The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trythis
Awesome! Which subject? Have you decided which options you'll take in first year, yet?

English! Maybe two languages or something :smile: You? Let me know when you get an offer asap plz.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
English! Maybe two languages or something :smile: You? Let me know when you get an offer asap plz.

I've applied for Computing / English Language but I'm going to try to get onto Computing / German / Linguistics courses!
I'll post on here as soon as offers start coming, don't worry.
Applying for Law and I hear Humanities/Social Sciences tend to be sent off later? Not sure, might be a rumour but kinda scared :s-smilie:
Reply 123
If I pay for the UCAS application now, would I be able to make changes tomorrow?
Original post by BioOx
If I pay for the UCAS application now, would I be able to make changes tomorrow?

Make changes to what specifically?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BioOx

When you pay, it also sends your application off to the referee (not directly to your universities yet) so in order to make changes the referee at your school needs to send it back back to you hope this helps!

Also hey everyone! I have sent my application off to UCAS but my school still needs to add references and stuff so hopefully by Friday it'll be off to my choices - Warwick, KCL, Edinburgh, Manchester, SOAS
Hey everyone

Hoping to do Politics/Politics with IR
My AS grades are nowhere near the standard on this thread:BBBB (Geography, history, politics and english literature-dropped) the Bs are 1 off an A which hurts so bad ahahah
A level targets-A*/A, A,A
Uni's applying to-Durham, Warwick, York,Exeter and keeping number 5 free just incase
If i got an offer I'd firm durham/warwick :smile:
I take back what I said earlier, I'll be applying this week!!!

Fingers crossed I get an offer from Warwick quickly lol.
Original post by jamestg
I take back what I said earlier, I'll be applying this week!!!

Fingers crossed I get an offer from Warwick quickly lol.

Aha exactly what I'm hoping for too! What course are you applying for?
I know someone who applied for English and already has two offers from Bristol (unconditional) and Liverpool
Original post by tictactao
Aha exactly what I'm hoping for too! What course are you applying for?

Econ!! You?
Original post by jamestg
Econ!! You?

Oh I'm going for a similar thing!! International Management :smile:
Original post by MoshBosh
I know someone who applied for English and already has two offers from Bristol (unconditional) and Liverpool

Ugh the things I would give to have an unconditional offer
Oh I'm going for a similar thing!! International Management :smile:

Ooh nice! Maybe I'll see you around if we both decide to go there!
I have until October half term to send off my application. I'll be applying to Hertfordshire, Anglia Ruskin and university of Suffolk
Original post by jamestg
Ooh nice! Maybe I'll see you around if we both decide to go there!

Haha yeah! Do you think you'll make it your firm?
Haha yeah! Do you think you'll make it your firm?

If I get rejected by both Durham and Cambridge, yes!
My friend received an offer from Bristol for English on Tuesday 27th.. so exciting!!
It isn't a race. It isnt 'first one to get an offer is the winner'. Getting an early offer does not mean 'I'm better/cleverer than anyone else'.

Universities do not 'run out of offers' - as long as you apply before the Jan deadline you have just as much chance of an offer as anyone else. In reality you probably have more chance of an offer by waiting before you submit your application as those that do tend to have spent more time thinking about both their Personal Statements and their actual Uni choices.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by returnmigrant
It isn't a race. It isnt 'first one to get an offer is the winner'. Getting an early offer does not mean 'I'm better/cleverer than anyone else'.

Universities do not 'run out of offers' - as long as you apply before the Jan deadline you have just as much chance of an offer as anyone else. In reality you probably have more chance of an offer by waiting before you submit your application as those that do tend to have spent more time thinking about both their Personal Statements and their actual Uni choices.

I think it's the excitement of getting an offer. Plus a person who gets an offer in like December will be motivated longer than a person who gets an offer in like March if that makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending