The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DamnDaniel2
He's done his AS levels already and got 99% across his maths modules (298/300) and 98% across his Biology and Chemistry exams. Further maths was on the poor side which he was very annoyed about as he missed out on the A by 2 UMS I think. But his personal goal was to get 95+ on everything ahaha but honestly would die for his grades :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge use the top three subjects i'm sure so he should be in a really really good position then.
If he has a C in language then tell him to resit it and put the grade as pending on ucas. Otherwise i'm not sure many universities allow a C.
Original post by Jkoo22
qr 900
ar 900
vr 760
sj 770

mocks i got mostly 800+

SJT is banded not scored? Your average would have been 853, not 830
AR strat?
Original post by gaby_xo

typo
it was
qr 900ar 760vr 770sj band 2(not 900 for ar)
so average about 810
Original post by Hamza_33
Would i be allowed to write my list for solving abstract on the pad provided?

I think so! You are given a whiteboard. My plan is to spend some time during the Decision Analysis section writing out some important equations for the QR and my list for Abstract
Original post by Jkoo22
so average about 810

I see, that makes more sense! Thank you :smile:
Reply 6647
Original post by ThrowawayMike
I'm in really bad shape at the moment, guys. I've prepared pretty thoroughly over the past few weeks and, in my mocks, I've not been able to score anywhere near what's required for Newcastle/Warwick.

I'm a non-science applicant for GEM (with non-science A-levels) and I'm in need of some serious motivation. My UKCAT is at 08:00 on 4th October (in less than two days). I've done the UKCAT practice tests and I've used the 1000qs book. I'm not feeling very hopeful. What do you think my chances of producing a better score on test day are?

Here are my scores:

Medify MINI-MOCKS:

VR: 650
QR: 650
AR: 570

Average: 623

Medify FULL MOCKS:

Mock 1

VR: 700
QR: 550
AR: 700

Average: 650

Mock 2

VR: 570
QR: 570
AR: 650

Average: 596

Mock 3

VR: 600
QR: 550
AR: 650

Average: 600

I seem to have prepared using the same resources as you have been. I took no notice of the medify averages as they don't have the actual formula to provide an accurate representative score so don't stress about them. Just trust in yourself that you've prepared as best as you can. I did a lot better in the real thing most likely due to adrenaline from getting 600s in medify, to getting 750 in the real thing (unexpected seeing as i got 640 last year). I feel most of the reasons for that were luck of questions, having a good sleep, coffee and relaxing during the thing. Good luck, you'll probably surprise yourself.
Original post by I Hope You Die
Cambridge use the top three subjects i'm sure so he should be in a really really good position then.
If he has a C in language then tell him to resit it and put the grade as pending on ucas. Otherwise i'm not sure many universities allow a C.

Ok that's good.

Oh ok! That's not too good then :s-smilie: Imperial has an IELTS exam so wouldn't he be able to do that for Imperial? I don't think Cambridge requires a B in english language? Not sure about the other uni's he wants to apply to.
I'll tell him this :smile: thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
wouldnt use medify tbh, you want each question done in 20-30 secs
Since when? I thought maths and English were to be at a C grade
Original post by gaby_xo

yes :s good point

are they trolling? xx
Original post by gaby_xo
I see, that makes more sense! Thank you :smile:

nvm just saw their new post was a typo lol xx
what does
SSSPN stand for?
Original post by Jkoo22
qr 900
ar 900
vr 760
sj 770

mocks i got mostly 800+

You must have done incredibly well to get a score of 770 in SJT!
Here I was thinking the scores only ranged between Bands 1 and 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6655
Thanks for the response. What did you do to prepare the day before the test? I've bought three Kaplan practice exams. I plan to work through them tomorrow. Anything else?

No worries. I did a mock at the same time i would be sitting the exam, and i largely focused on verbal reasoning and abstract reasoning questions (i think the mini mocks and medify questions) for the rest of the day as they were the two sub-tests i wasn't confident with. As i said, don't over do it the day before though, you don't want to burn out / lose confidence. I probably did 5 or 6 hours with breaks and then gave up. Sleep and hydration just to have a sound mind at 8am is obviously very important too!
helppp!!! i just did medify mocks 1 and 2 and i did terribly ..
my exam is on tuesday:
mock 1
VR - 550
QR - 570
AR - 750

mock 2
VR - 530
QR- 550
AR - 650

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

its the QR and VR section where i'm panicking...
i'm getting overwhelmed by the questions and don't know how to answer them all in the given time! :frown:
My performance in VR's been less than stellar so far but I can give one piece of advice on the military-related passages: guess then flag them. They tend to be the most dense/time-consuming passages. It's worked reasonably well for me.

thats what i do...hate the military stupid battleship ones
It was a typo, idk how the band effects the average
My exam is Tommorow and I was just printing my ID , I realised that in my passport I have 3 more given names other than my first name.
My first name and last name only are on my ukcat details , would this be a problem what should I do. Also the problem is that my exam centre is approx 1 hour away from home , so even if I arrived early it would be difficult to go back . I'm really worried now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending