The Student Room Group

Awkward Encounters

So basically, I've recently started a mixed sixth-form which was a really scary experience for me as I've come from an all girls school. I've made loads of friends boys and girls but there is one boy that I really like and I can't speak to him because he makes me feel really nervous and it's gotten round to him that I think he is good looking. I really want to speak to him but I'm finding it really difficult and he is part of the popular gang (but he is so friendly-so i've heard anyway). He is in my form but other than that we have no lessons together and when I get the confidence to talk to him his friends come and then I can't talk to him. And we follow each other on Instagram but we have had like a 3 second conversation ...I think that's so awkward.

I really need help on what to talk to him about because like I said we have no lessons together and we haven't spoken that much to know what he likes. I don't want to be gf or anything I just wanna be his friend but i'm finding making the first step hard.
Original post by DebbieRose
So basically, I've recently started a mixed sixth-form which was a really scary experience for me as I've come from an all girls school. I've made loads of friends boys and girls but there is one boy that I really like and I can't speak to him because he makes me feel really nervous and it's gotten round to him that I think he is good looking. I really want to speak to him but I'm finding it really difficult and he is part of the popular gang (but he is so friendly-so i've heard anyway). He is in my form but other than that we have no lessons together and when I get the confidence to talk to him his friends come and then I can't talk to him. And we follow each other on Instagram but we have had like a 3 second conversation ...I think that's so awkward.

I really need help on what to talk to him about because like I said we have no lessons together and we haven't spoken that much to know what he likes. I don't want to be gf or anything I just wanna be his friend but i'm finding making the first step hard.

It is very difficult, I know :hide: especially when they are surrounded by lots of people. Maybe you can message him on instagram, compliment him on his pictures or try to have a conversation or anything? Then, chances are he'll approach you in real life and you can talk that way. :smile:
Reply 2
I agree. Except I would use FB. Add him, like a few of his things and then talk to him later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending