The Student Room Group

camp america summer 2017

Does Anyone have experience using the company camp america, camp bunac or camp leaders?
I worked at a camp this summer through Camp Leaders, what do you want to know?
Reply 2
Im thinking of applying through camp america just because i know people who have done it through them so i know i can trust them. But the more i research places like camp leaders i realise that its slightly cheaper and you seem paid more. However I just want to know whether you can trust the company and whether people face any problems with them. So did the process all go well for you?
Original post by jcdd
Im thinking of applying through camp america just because i know people who have done it through them so i know i can trust them. But the more i research places like camp leaders i realise that its slightly cheaper and you seem paid more. However I just want to know whether you can trust the company and whether people face any problems with them. So did the process all go well for you?

Yeah, I thought Camp Leaders were a really decent company to use. Easy to apply, good support and it's really clear on your profile which parts were outstanding and needed to be completed. What really stood out for me was how quick they were at answering questions, especially on Twitter. I didn't have any problems with Camp Leaders - you apply online, then get interviewed (either face-to-face in an informal place like a coffee shop etc or over Skype, mine was the latter) and once you get accepted (large majority of people do), you just have to get all the relevant documents scanned and uploaded.
First year you can either pay for your own flights or pay CL more and they'll book them for you. You also need to pay for a police check and a VISA, which is about £110.
Then you're ready to get placed and camps can look at your profile, put you on review and hopefully hire you.

Something you should know, though, is that if it's your first year, the salary isn't great. The company you applied through will book your flights and pay for your insurance, but they'll also take a large chunk of what you earn. You get paid significantly more in your second year because you book your own flights etc. Camp isn't something anyone does for the money though, it's completely for the experience and I'd recommend it to anyone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jcdd

im going through CA just because its the only one i know of people using, think they actually pay the least but are the most reputable
Reply 5
Original post by jcdd
Does Anyone have experience using the company camp america, camp bunac or camp leaders?

Hey! I work for CA, and have been to camp for the last three years through Camp America. They're awesome and really helpful (obviously I'm biased!) But if you have any questions feel free to get in touch! :smile:

Pops
Original post by jcdd

Hi! I'm going to be a counselor this year through Camp leaders, honestly they are an incredible team. I started my application and in under a month I was contacted by a camp and placed instantly. The Camp Leader's team are amazing really helpful and genuine, I had to call them many times to sort out little problems or to clarify things and I was never greeted with anything other than a cheerful and interested individual. They're a lovely team and work so hard to get you placed in a camp you will love and give you the chance to share your skills with other people and as a plus you get the chance to make amazing new friends! I hope this helps :biggrin:
Original post by Robsmwilson
im going through CA just because its the only one i know of people using, think they actually pay the least but are the most reputable

Honestly take the time to investigate them all, I am going through camp leaders and they are amazing and another friend of mine is applying through Americamp and both teams are lovely people! I can't say much for CA as I haven't applied through them, they might be an amazing group just surf all the camp's facebook pages and you'll get the gist of what they are like. I think Americamp and BUNAC are two of the cheaper groups to go with but it depends on what they offer as Camp leaders are arranging my flights and everything for me which is a huge relief! Hope this helps!
Original post by bones-mccoy
I worked at a camp this summer through Camp Leaders, what do you want to know?

Hi Bones-Mccoy! Are you going to camp through Camp leaders this year too?
Original post by JessExplore21
Hi Bones-Mccoy! Are you going to camp through Camp leaders this year too?

No, not this year I'm afraid
Bones, did they take a chunk of your salary before you knew what you would get or after?

I've been to camp before with Americamp and paid for my own flights and wanted to go with camp leaders for flights included.

I've already been offered a job by camp and agreed a salary. How does it work?? Thank you)!!
Hey

I worked at a camp through Camp America last summer!
I'm making a youtube series about the process and my experiences! Give it a watch if you are interested and I'm also happy to answer any questions 😊

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCd0RIC-uaY7SZLWf30GOgbg
Original post by jcdd

I got hired through camp America last year and I'm actually making a little YouTube series about my experience with them and at camp!
If your interested check it out and I'm happy to answer any questions 😊

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCd0RIC-uaY7SZLWf30GOgbg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending