Who else is applying???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Anyone?!
Original post by Sayfi
Anyone?!

Yeah I'm gonna be applying which unis are you applying to?
Reply 4
Original post by bilal_i_786
Yeah I'm gonna be applying which unis are you applying to?

I will be applying to Leeds, Swansea, MMU, Southampton and Middlesex... What about you?:smile:
Original post by Sayfi
I will be applying to Leeds, Swansea, MMU, Southampton and Middlesex... What about you?:smile:

Yeah same here but I want to go leeds not really interested in the others and which subjects are you applying with because I know they only ask for one science And I do chemistry but not sure if I should drop biology for a btec because I hate it
Reply 6
Yeah same here but I want to go leeds not really interested in the others and which subjects are you applying with because I know they only ask for one science And I do chemistry but not sure if I should drop biology for a btec because I hate it

I am only interested in Leeds too... If you dont like biology then you can do a btec but wouldnt it be too late to strat a btec now?
Original post by Sayfi
I am only interested in Leeds too... If you dont like biology then you can do a btec but wouldnt it be too late to strat a btec now?

I'd Just have to put some extra time into it but it could be finished by Christmas which subjects do you do?
Reply 8
I'd Just have to put some extra time into it but it could be finished by Christmas which subjects do you do?

I do BTEC Level 3 applied sciene (double) with level 3 I.T. Have you got any work experience?
Original post by Sayfi
I do BTEC Level 3 applied sciene (double) with level 3 I.T. Have you got any work experience?

I've got about a weeks work ex at a medical centre that's about it what about you?
Reply 10
I've got about a weeks work ex at a medical centre that's about it what about you?

Ive done a couple of days at a hospital.
Reply 11
Hi,
I am also wanting to apply to cardiac physiology, but I dont know what to write in my personal statement, Also I dont know what universities to pick either for the course? Can someone offer some guidance?
Hi young lad(s)/lass(es),

I specialize in helping youngsters into med school (I teach A level Biology and Physics privately).

BILAL: I have had several students who actually hated biology initially, but within 6-8 weeks of help from me, began adoring it - it's a Q of how you approach it - might sound tough, but don't look at it as a fat book to learn = more, learn to derive facts from everyday items (as I said in another post, Jesus was not stupid [if you believe in the guy!] - biology all fits in)

e.g. compare the internal environment of the human body to a room in a house - keep it simple: in a room, take an object, say you have ten apples - how can that no. of apples change? work it out: the no of apples can decrease ONLY if (a) you eat (get rid of) one or two, [or 3, if you are fit like me!! - make biology fun, too] b) you buy less extra ones OR c) you throw some out of the window [mum won't be too happy if you do that!] - there are NO OTHER WAYS in which the no of apples can decrease! - Right?

SAME WAY: Biology Q: How can you get anaemia (= low haemoglobin [Hb] in the blood)? OK - (a). Like apples being eaten, something destroys the Hb = haemolytic (heam = blood; lysis = breakdown) anaemia e.g. in malaria, the parasite enters erythrocytes (red blood cells [eryth = red; cyto = cell]) and makes them burst.

(b) Like less apples being bought, less Hb might be produced (brought in) = aplastic anaemia = less Hb produced in the bone marrow of long bones [e.g.femur] e.g. some medicines can have this side effect e.g. phenylbutazone [banned some years ago] for epilepsy.

(c) like losing apples out of window, Hb lost out of body = anaemia due to blood loss out of body e. g. EXTERNAL: after severe injury or INTERNAL: bleeding gastric (=of stomach) ulcer.

SEE: easy peasy, lemon squeezy (sorry: you are not babies any more!!) ONLY three main types of anaemia!

Also use association and Greek roots - so so interesting (so fun, as you youngsters say!): we said above lysis = breakdown: - THINK where else have you heard this syllable? YES correct: lysosome in cell, yeah? Why is it called lysosome? Because it lyses (breaks down, makes sense?) waste e.g. phagocytosed (phago = swallow, take in) bacteria in leucocytes (leuco = white; cyto = cell therefore white cells).

Give biology a chance: Not only will you simply love it - you will get an A or A*.

ANGEL: I can help you with your PS if you need: Put down relevant positive info about you, your personal strengths that are unique to you, your relevant experience [link the work experience, interests, etc. to your chosen course], show enthusiasm + passion for your subject [even if you don't have it!!], if you are applying for medicine DON'T SAY YOU WANT TO HELP PEOPLE - age-old mistake: don't pretend to be "holier than thou"!

In my interview at Kings (who I declined and did medicine at Guys, then the two were separate! - I won't tell you how long ago, otherwise you will guess my age and run like hell!!), they asked me this question: "why do you want to do medicine?" I remembered my teacher;'s advice and avoided saying that "I wanted to help people"!

Best of luck, both of you!
Reply 13
Original post by Sayfi
Who else is applying???

Hello, I'm applying too! 😌
Original post by angel_18
Hi,
I am also wanting to apply to cardiac physiology, but I dont know what to write in my personal statement, Also I dont know what universities to pick either for the course? Can someone offer some guidance?

There's only a few unis that do cardiac physiology the ones that I know of are Leeds mmu swansea Middlesex and Southampton and I think that's it and for the personal statement you should probably get some relevant work experience at a hospital or gp etc to gjve you something to write about and just talk about why it interests you
Original post by zoe3
Hello, I'm applying too! 😌

Will you be applying to Leeds?
Reply 16
Will you be applying to Leeds?

Yes, I'm going to apply to Leeds, Southampton, St. George's and Anglia Ruskin
Reply 17
Original post by zoe3
Yes, I'm going to apply to Leeds, Southampton, St. George's and Anglia Ruskin

Cool. What abaout your 5th choice? And have you sent off your application yet?
Reply 18
Original post by Sayfi
Cool. What abaout your 5th choice? And have you sent off your application yet?

I think I will just apply for four, because you have to go for interviews and I don't want to miss loads of school. I'm going to send mine next week. Have you sent yours?
Reply 19
Original post by zoe3
I think I will just apply for four, because you have to go for interviews and I don't want to miss loads of school. I'm going to send mine next week. Have you sent yours?

No im planning on sending mine next week too. Are you going to put your last option as a back up plan? I might be doing that

Quick Reply

Latest