The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Started to edit the OP. Let me know if you want anything else added - it's still a work in progress.
Original post by jamestg
Started to edit the OP. Let me know if you want anything else added - it's still a work in progress.

Add a link to buy nooses... jk

You should add The Times UK Uni Rankings - http://st.hitcreative.com/education/university_guide/active/UniversityGuide/index/year/2016 under the "Choosing a uni" section.
I was just wondering does anybody else have the problem of taking Spanish, English literature and psychology, as the exams are all on the same day?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CatusStarbright
I think everyone's a little stressed at the moment! (myself included)

My UCAS form is all ready to be sent off, except for my EPQ section, as the meeting is next Wednesday and I still haven't 100% decided what I'm doing for it. I was really wanting to do an EPQ, although now I'm having second thoughts as college reckons it takes up 120 hours over around seven months, which works out at around 4 hours a week. I'm not sure I'll have enough time to fit it in and I don't want to compromise my A level grades, especially since I'm applying to Russell Group institutions - argh, it's just a nightmare.

I'm thinking of just not doing the EPQ. It'd allow me to focus on my A level grades and it would mean that I could send my Oxford application off next week. What does anyone else think?

At the end of the day, your A levels are more important than your EPQ
Original post by Bright_Gift
At the end of the day, your A levels are more important than your EPQ

Yes, I have reached the same conclusion with the support of my parents, my tutor and you lovely people on TSR :smile:
Haven't been on for a while 😂 finally got a new phone so I don't have to use the computer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still not properly started going over AS for the summer exams...(linear spec) - Bio & Computer Science (AQA)

Has anyone got a method to fit in AS revision on top of A2 because I'm struggling right now :frown:
Original post by Yusufff
Still not properly started going over AS for the summer exams...(linear spec) - Bio & Computer Science (AQA)

Has anyone got a method to fit in AS revision on top of A2 because I'm struggling right now :frown:

What do you mean? Are you genuinely saying you don't have enough time in the day to revise AS, or you just don't have a method?
Original post by richpanda
What do you mean? Are you genuinely saying you don't have enough time in the day to revise AS, or you just don't have a method?

I don't have a method, like I'm not sure how many hours of AS I should do alongside A2 (which I will obviously do more hours for). I've been keeping up with my A2 stuff but I need to start fitting in AS - just not sure how much to do a week
Original post by Yusufff
I don't have a method, like I'm not sure how many hours of AS I should do alongside A2 (which I will obviously do more hours for). I've been keeping up with my A2 stuff but I need to start fitting in AS - just not sure how much to do a week

Well 2 of my 3 subjects are linear so I have to know the AS and A2 stuff, so I've just incorporated some sub topics in to my daily planner and make sure I review everything by half term. I'll do the same for each term.
Original post by richpanda
Well 2 of my 3 subjects are linear so I have to know the AS and A2 stuff, so I've just incorporated some sub topics in to my daily planner and make sure I review everything by half term. I'll do the same for each term.

Yeah that's a good idea! Plus there are a few synoptic links to AS in A2 Bio, so that can help me choose what to go over. Thank you
Original post by Yusufff

dude frees! move away from people put headphones on and work for a while thats the best time you can do last years work. leave this year's for when you go home :tongue:
Original post by Chief_98
dude frees! move away from people put headphones on and work for a while thats the best time you can do last years work. leave this year's for when you go home :tongue:

I usually use frees for this year stuff - might give this a try though thanks :smile:
Watched Antiques Roadshow last night and actually enjoyed it.... What is this lol
Original post by Steliata
Watched Antiques Roadshow last night and actually enjoyed it.... What is this lol

You're getting old mate
Original post by Bright_Gift
You're getting old mate

Ikr I'm slightly concerned... It was in between Strictly and Victoria as well :redface:
Original post by jamestg

it looks beautiful :love:
Reply 597
Original post by CoolCavy
it looks beautiful :love:

Thank you!
Reply 598
There's nothing worse and more demotivating than being told by teachers "we think you can get A*A*A* but we're predicting you AAA" :cry::cry:
I'm really scared I will not receive many offers at all

GCSES - 3A* 5A's 3B's
AS - AAAB (maths, rs, eng lit, econ)
Predicted - A*AA

Applied to -
Oxford ( Econ & Man) A*AA - unrealistic I know
Uni of Nottingham (Econ BA) A*AA
Uni of Manchester (Econ BSC) AAB
Kings college London (Econ BSC) A*AA
Uni of Southampton (Econ BSC) AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply