The Student Room Group

How do I put a resit on UCAS??! Help please

I'm in year 13 soon to be applying to university, i did A-level maths a year early (year 12) and got an A*, however when I did the AS in year 11 I got a B and resat one module in year 12 to increase it to an A. How do I put this information on my UCAS application? Do I have to enter my maths AS twice? It was only one module that I resat. Cheers for the help, I'm probably being stupid but i can't find this information on the internet.
I would think you just put your new grade in, which overrides the old one.

Actually, why would you even put the AS when you have the A2?
Original post by redsquared
I'm in year 13 soon to be applying to university, i did A-level maths a year early (year 12) and got an A*, however when I did the AS in year 11 I got a B and resat one module in year 12 to increase it to an A. How do I put this information on my UCAS application? Do I have to enter my maths AS twice? It was only one module that I resat. Cheers for the help, I'm probably being stupid but i can't find this information on the internet.

Check with your exam officer to see if your AS was recertified in year 12. It might be that the resit was only counted towards your A level.

There's a stickied thread on declaring grades that explains how to put your qualifications on UCAS.
Reply 3
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I would think you just put your new grade in, which overrides the old one.

Actually, why would you even put the AS when you have the A2?

Im pretty sure you have to put both AS and A2 grades on UCAS
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Check with your exam officer to see if your AS was recertified in year 12. It might be that the resit was only counted towards your A level.

There's a stickied thread on declaring grades that explains how to put your qualifications on UCAS.

It was, and thanks ill check it out
Hi
I'm in year 13 as well and and just finishing off my ucas application form
I was wondering... do I have to put my AS maths grade (which is a C) if I am retaking C1 and C2 (and maybe D1 as well) ?
and if yes, how do I do that? I can't find anything that asks for AS grades, only the final A2
Reply 6
Original post by &Hope
Hi
I'm in year 13 as well and and just finishing off my ucas application form
I was wondering... do I have to put my AS maths grade (which is a C) if I am retaking C1 and C2 (and maybe D1 as well) ?
and if yes, how do I do that? I can't find anything that asks for AS grades, only the final A2

Yes you must declare it. Add your AS-levels separately with grades achieved. And then also add the modules you are resitting as pending.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi im in year 13 and i sent off my ucas application for unis and currently wating for offers but i am resiting an AS exam for textiles in year 13 as well as my final examination do the AS grades go into ucas and replace the old grade? And how does it contribute to your final grade, if it does?
Reply 8
Original post by Shelomi
Hi im in year 13 and i sent off my ucas application for unis and currently wating for offers but i am resiting an AS exam for textiles in year 13 as well as my final examination do the AS grades go into ucas and replace the old grade? And how does it contribute to your final grade, if it does?

Assuming it's the old spec, which I think it probably is, then yes it contributes to your final A2 grade. Eitherway you need to contact UCAS and your universities.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/making-changes-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending