The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

BBC have put up an obscure Wenger transfers quiz, not a Gunners fan myself but I was happy to get full marks on it. You can also name your Arsenal XI of players from his tenure.

My Arsenal under Wenger XI
---------------------Seaman
Dixon-----Campbell----Adams-----Cole
Ljungberg-----Cesc-----Vieira-----Pires
-------------Bergkamp-----Henry

That team is just filled to the brim with dickheads, only thing you are missing is some Nasri and Adebayor.
Reply 803
Original post by James.Carnell
That team is just filled to the brim with dickheads, only thing you are missing is some Nasri and Adebayor.

Yeah for some reason I didn't find either of them.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah for some reason I didn't find either of them.

Is it bad that I love the whole current team apart from Aaron Ramsey? I just find it difficult to like the guy for some reason. Can't really get a handle on what it is about him that makes me feel this way.
Original post by James.Carnell
Is it bad that I love the whole current team apart from Aaron Ramsey? I just find it difficult to like the guy for some reason. Can't really get a handle on what it is about him that makes me feel this way.

He's a snake in the making. Reminds me of Nasri a bit.
Original post by Hugs31
BBC have put up an obscure Wenger transfers quiz, not a Gunners fan myself but I was happy to get full marks on it. You can also name your Arsenal XI of players from his tenure.

My Arsenal under Wenger XI
---------------------Seaman
Dixon-----Campbell----Adams-----Cole
Ljungberg-----Cesc-----Vieira-----Pires
-------------Bergkamp-----Henry

Nearly exactly my one, but Van Persie instead of Bergkamp.

It's pretty much a no-brainer other than deciding whether you want Campbell or Adams' main partner Bould, and whether you want Bergkamp or Van Persie.

Certainly no players from the 'top 4 is our trophy' era will get in it.
^parody
Original post by atom y humber
^parody

What's a parody of what?
It was how frorting at the mouthfor Ozil to fail
Original post by ozzyoscy
What's a parody of what?

Considering rvp in place of bergkamp is a parody. One is first name on the sheet and has a statue. The other is a United legend.

Your post is a parody of all things.
Rvp was in our "top 4 is a trophy" trophyless era. Did nothing in 2003-05. He then won the PL with another club and is now a nobody
Considering rvp in place of bergkamp is a parody. One is first name on the sheet and has a statue. The other is a United legend.

Your post is a parody of all things.

If you talk to me with more respect and less like a dyslexic chav, I'll reply to your critique.

Original post by shawn_o1
Rvp was in our "top 4 is a trophy" trophyless era. Did nothing in 2003-05. He then won the PL with another club and is now a nobody

He's 33...

It's picking the best Wenger XI, not the XI that won the most trophies. Wenger said in 2012 that Top 4 is a trophy, Van Persie left that year.

Scoring 30 in 38 league games and 5 in 8 Champions League games in his last season there, and 26 in 38 and 3 in 6 in his first season at Man Utd, so he wasn't past it during his time at Arsenal.
Nah you got it wrong champ. Fact isn't critique. Fact is fact.

Rvp is as far as Arsenal are concerned not it bergkamp' universe. Lmao
If you talk to me with more respect and less like a dyslexic chav, I'll reply to your critique.

He's 33...

It's picking the best Wenger XI, not the XI that won the most trophies. Wenger said in 2012 that Top 4 is a trophy, Van Persie left that year.

Scoring 30 in 38 league games and 5 in 8 Champions League games in his last season there, and 26 in 38 and 3 in 6 in his first season at Man Utd, so he wasn't past it during his time at Arsenal.

God you're actually clueless. 'It's picking the best xi.....' You're the kinda person that thinks stating the obvious is a viable point?

Wonder what you'll tell us....it involves picking players thatve played for Arsenal since 96?????
God you're actually clueless.

So the first thing I read in reply to "talk to me with more respect is this", and in the midst of a double post reply (touched a nerve it seems), is more insults and generic forum posturing.

That's not very smart, as now I won't be reading further.
Reply 816
:rofl:
So the first thing I read in reply to "talk to me with more respect is this", and in the midst of a double post reply (touched a nerve it seems), is more insults and generic forum posturing.

That's not very smart, as now I won't be reading further.

You think RVP is better or more influential than Bergkamp. Not like your opinion will be missed Ozzy :wink:
Original post by leinad2012
You think RVP is better or more influential than Bergkamp. Not like your opinion will be missed Ozzy :wink:

It's not like anyone's opinion on here matters.

Ok I get it now, why it touches a nerve, RVP left the club while Bergkamp retired there. That's all anyone had to say.
Reply 819
It's not like anyone's opinion on here matters.

Ok I get it now, why it touches a nerve, RVP left the club while Bergkamp retired there. That's all anyone had to say.

Haven't kept up with this debate so I don't know what's been said, but do you think RVP was more influential or better than Bergkamp?

Quick Reply

Latest