The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6660
Untitled.png

Hi all,

I'm struggling to understand this solution. If the 15% VAT is already included within the hourly rate (that being 100%) then surely 0.85*600 would give you £510? I think my understanding of the question is flawed. Could someone help me out please?

Thanks
How do you answer VR questions?? is it better so scan for key words or skim read the para to get the jist of the text?
Original post by lovegossip
My exam is Tommorow and I was just printing my ID , I realised that in my passport I have 3 more given names other than my first name.
My first name and last name only are on my ukcat details , would this be a problem what should I do. Also the problem is that my exam centre is approx 1 hour away from home , so even if I arrived early it would be difficult to go back . I'm really worried now.

mine is the same and it was fine last year.

on my ukcat reg it was first name and second name
on my ID it was first name, middle name and second name.
Original post by mm_7
How do you answer VR questions?? is it better so scan for key words or skim read the para to get the jist of the text?

Just guess them
Original post by kalp
Untitled.png

Hi all,

I'm struggling to understand this solution. If the 15% VAT is already included within the hourly rate (that being 100%) then surely 0.85*600 would give you £510? I think my understanding of the question is flawed. Could someone help me out please?

Thanks

you would need to do 600/1.15

price includes 15% VAT so it makes it 115%
so you need to work out 100% if that makes sense?
xx
For anyone who has already done the exam:

Are the UKCAT official mocks as hard as the real one? Are they representative?
Reply 6666
Original post by Lostperson
you would need to do 600/1.15

price includes 15% VAT so it makes it 115%
so you need to work out 100% if that makes sense?
xx

Got it. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Mathsmad123
That score seems like it will be fine hopefully, as manchester has never been higher than 665! All throughout year 13, you will be waiting for things from publication of UKCAT deciles to finding out if you have an offer. From personal experience its a killer, its so stressful, I've actually grown like 5 white hair😂! Just make sure you get the A level grades required, because without them, medicine is impossible!!

Thanks Mathsmad and Michaela for your replies. I have around 6 months of VE so that should do. I really like Manchester...Any ideas when do the interviews take place. I have holidays booked from 15th Dec lol!😊I hope the UKCAT average is not that high this year! But 100 applications being rejected straightaway after UKCAT screening is pretty high! 🤔🤔 what do you think could be the probable reasons??
for qr what do people suggest skip any hard questions without picking an answer and do the easy ones first and then come back to them or picking a random answer *flagging and then coming back?*
Original post by ellen111
for qr what do people suggest skip any hard questions without picking an answer and do the easy ones first and then come back to them or picking a random answer *flagging and then coming back?*

pick one and flag incase u can't come back x
Original post by Picturesque2016
Thanks Mathsmad and Michaela for your replies. I have around 6 months of VE so that should do. I really like Manchester...Any ideas when do the interviews take place. I have holidays booked from 15th Dec lol!😊I hope the UKCAT average is not that high this year! But 100 applications being rejected straightaway after UKCAT screening is pretty high! 🤔🤔 what do you think could be the probable reasons??

Just checked their website for you! Interviews will be held 4th-6th Jan 2017 and 10th-13th Jan 2017! I love Manchester so much which is why I am trying to be positive by thinking the averages will go down too lol 😂 well I think going by what maths mad said they probably don't have relevant care work/ they haven't done it for long enough! Or maybe their non academic form is just not very reflective etc! I'm sure there would be loads of reasons but if you have decent voluntary work and the min academic and you meet the cut off, surely unless you are awful they won't reject you before interview (I hope not anyway for my sake too)😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
QR is driving me to distraction. I nail percentage changes and speed/time/distance then the mocks focus on bloody area or five step calculations.
Note to self, my hatred of maths continues...
Anyone got a list of AR relationships which are common in the test to remember? My test is tomorrow.

Thanks
Original post by michaela__
Just checked their website for you! Interviews will be held 4th-6th Jan 2017 and 10th-13th Jan 2017! I love Manchester so much which is why I am trying to be positive by thinking the averages will go down too lol 😂 well I think going by what maths mad said they probably don't have relevant care work/ they haven't done it for long enough! Or maybe their non academic form is just not very reflective etc! I'm sure there would be loads of reasons but if you have decent voluntary work and the min academic and you meet the cut off, surely unless you are awful they won't reject you before interview (I hope not anyway for my sake too)😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks Michaela, that's really helpful! Fingers crossed for the UKCAT cut-off. 7th Oct is not far!
Original post by Picturesque2016
Thanks Michaela, that's really helpful! Fingers crossed for the UKCAT cut-off. 7th Oct is not far!

No problem. At least on the 7th we will know where stand-ish!😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeed.
Anyone got a list of AR relationships which are common in the test to remember? My test is tomorrow.

Thanks

some one else posted these

Shapes⦁ Number of sides⦁ Number of Right angles⦁ Number of circles/triangles⦁ Odd/even number of shapes⦁ More black than white, vice/⦁ Orientation⦁ Straight/curved⦁ Size⦁ Shade⦁ Circle/other shape in cornerShape⦁ At least 1 circle⦁ Direction of arrows⦁ Rotational symmetry/ Line of symmetry⦁ All black/grey objects fit in⦁ 5/3 white circles + 2 black⦁ Hours * minutes⦁ Circles/triangles can be linked with one line⦁ Black shapes are (?) spaces away⦁ Odd/even number of letter⦁ Odd/even number of sides⦁ Some shapes connected by solid/dotted line⦁ Number of intersections⦁ Curved shapes are shaded/white⦁ Either one shape or other not bothArrow⦁ Direction⦁ Number of heads⦁ Number of arrows⦁ Shade of arrows
cant anyone give me the keyboard shortcuts please:smile:??
vr is genuinely giving me nightmares!! i can't even do the supposedly easier questions on medify..... can someone please give me some advice?
Original post by ellen111
vr is genuinely giving me nightmares!! i can't even do the supposedly easier questions on medify..... can someone please give me some advice?

when is the test? x
Original post by kalp
Untitled.png

Hi all,

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending