Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
would a GCSE score of 16 be ok?
GCSEs: 6A*s 4As
AS: AABB
Predicted: A*A*A
UKCAT: 637 Band 2

Should I apply?
Do they use the UKCAT as a cut off point and anyone that meets the cut off progresses to the next stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any grads applying to the 5 year course?
Is it a nice university?
Original post by ipanda99

Should I apply?
Do they use the UKCAT as a cut off point and anyone that meets the cut off progresses to the next stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I'm a reapplicant with almost identical stats to you.
GCSE: 6A*s 5As
A-levels: AAAb
UKCAT: 637 average SJT Band 2
Where will you be applying? I'm thinking UEA, Liverpool, Aberdeen and Bristol, but I'm undecided on Leicester due to their cut off score?
In terms of what Liverpool said about a 'competitive' ukcat score, I think we should be fine and it all depends on our PS from there.
Original post by noctisff
Hey I'm a reapplicant with almost identical stats to you.
GCSE: 6A*s 5As
A-levels: AAAb
UKCAT: 637 average SJT Band 2
Where will you be applying? I'm thinking UEA, Liverpool, Aberdeen and Bristol, but I'm undecided on Leicester due to their cut off score?
In terms of what Liverpool said about a 'competitive' ukcat score, I think we should be fine and it all depends on our PS from there.

I'll PM you, just to not steer this thread away from its purpose.
Reply 46
Original post by ipanda99

Should I apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When i rang up admissions they said their cut off would be between 1770 and 1870 for this year subject to change. You have full points for GCSE's good predictions and a suitable UKCAT with a strong personal statement you'd have a good chance of interview.

I'm applying too with GCSE's: 4A*7A
AS: AAAA
Predicted A*A*A*A*
UKCAT: not done yet
Reply 47
GCSEs: 10A*s 1A
Predicted: A*AAA
UKCAT: 640 :/ band 2 sjt

My ukcat isn't too good so is it worth replying?
Is the course majority PBL?
Is there opportunities to do a placement abroad?
Do they mind if you resit AS/A2 modules?

Or if anyone can suggest any other unis that might suit my strengths it would be appreciated
Would 3 days in a hospice, 1 day in a GP , 6 weeks doing medical research and 1 year tutoring maths be enough WE/ voluntary for Liverpool? I'm trying to get some weekly volunteering in a hospital, but this wouldn't start until after the UCAS deadline! I'm worried my personal statement wouldn't sound good enough due to lack of medical volunteering :frown:
Original post by emelinaw
Would 3 days in a hospice, 1 day in a GP , 6 weeks doing medical research and 1 year tutoring maths be enough WE/ voluntary for Liverpool? I'm trying to get some weekly volunteering in a hospital, but this wouldn't start until after the UCAS deadline! I'm worried my personal statement wouldn't sound good enough due to lack of medical volunteering :frown:

Are you a gap year applicant? I think you can include what you plan to do on your PS. As long as if you can talk about what you learnt from your experiences those should be fine
No I'm year 13. I can expand a lot on what I've done, I'm just worried that they might ask why I haven't done more, particularly medical volunteering! My hospital is really unorganised, so aren't getting back to me very quick, plus they only accept 17+ and I have a fairly late birthday :angry:
Original post by noctisff
Are you a gap year applicant? I think you can include what you plan to do on your PS. As long as if you can talk about what you learnt from your experiences those should be fine
Original post by mf98

Or if anyone can suggest any other unis that might suit my strengths it would be appreciated

You're fine for Liverpool. We are very similar: 8A*s 2As at GCSE and 630 Band 2 UKCAT.

I'm thinking of applying to to Keele, Leicester/Liverpool, Birmingham and Cardiff
Original post by mf98

Birmingham would definetly interview you, i applied last year with 8A* And 2As, ukcat was 607.5 and I had the same predictions as you.
Original post by aRandomGuy
You're fine for Liverpool. We are very similar: 8A*s 2As at GCSE and 630 Band 2 UKCAT.

I'm thinking of applying to to Keele, Leicester/Liverpool, Birmingham and Cardiff

Hey! We have the exact same stats I also got 630 and band 2, I was going to go for Leicester too but when I calculated my score it was only 40.9/48 and that's below last year's cut off. I'm sure yours would be the same because we have the same stats. Just calculate it again to double check because I might be wrong.
Reply 54
GCSEs: 6A* 5A
Achieved: A*A*Ac
UKCAT: 640 and band 2

Do they mind if you resit As modules/do I have to mention it in my ps?
Original post by Batool1997
Hey! We have the exact same stats I also got 630 and band 2, I was going to go for Leicester too but when I calculated my score it was only 40.9/48 and that's below last year's cut off. I'm sure yours would be the same because we have the same stats. Just calculate it again to double check because I might be wrong.

Wait what? I calculated 42.5/48.
http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/medicine/applying/documents/a100-scoring-document-2017

UKCAT score gives us 1890 total which gives us 18.5/24
My best 8 GCSEs were Double Science (A*A*), Maths (A*), English Language (A*), English Literature (A*), French (A*), German (A*), Art (A*), giving me 24/24
24 + 18.5 = 42.5/48

I think our scores are different since we probably have a different set of best 8 GCSEs. Also, I don't think Leicester award 0.9 of a score its either (X).0 or (X).5

PM me if you're still confused
Original post by aRandomGuy
Wait what? I calculated 42.5/48.
http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/medicine/applying/documents/a100-scoring-document-2017

UKCAT score gives us 1890 total which gives us 18.5/24
My best 8 GCSEs were Double Science (A*A*), Maths (A*), English Language (A*), English Literature (A*), French (A*), German (A*), Art (A*), giving me 24/24
24 + 18.5 = 42.5/48

I think our scores are different since we probably have a different set of best 8 GCSEs. Also, I don't think Leicester award 0.9 of a score its either (X).0 or (X).5

PM me if you're still confused

Ohh I see, that makes so much sense! sorry about the confusion :smile: are you sure? Because I've been reading stuff on tsr and there are people with scores with 0.1 or more. Anyway, lol your score is quite competitive so you'd be guaranteed an interview
Original post by ib_hopeful
Is it a nice university?
It is an amazing university in an even better city. I've been here 3 years and and reluctant to leave.
Original post by Pawini
When i rang up admissions they said their cut off would be between 1770 and 1870 for this year subject to change. You have full points for GCSE's good predictions and a suitable UKCAT with a strong personal statement you'd have a good chance of interview.

I'm applying too with GCSE's: 4A*7A
Predicted A*A*A*A*
UKCAT: not done yet

Thanks,
Good Luck with the UKCAT!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Batool1997
Ohh I see, that makes so much sense! sorry about the confusion :smile: are you sure? Because I've been reading stuff on tsr and there are people with scores with 0.1 or more. Anyway, lol your score is quite competitive so you'd be guaranteed an interview

Thanks but nothing is ever guaranteed :biggrin:

I'm quite sure - I called the uni to check whether the offer 0.1 or 0.9 etc, and they said its only 0.0 or 0.5.

What's your final score? and what other unis are you applying to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending