The Student Room Group

Accreditations

I am applying for 2017 courses and I've seen some courses saying they are accredited by such and such but is that really important? People have said to me that it would be easier to find jobs after uni if I have that and if you don't you have to take another test or exam or something... Is that true? I am applying for interior design courses, so would taking a course that has Accreditations increase my chances of employment?
Original post by Ineedhelpasapl
I am applying for 2017 courses and I've seen some courses saying they are accredited by such and such but is that really important? People have said to me that it would be easier to find jobs after uni if I have that and if you don't you have to take another test or exam or something... Is that true? I am applying for interior design courses, so would taking a course that has Accreditations increase my chances of employment?

It can help - sometimes it offers specific exemptions from extra exams to get a professional status on graduating, sometimes it's simply that the degree has been through an extra few steps that mean the course content/stucture is approved by a professional body. Do your research into what the accreditation means (most accrediting bodies will have a page on their website explaining this) and then decide if that's a priority for you.

Quick Reply

Latest