The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I apologise if this question is frustrating or has been answered in previous posts but I am having trouble to find the application link for Morgan Stanley's spring week. I have tried everything logical, or at least how i know how. Does anyone have the direct link to this? Thank you.
Reply 1101
Just read all 1105 posts, I gotta put that on my IB CV...
Oh an also, I feel ur pain prince.
Anyway, I'm new on tsr, currently pursuing a bachelor in economics at a target in Belgium, I'm in my first year and the ba takes 3 years so like most of u, I'm applying to SW's.
Do you guys know whether banks save some spots for Eu/non-UK students like myself ?
And is there anyone else studying outside of the UK here ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fastum
Anyway, I'm new on tsr, currently pursuing a bachelor in economics at a target in Belgium, I'm in my first year and the ba takes 3 years so like most of u, I'm applying to SW's.
Do you guys know whether banks save some spots for Eu/non-UK students like myself ?

Hey yeah I'm from South Africa but studying in the UK, and applying as well :smile:
Does anybody know of CITI or BARCAP spring weeks yet?

Plus how many have you guys applied so far?

Cover letter - are you guys putting yours and the banks address on it and starting like My name is bob smith I am x student at y university in my z year.

finally are you saying

enclosure: CV/resume
Original post by nottheone18
I thought it was more common to do economics for ibd

you'd be right

Original post by blessed107
Hi guys i am very new to this!! I am about to start my science degree at durham. And i wanted to pursue a career in banking. And i just dunno where to start. Can anyone tell me how to application works ? When i should start applying? Do i havea good chance? And what i could do to make my application better? Extra curriculum? Any other tips? Really anything would help? How hard is it to secure a place? Wherr could i apply to get placements next summer

Spring week programmes
Original post by gr8wizard10
you'd be right

Spring week programmes

Lol you give the most concise answers
Original post by Fastum

Mate, I would send you a medal just for not being lazy. Thank you.

Yeah they hire an ample mix of both + non-EU too.

There are a few others on this thread, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bobb99998
Does anybody know of CITI or BARCAP spring weeks yet?

Plus how many have you guys applied so far?

Cover letter - are you guys putting yours and the banks address on it and starting like My name is bob smith I am x student at y university in my z year.

finally are you saying

enclosure: CV/resume

going to send off all my apps off by the end of october - most of them are already prepped and just need to do the online form and writing a news aritcle

NGL warwick freshers is jokes but having 2 weeks in october means early applications are pointless espically when you would have to do tests during freshers - would ideally want all apps to be sent off by october start... but hey ho
Reply 1108
Thought I'd join in this thread after lurking for a while:wink:. LSE freshers isn't too mental so had some time to do some research lol. Still haven't started my basic cover letter yet ffs, have the same feeling as when I delayed starting my personal statement.
That being said I think I'm going to wait till I have some sort of role in a finance related or other society to beef up my CV before starting applications. Looking to get them off late October
Original post by Princepieman
Mate, I would send you a medal just for not being lazy. Thank you.

Yeah they hire an ample mix of both + non-EU too.

There are a few others on this thread, yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey prince,

If a bank doesn't ask for a cover letter (so they have questions instead), do I still need to include one with the CV? I think someone upthread said yes but will I be disadvantaged if I don't?
Original post by Shumaya
Hey prince,

If a bank doesn't ask for a cover letter (so they have questions instead), do I still need to include one with the CV? I think someone upthread said yes but will I be disadvantaged if I don't?

Don't include a Cover Letter unless they ask you to. There is no disadvantage since most IBs won't even bother reading your Cover Letter since they don't like extra work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by therealdeal580
Don't include a Cover Letter unless they ask you to. There is no disadvantage since most IBs won't even bother reading your Cover Letter since they don't like extra work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

this^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey bro i know i asked this before but is economics a target degree if its not at a target uni?
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Hey bro i know i asked this before but is economics a target degree if its not at a target uni?

target degrees aren't a thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ladbants
If you're in the first year of a four year degree then you need to apply next year. So you have plenty of time.

If you have no idea what the divisions are, you definitely need to do a lot more research on banking. If you don't know what a banker does, why do you want to become a banker? It's like saying you want to become a doctor without knowing what a doctor does. And yes, of course you need a CV! Not just for banking but for pretty much any job.

I'm genuinely amazed at the guy's questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sugar & spice
Hey! I apologise if this question is frustrating or has been answered in previous posts but I am having trouble to find the application link for Morgan Stanley's spring week. I have tried everything logical, or at least how i know how. Does anyone have the direct link to this? Thank you.

scroll back through the thread, I posted a link.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1116
Did a 20min f2f interview in the morning with ICAP HR. Got an e-mail yesterday to schedule the interview time and HR said she would be interviewing ppl for the next few weeks lol
:afraid:
How important are cover letters and the capability questions for the application, do recruiters actually read them properly? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1119
Quick question. Does anyone know when the banks will reveal the actual dates of the spring week programs? If they have already stated it, does anyone know where I can find it? I'm having trouble finding the dates of the actual programs, I'm trying to look for clashes. Thanks*

Latest