The Student Room Group

Finding someone else

I broke up with me ex a year ago after he moved away and the long distance thing didn't work out. Ever since I haven't been able to find someone else even though he has moved on and has been in a relationship for over half a year now. It upsets me when I see pictures of them together but I think this is because I haven't found anyone else not because I'm still wanting him back. It just makes me feel very forgotten about and unloved and unwanted especially when the friends I have I don't feel I have anything in common with them. I'm at college in the U.K. And I've tried to find new friends but nobody seems interested in making new connections and everyone seems the same tbh obsessed with going out not working hard and getting drunk which I enjoy but it's not really what I think life's completely about . I don't feel like I can have an intelligent conversation with anyone and it makes me feel so isolated . I'm 17 and it's slowly ruining my life , I've already been diagnosed with depression over it and I don't know what to do. I just want to find someone to love me and spend time with me but I don't know where to find this person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Although a break up can affect a lot of things, you are only 17. You don't need to take on these kind of issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You pretty much sound like me.

Firstly, cut off contact with the ex. Seeing his photos etc won't help with your healing. Ultimately you don't need him in your life anyway, the past is the past.

Keep working on yourself, pursue your hobbies and make sure you put yourself out there. Maybe there's a few debate clubs or something in your area, since you like intelligent conversation? :smile:

It's hard, but eventually you'll find someone you click with!!
I have come.
Original post by babyshawte
Although a break up can affect a lot of things, you are only 17. You don't need to take on these kind of issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wouldnt choose to feel like this on purpose and i don't have a choice on taking on these issues because these issues are my life
but if i cut him out my life then i have a grand total of 0 people who care about me which i think will enhance my loneliness. Im hoping i'll be able to stick it out until uni but it just makes me dread the next year of waiting around
Original post by halliethestudent
but if i cut him out my life then i have a grand total of 0 people who care about me which i think will enhance my loneliness. Im hoping i'll be able to stick it out until uni but it just makes me dread the next year of waiting around

Then you need to find better quality people in your life. I know it's difficult, but your ex is an ex for a reason. You're not exactly keeping the best person as your company.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending