The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L1234567
What are the main topics that come up in QR? (sorry if this was asked before) And are they simple to understand and work out? Please :redface:

subtraction/division/ addition/multiplaction
percentages
ratios
areas
volumes
distance speed time
pie chart stuff

xx
maybe more but thats all I've looked at
Urghh!! i'm panicking sooo much my exam is on tuesday and i've been doing terrible in my mocks!!!medify mock 1
VR - 550 QR- 570 AR - 750
mock 2
VR - 530 QR - 550 AR-650
mock 3
VR - 550 QR- 600 AR - 630

in the medify practice timed i was getting 720 approx (this as one the questions i had already seen before)

what can i do to improve my score?????
I dont have much time
Original post by mm_7
Urghh!! i'm panicking sooo much my exam is on tuesday and i've been doing terrible in my mocks!!!medify mock 1
mock 2
VR - 530 QR - 550 AR-650
mock 3

in the medify practice timed i was getting 720 approx (this as one the questions i had already seen before)

I dont have much time

when is ur exam ?x
Original post by mm_7
mock 2
VR - 530 QR - 550 AR-650
mock 3

I dont have much time

Have you done the ukcat website mocks? I found them A bit easier than medify

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mm_7
mock 2
VR - 530 QR - 550 AR-650
mock 3

I dont have much time

No point in panicking. Spend tomorrow working on your weakest areas and go into Tuesday knowing you can smash it.
Worry breeds worry.
Original post by Lostperson
when is ur exam ?x

Tuesday :frown:
Original post by mm_7

I see...
okay firstly calm down...
What is your technique for VR AND QR so far?
AR seems fine to me
Original post by ASupertramp
No point in panicking. Spend tomorrow working on your weakest areas and go into Tuesday knowing you can smash it.
Worry breeds worry.

i just don't know how to answer Verbal at all and im QR i flag and move on but then i don't realise how many ive flagged and when i see how much time i have left, its only like 4 mins :frown:
Original post by ASupertramp
Worry breeds worry.

yeh,, i second this.

also medify scores do not mean much.
I see...
okay firstly calm down...
What is your technique for VR AND QR so far?
AR seems fine to me

VR : flag the long passages and do the easier t/f/ct ones first.. the thing is that even the ones that i find 'easy' i lose marks on aswell.. i end up having to skip like 3-4 passages and end up guessing them

QR : do the easy questions like % change and averages first and then do the longer questions.. sometimes i'll do a question and then my answer won't match the options... and also i just dont get the Q sometimes like i dont get what its asking me :frown:
Original post by mm_7
VR : flag the long passages and do the easier t/f/ct ones first.. the thing is that even the ones that i find 'easy' i lose marks on aswell.. i end up having to skip like 3-4 passages and end up guessing them

QR : do the easy questions like % change and averages first and then do the longer questions.. sometimes i'll do a question and then my answer won't match the options... and also i just dont get the Q sometimes like i dont get what its asking me :frown:

VR: i have been getting about 650 in mocks.. and i read it well and then answer it. I skip any texts that i find very confusing!!! guess and flag.

QR/ meh I've been getting 600 in mocks...so not much advice I can give you? I do all the easy ones.. i have a big issue reading stuff of confusing graphs.

what i would say though is the mocks mean nothing....
so do not freak out over them. LOT of people have been saying that the actual exam in easier than MOCKS in terms of QR anyway x
VR: i have been getting about 650 in mocks.. and i read it well and then answer it. I skip any texts that i find very confusing!!! guess and flag.

QR/ meh I've been getting 600 in mocks...so not much advice I can give you? I do all the easy ones.. i have a big issue reading stuff of confusing graphs.

what i would say though is the mocks mean nothing....
so do not freak out over them. LOT of people have been saying that the actual exam in easier than MOCKS in terms of QR anyway x

yeahh ...
ive just like lost confidence in myself sorta because in the medify timed practice i'd score really well but these mocks just caused my confidence to drop big time !!
Original post by mm_7
yeahh ...
ive just like lost confidence in myself sorta because in the medify timed practice i'd score really well but these mocks just caused my confidence to drop big time !!

yeh i know what u mean but don't take the scores seriously.
Original post by ThrowawayMike
I'm hoping that a long sleep will lead to my practice actually producing 700s. Hopefully we'll both have better news for the thread tomorrow. Best of luck!

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThrowawayMike
I'm hoping that a long sleep will lead to my practice actually producing 700s. Hopefully we'll both have better news for the thread tomorrow. Best of luck!

Thanks! You too!!
Original post by michaela__
Mate I don't even do Tudors lmao 😂😂😂 thanks though you never know :wink: I think I'm going to try and find a tutor out of my work money oh dear 😭 desperate for that A though as I don't wanna resit. What if in year 14 I did history and psychology and I got a B in history and an A in psychology, reckon they'd let me in or not 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Before getting a tutor, ask your teachers for a deeper explanation in a certain topic, and be like....can i come and see you at lunchtime or after school. See if that helps as it helped me!
Im afraid you are stuck with history i reckon, no way out of it :frown: Don't have any regrets just focus on task ahead!
What is the official calculator like? can i use my keypad and can i move it about and view the text?!
Original post by mm_7

Where a bouts??
Original post by YouHaveProblems
Where a bouts??

Canterbury
Original post by Mathsmad123
Before getting a tutor, ask your teachers for a deeper explanation in a certain topic, and be like....can i come and see you at lunchtime or after school. See if that helps as it helped me!
Im afraid you are stuck with history i reckon, no way out of it :frown: Don't have any regrets just focus on task ahead!

So annoying, I'll try my best to get it sorted though as I couldn't think of anything worse than having to do an extra year of history 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply