The Student Room Group

which university?

I don't know which uni to go to all I know is that I want to study law. This girl told me that I could email universities my predicted grades and ask them if they would offer me a place. Is she lying or can I really do that??? Help!!!!
Original post by safaa7
I don't know which uni to go to all I know is that I want to study law. This girl told me that I could email universities my predicted grades and ask them if they would offer me a place. Is she lying or can I really do that??? Help!!!!

They can tell you if your predicted grades are sufficient for a Law place. If you aim for a top university then you should be predicted A*AA minimum, Law is competitive so you need to have top grades and a good well rounded personal statement, what subjects do you do?
Reply 2
Original post by Rhythmical
They can tell you if your predicted grades are sufficient for a Law place. If you aim for a top university then you should be predicted A*AA minimum, Law is competitive so you need to have top grades and a good well rounded personal statement, what subjects do you do?

I'm doing English lit and lang, Sociology, and Spanish. I'm predicted ABB but hopefully I will get better than that since I dropped a subject and I will start revising earlier. Im not aiming for a top university just a good one.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by safaa7
I'm doing English lit and lang, Sociology, and Spanish. I'm predicted ABB but hopefully I will get better than that since I dropped a subject and I will start revising earlier. Im not aiming for a top university just a good one.

Nice mix of subjects, good to see you have essay based subjects too and a foreign language (could help with your application and make you stand out) but also check out https://le.ac.uk/courses/law-llb?uol_r=d308eb1c Leicester has a good law school but it's AAB, however most unis will ask for AAB (even good ones) so might be worth to get one of your B's bumped up. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Rhythmical
Nice mix of subjects, good to see you have essay based subjects too and a foreign language (could help with your application and make you stand out) but also check out https://le.ac.uk/courses/law-llb?uol_r=d308eb1c Leicester has a good law school but it's AAB, however most unis will ask for AAB (even good ones) so might be worth to get one of your B's bumped up. :smile:

Thank you for your help!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending