The Student Room Group

Relationships

Are people actually faithful in relationships anymore?
I've 2 friends in tears because their boyfriends weren't faithful to them.
This is putting me off having a relationship.
Just wait, not everyone is perfect but there will be eventually something. You don't know unless you try and it is difficult but the pain will get easier for your friends and they will find the right people. All the same if you don't want a relationship, then don't have one, it is completely up to you
Reply 2
Original post by ProbablyJade
Just wait, not everyone is perfect but there will be eventually something. You don't know unless you try and it is difficult but the pain will get easier for your friends and they will find the right people. All the same if you don't want a relationship, then don't have one, it is completely up to you
it's difficult because part of me wants a relationships but part of me doesn't
Yeah, a lot of guys are faithful. It's not special, dw.
Original post by ifyouckate
it's difficult because part of me wants a relationships but part of me doesn't

Then just wait until you are completely ready, don't force anything. Maybe try to hang around with guys as friends first?
Reply 5
No. thats why i encourage everyone to just stick to FWB relationships or dating a guy for money

basically f**k the love part, it really saves you from a world of pain
Plenty of men and women capable of being faithful in a relationship. Unfortunately you're less likely to find such people in our generation.

Just keep an eye out but enjoy your life in the process.
Reply 7
You should be put off. When you meet the right one, someone who's loyal and devoted, then flick the switch back on, but what many people do nowadays is that they go around looking. I don't see that as being healthy.

The whole 'no sex before marriage' rule is to test a person's devotion. It's gone out of fashion, which is why you see many break-ups and painful fall outs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
There are plenty of people out there who can and will remain faithful in a relationship. Sadly though, once you hear about cheating stories, especially when it happens to someone close to you by someone you would never suspect of cheating, it can make you nervous for any future relationship you get into. I felt the same since all of my mum's partners, including my dad, cheated on her and that made me worry it would happen to me because it does seem to be quite a common thing these days but my boyfriend and I have been faithful to one and another for the last coming up to 8 years.

Enjoy your life at the moment and don't let these worries about future relationships get in the way too much because chances are you will find someone who you trust and will be faithful to you.
Reply 9
In my personal experiance. I've seen it boil down to

1) Most people don't want to work in a relationship these days. They go steady with someone then get lazy and boring. They probably start nagging and letting their partner put all the effort in. Then they wonder why they get cheated on.
2) The person getting cheating on assumed they were going steady or dated someone who already has a string of broken hearts the length of the great wall of china behind them.

This does go for both genders by the way.

If you ask me. Communication is key, you have to work at it and both people should be asking "What can I do for my partner?" not "why isn't my partner doing this for me?"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending