is not.

About as surprising as Harry Redknapp being corrupt.

Latest