The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spotify95
X
Damn you spots! Perplexing was going to run out of posts at 99 under the ten post rule. And as nobody else's been around for a while, I was going to comfortably take the 100!
Original post by Impressive
Hi Impressive, could we have a quick edit here please? Thanks a million:biggrin:
Original post by PerplexingGeode
EVERYONE, IGNORE THE POST ABOVE.

COUNT OVER IT, IT WILL BE REMOVED.

THANKS.
Thanks Perplexing, this message can now be removed as the post has now been deleted.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
112301Damn you spots! Perplexing was going to run out of posts at 99 under the ten post rule. And as nobody else's been around for a while, I was going to comfortably take the 100!

I didn't realize that Perplexing was about to run out of posts!

Yes, I certainly do :wink:There are two different ways of determining battery capacity:1) Install the Battery Meter desktop gadget (requires Windows 7 or the 8GadgetPack for Windows 8/8.1/10) - from the gadget it will inform you of the battery capacity.2) Open up an Administrative Command Prompt (start - search - cmd - right click - run as administrator). When the admin command prompt is open, type:tongue:owercfg -energy -output %userprofile%\desktop\energy-report.htmlOnce this has completed, it will create a file called "energy-report.html" on your Desktop. Open the file and scroll down to the Battery Information section.It will show two numbers: Design Capacity (capacity of battery when new) and Last Full Charge (capacity of battery when last fully charged).E.g:biggrin:esign Capacity 73260Last Full Charge 72450Divide "Last Full Charge" by "Design Capacity" and then multiply the result by 100. This will give a percentage of how much capacity your battery has left (compared to when it was new). If this percentage is less than 40% you will need to replace your battery.Yep, you're right, HP laptops are usually fine in regards to heat issues - why Acer created a whole series of overheating laptops, I will never know...

Thank you for the information regarding the Battery Meter laptop gadget, I recall us having discussed the 8/8.1 versions prior to this conversation. :smile: Could you message me, as part of the typed commands have been swallowed up by emoticons. :biggrin: I can assume what the code would be, however - I need to be accurate! Does the Windows notification regarding the battery capacity, actually appear on Windows 8/8.1?

Indeed, it perplexes me as to why Acer would not resolve the issue before creating newer models of laptops.

:moon:

Original post by 04MR17

Thanks for the tags. :smile: I see that the aforementioned post has been removed. :smile:

112311:smile:
Thanks for the tags. I see that the aforementioned post has been removed.
Yep just another hooligan posting 1000000. Lucky it was only me and Perplexing on, but we sorted it between us: very much joint effort. Post has now been removed so we're back to one number ahead of post no.
Original post by PerplexingGeode
Thank you for the information regarding the Battery Meter laptop gadget, I recall us having discussed the 8/8.1 versions prior to this conversation. :smile: Could you message me, as part of the typed commands have been swallowed up by emoticons. :biggrin: I can assume what the code would be, however - I need to be accurate! Does the Windows notification regarding the battery capacity, actually appear on Windows 8/8.1?

Indeed, it perplexes me as to why Acer would not resolve the issue before creating newer models of laptops.

No worries :smile: Yep, we did discuss it, and Microsoft removed the Gadgets facility for Windows 8/8.1/10, but of course they can be easily restored. :smile:

I've checked my post and the command appears ok if you don't quote it, but if you do quote it, then the spacing seems to mess everything up (nevertheless, I have emailed you).I don't actually know, as I don't have an old battery (nor a Windows 8.1 install) to test, but I cam assume that the warnings would eventually appear. :smile:

I don't know why the whole 57xx series of laptops had the same issue - they should have waited, found out the issue, and then rectified it for the later 57xx models, rather than have a whole line up of laptops with a fundamental design flaw.

Original post by 04MR17
112311:smile:Yep just another hooligan posting 1000000. Lucky it was only me and Perplexing on, but we sorted it between us: very much joint effort. Post has now been removed so we're back to one number ahead of post no.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. Its not the first time we have had these issues, nor will it be the last...

There are usually two options: either rule 16b and continue, or jump over, report, have it deleted, and continue :smile: If there's a lot of users posting at once, the former would be best; if, like today, only a couple of people were posting, the latter is best :smile:

Original post by Matrix123
Hi Spotify, I hope your weekend has been good so far :smile:

Indeed, okey dokey.

Hey Matrix! :hugs: Thanks for keeping in contact with me :smile:
Yep, it has been good! Yesterday wasn't great, since the weather was poor in the afternoon, but today was great, enjoyed the day :smile:

Tomorrow I've got to post a parcel, make a few ebay listings etc :smile:

100 post stats

mr T 999 - 8

PerplexingGeode - 5

Arbuthnot - 3

Pinkteddyx64 - 3

04MR17 - 2

Eternaforest - 1

Spotify95 - 1
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey Matrix! :hugs: Thanks for keeping in contact with me :smile:
Yep, it has been good! Yesterday wasn't great, since the weather was poor in the afternoon, but today was great, enjoyed the day :smile:

Tomorrow I've got to post a parcel, make a few ebay listings etc :smile:

Aw no worries! :hugs:
Glad to hear it :smile: ahh yes, the weather was quite bad yesterday.

Ooh cool :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mr T 999

100 post stats
PerplexingGeod - 5
Hate to break it to you but there's an e on the end:wink:
No worries :smile: Yep, we did discuss it, and Microsoft removed the Gadgets facility for Windows 8/8.1/10, but of course they can be easily restored. :smile:

I've checked my post and the command appears ok if you don't quote it, but if you do quote it, then the spacing seems to mess everything up (nevertheless, I have emailed you).I don't actually know, as I don't have an old battery (nor a Windows 8.1 install) to test, but I cam assume that the warnings would eventually appear. :smile:

I don't know why the whole 57xx series of laptops had the same issue - they should have waited, found out the issue, and then rectified it for the later 57xx models, rather than have a whole line up of laptops with a fundamental design flaw.

Awesome, I can recall the gadgets from having used Windows 7, they were rather useful!

Ah okay, thank you for informing me - I am perplexed as to why it would change under quoting it? Thank you for the email, I have followed the instructions!

I concur wholeheartedly; I certainly will not be purchasing an Acer laptop in the future. :P

Latest