The Student Room Group

I'm British Pakistani and I don't find Brit Pakistani men attractive?

So I'm Brit Pakistani and my parents would like me to marry a Pakistani guy but the thing is I have never been attracted to them. All my crushes from school to uni have been non-Pakistani men.

I feel guilty and bad mainly because it feel like I'm generalising but this is my experience of them though I'm sure they are some nice ones there. Anyway it's what my parents want for me. Also, they'd never allow me to marry a non-Pakistani guy even if he was Muslim. They really strict when it comes to this.

But I've tried for my parents said but I've never really been attracted to Pakistani men. Something just always turns me off about them. What to do?:/

Scroll to see replies

Good luck with that sticky situation, and ngl neither do I really. Maybe try finding one on online marriage websites or something. Sorry I'm not really sure. :redface:
Reply 2
>If you're 18 leave
>If not leave when you're 18 or alternatively leave when you can be financially independent
>Make your own choices
>̶d̶i̶s̶r̶e̶g̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶f̶e̶m̶a̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶c̶y̶
(edited 7 years ago)
What City do you live in? My god can't believe there's still born and bred British Pakistani's like that. Would imagine it from the older generation. But from ours?!
Most of these men sleep around and get drunk yet they expect to marry a pure Virgin good girl that wears a hijab. Also, many believe a woman's place is in the kitchen and should not been given much freedom.

@undercxver and @TheonlyMrsHolmes who does this sound similar to? :rofl:
Original post by Eternalflames

What is that? An indirect hint at an TSR user with views like that? Idk why I'm shocked.
Original post by Anonymous
What is that? An indirect hint at an TSR user with views like that? Idk why I'm shocked.

Yeah I tagged the guy.

I'm so sorry let me reply to you properly :o:

So I'm Brit Pakistani and my parents would like me to marry a Pakistani guy but the thing is I have never been attracted to them. All my crushes from school to uni have been non-Pakistani men.

For me Pakistani men fall into 2 categories. Either they're loud,arrogant, show off and gangster wannabes with rubbish fashion sense or they freaking hypocrites. I hate their attitude towards women. Most of these men sleep around and get drunk yet they expect to marry a pure Virgin good girl that wears a hijab. Also, many believe a woman's place is in the kitchen and should not been given much freedom. I'm not talking about freshies here, but born and bred Brit ones. I have lots of male friends and they all think like that. I abhor they attitude towards white women as if they're a piece of meat. Recently, my cousin said White girls are the 3 F's:find them, f them, then F off. I was disgusted.

I feel guilty and bad mainly because it feel like I'm generalising but this is my experience of them though I'm sure they are some nice ones there. Anyway it's what my parents want for me. Also, they'd never allow me to marry a non-Pakistani guy even if he was Muslim. They really strict when it comes to this.

But I've tried for my parents said but I've never really been attracted to Pakistani men. Something just always turns me off about them. What to do?:/

Hmm, you're not allowed even Indian Muslims, or do you not like them either?

What type of guys have you been attracted to before?
Where did you meet these Pakistani guys that think like this? I feel like the more intellectual ones at uni etc wouldn't be like that.
@Lord Samosa is one of the nicest TSRians I know, and he's not like what you described at all. So like him I'm sure there are many more nice Pakistani guys.
Original post by undercxver
Ofc has to be the backwards benchod A-man! :ahee:

Hahaha :rofl:

Of course it is :biggrin:

LMFAO so true XDDD

For me Pakistani men fall into 2 categories. Either they're loud,arrogant, show off and gangster wannabes with rubbish fashion sense or they freaking hypocrites. I hate their attitude towards women. Most of these men sleep around and get drunk yet they expect to marry a pure Virgin good girl that wears a hijab. Also, many believe a woman's place is in the kitchen and should not been given much freedom. I'm not talking about freshies here, but born and bred Brit ones. I have lots of male friends and they all think like that. I abhor they attitude towards white women as if they're a piece of meat. Recently, my cousin said White girls are the 3 F's:find them, f them, then F off. I was disgusted.

I think you only mentioned 1 category :o:o

The thing is, of course not all Pakistani men are like that!

There will be someone out there with the same moral outlook as you so I wouldn't start worrying about this just yet :-P

There are always good eggs and bad eggs in every egg basket!
OP I think you've been a bit unlucky, I think it might be a case of noticing the *****y guys more as they stand out more? Not really sure what advice to give tbh :redface:

Original post by undercxver
Ofc has to be the backwards benchod A-man! :ahee:

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
LMFAO so true XDDD

Is it bad that he's the first person I thought of as i read the OP :rofl:
Im pakistani and this hurts me on so many levels..............
Original post by Lord Samosa

It means he should sort his life out :smile:
Reply 13

Awh poor guys haha it is generalising a bit and I'm sure they're not all like that, but I guess in your experience they have been and whatever you find attractive, that's up to you! Nobody can force it on you. 'Whatever floats your boat' is my mantra when it comes to people's relationship choices. I hope you find somebody nice one day who hopefully your family like also and I'm sure they will (no matter who they are and what race, where they come from, etc)

Oh p.s. I grew up in a very Pakistani area and did have a lot of trouble with the guys round there my age or a bit older. I got harassed a lot especially to and from school. But I don't know enough to be able to say whether this is a culture thing, or an age thing, or neither, who knows.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lord Samosa

LOL, no :mmm:

We all thought that :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
don't worry honey there're nothing wrong with that, it doesn't make you racist or anything. I'm not attracted at all to dark skinned ppl. wot you've got to do sweetie is save enough money to move out then marry whoever you want

good luck

xx
don't worry honey there're nothing wrong with that, it doesn't make you racist or anything. I'm not attracted at all to dark skinned ppl. wot you've got to do sweetie is save enough money to move out then marry whoever you want

good luck

xx

:redface:

good luck

xx

:rofl:
Reply 18

That's not me
Original post by TheBBQ
That's not me

Similar :lol:

Latest

Trending