The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6680
Original post by Lostperson
cant anyone give me the keyboard shortcuts please:smile:??

Returning the favour :smile:

http://help.medify.co.uk/knowledge_base/topics/ukcat-keyboard-shortcuts
Original post by ellen111
vr is genuinely giving me nightmares!! i can't even do the supposedly easier questions on medify..... can someone please give me some advice?

always read the question first and then skim the passage. If a text is over whelming you with its length and content as you look at it, guess and flag all of its questions. This also goes to say do not spend too long on a question, just guess flag and keep going:smile:
Anyone got any advice for the night before/test day?
Original post by Pawini

Do not spend all day doing lots of mocks and questions, its important to be relaxed and calm before the test. Have a nice dinner and do something you find fun or enjoyable in the evening, and get plenty of sleep! Have a good, filling breakfast and lunch if it is in the afternoon and make sure you have your ID and everything you need laid out the night before. Deep breaths, positive thinking and assuring yourself you CAN do it is essential before going in:smile:
Original post by Pawini

Night before try and relax and don't do too many questions! On the test day try and stay calm although I did try and I was still shaking during VR but after that I did calm down once that was done with! Definitely just breathe deeply a few times before you press start exam 😂 also in DM write down formulas for QR and any AR patterns you need to remember etc. Use DM to calm down though like don't spend the whole 30 minutes but a good 5 mins! Try not to let negativity get to you either like after VR I was like I know I've done bad in that but I now need to boost my score with QR and AR so it motivated me really! Also try and stay focused for SJT even though I did find it hard to do that as I was so exhausted by the end lol 😂 also try not to doubt your answers for SJT, I only went through the whole thing once as I knew if I went back I would change stuff that didn't need to be changed! Best of luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by d010534
Thank you so much!!
Could you perhaps advise me regarding the scoring process for Plymouth?? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet tbh...
As for HYMS, I can't seem to find their scoring process for 2016 so I can't calculate my score for this year, but for 2015, I would have gotten 32/40 for GCSEs so I really don't know
I don't know about Nottingham either now... My GCSE score is ****... I'm so annoyed at myself tbh
I was going to apply for UEA but then I'm saving that for if I don't get in this year, I can reapply next year bc you can't apply twice to them. They also don't look at SJT so my Band 1 won't be of any benefit to me if I apply there...
I don't know my predictions yet. What's annoying though, is that my chem teacher looks like he won't give me an A* prediction even though I was well into an A at AS (eighteen marks in for God's sake). I hope he's just joking around though.
Exeter I probably won't apply to because of the competition tbh... my GCSEs are ****, and they probably don't look at ASs and my UKCAT isn't good enough to make up for anything. I also don't have enough work experience for Exeter and I'm not a rounded person... so I won't be applying there probs

Leicester and SGUL are my two almost set in stone options!! Let's hope we both get into SGUL xx

Hey sorry i've taken so long to get back i had some awful news on friday that was all! I believe for plymouth you have to meet their min academics and their ukcat cut off and you get invited to interview! I would have gotten 37/40 for HYMS like you said but yeah i have no idea for 2017 tbh, i'm gonna ring up all my uni's tomorrow as i keep putting it off but tomorrow is the day lol! omg i was worried like you as i got 20 marks over an A so very similiar to you and the first test back at college was going towards our prediction so i told my teacher about my ukcat and he said he has seen enough evidence to predict me an A star, so fingers crossed for both of us!!! how much work experience do exeter want i wasn't even aware of that? I am sure you are a rounded person don't put yourself down and yes hopefully SGUL is fine for us! x

exam tomo... sooooo scared!!!!
thanks xx

so for the number keypad to work, i just press numlock?
thanks xx

Yeah, just press numlock and you're ready to go! Mine's tomorrow too! I'm freaking out so much right now!!!
Reply 6688
thanks xx

Likewise!

Yeah, i hope so. I just hope I can manage to get some ear plugs during teh test and people clicking and typing drives me nuts!
Original post by masterscientist2
Yeah, just press numlock and you're ready to go! Mine's tomorrow too! I'm freaking out so much right now!!!

how are u doing in the mocks...
i got an avg of 640 in all media mocks

lol..
what time is yours?
Original post by kalp
Likewise!

Yeah, i hope so. I just hope I can manage to get some ear plugs during teh test and people clicking and typing drives me nuts!

i got some last time!
how have u been doing in the mocks?
Original post by MF12345
Do not spend all day doing lots of mocks and questions, its important to be relaxed and calm before the test. Have a nice dinner and do something you find fun or enjoyable in the evening, and get plenty of sleep! Have a good, filling breakfast and lunch if it is in the afternoon and make sure you have your ID and everything you need laid out the night before. Deep breaths, positive thinking and assuring yourself you CAN do it is essential before going in:smile:

Original post by michaela__
Night before try and relax and don't do too many questions! On the test day try and stay calm although I did try and I was still shaking during VR but after that I did calm down once that was done with! Definitely just breathe deeply a few times before you press start exam 😂 also in DM write down formulas for QR and any AR patterns you need to remember etc. Use DM to calm down though like don't spend the whole 30 minutes but a good 5 mins! Try not to let negativity get to you either like after VR I was like I know I've done bad in that but I now need to boost my score with QR and AR so it motivated me really! Also try and stay focused for SJT even though I did find it hard to do that as I was so exhausted by the end lol 😂 also try not to doubt your answers for SJT, I only went through the whole thing once as I knew if I went back I would change stuff that didn't need to be changed! Best of luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you guys! got so much energy I just don't know what to do with it all but ill try to relax.
Original post by Pawini
Thank you guys! got so much energy I just don't know what to do with it all but ill try to relax.

No problem, best of luck :smile:
how are u doing in the mocks...
i got an avg of 640 in all media mocks

lol..
what time is yours?

Mine's at 1.00. I've been averaging 670 in my Medify ones but lower in the official ones which is a let down. AR on official ones to me is much more difficult than the medify ones. I'm just gonna hope for the best and get it over and done with.

Good luck to all those yet to take it!!!
Reply 6694
i got some last time!
how have u been doing in the mocks?

Oh cool brilliant!

Been doing okay, took a week off work to do UKCAT prep.
I'm a GEM applicant - averaging around 600-650s on medify. Idk how to calculate the official ukcat practice tests but not doing too bad overall - Gonna do one after dinner and call it a day.

I feel drained right now but hopefully be hyped tomorrow!

Good luck
Original post by kalp
Oh cool brilliant!

I'm a GEM applicant - averaging around 600-650s on medify. Idk how to calculate the official ukcat practice tests but not doing too bad overall - Gonna do one after dinner and call it a day.

Good luck

I'm also a GEM applicant - so extra pressure! My test is on Tuesday. Best of luck for tomorrow.
Original post by kalp
Oh cool brilliant!

Good luck

im a GEM applicant too x
Reply 6697
Original post by ThrowawayMike
Good luck! (I'm a GEM applicant too.)

Original post by ASupertramp
I'm also a GEM applicant - so extra pressure! My test is on Tuesday. Best of luck for tomorrow.

im a GEM applicant too x

Best of luck to you all too! :smile:
Original post by kalp
Oh cool brilliant!

Good luck

I'm also a GEM applicant, feeling extremely nervous and anxious about tomorrow but hopefully we all do really well!!
What are the main topics that come up in QR? (sorry if this was asked before) And are they simple to understand and work out? Please :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending