The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aky786UK
With City dropping points, it crystallised our draw today. Ibrahimovic took casual with his chance, Pogba probably the same with his chances. But our play was positive and lot better than Leicester but still I'd say we are still not fluent and that's probably due to the midfield balance not there. Early days but October will define how our season objectives will ponder out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As poor as you've been this season, you're still well up there so there really isn't anything to worry about.

Beat us at Anfield and you'll be level with us at 16 points after 8 games. That's 2 PPG which is really the aim when you're going after top 4.

I know you may have title aspirations but I don't think you'll quite make it this year. Plenty of time to go for that to change though...
These games are crying out for Carrick yet he persists with Fellaini. Eventually goes to a 3 in midfield but still poor team selections.
Reply 3842
Jose Memerinho is just the gift that keeps on giving. Anyone have serious estimates on how long he'll last before you sack him? 2-3 years?
Original post by mhsc
Jose Memerinho is just the gift that keeps on giving. Anyone have serious estimates on how long he'll last before you sack him? 2-3 years?

He will get sacked at the end of this season if we do not achieve champions league football for next season at the very least.
What is happening though, we are 6th place and we still have yet to play: Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, and Everton. I really fear where our season is going.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
What is happening though, we are 6th place and we still have yet to play: Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, and Everton. I really fear where our season is going.

Who says you aren't like us who win against big teams and mess up against lesser sides?

We've beaten Chelsea and Arsenal, but lost to Burnley...
Original post by Lúcio
Who says you aren't like us who win against big teams and mess up against lesser sides?

We've beaten Chelsea and Arsenal, but lost to Burnley...

I hope so, but if our performance in the derby is anything to go off, that is not the case. :frown:
I hope so, but if our performance in the derby is anything to go off, that is not the case. :frown:

All signs point to us tearing you apart, so naturally that won't happen.

At Anfield with the form we're in, I'd put us as slight favourites. We're terrible in games we're expected to win...

Even better, we haven't lost in the league at home since January and guess who that was against? :colonhash:
Original post by Lúcio
All signs point to us tearing you apart, so naturally that won't happen.

At Anfield with the form we're in, I'd put us as slight favourites. We're terrible in games we're expected to win...

Even better, we haven't lost in the league at home since January and guess who that was against? :colonhash:

I would put you more than slight favourites, we have just drawn against a team who has been thumped by every other team they have played this season. Not only that put the dark cloud of negativity and hopelessness which loomed over Old Trafford in the Moyes and LVG era seems to be making a return. I honestly have no confidence in United at the minute and I just hope we don't get turned over by you.
idk if it was different to watch live, but I was actually happy with the performance watching on MotD. On another day, it could easily have been 6-0. Under LvG etc, finishing wasn't the problem, creating chances was, so this is a refreshing change. Finishing will come and go, but this kind of performance is good. I also thought Pogba was really good today - several incisive passes. Finishing not up to much but that's easier to fix.
Original post by mhsc

Awful attempt to be funny, truly terrible.

Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
idk if it was different to watch live, but I was actually happy with the performance watching on MotD. On another day, it could easily have been 6-0. Under LvG etc, finishing wasn't the problem, creating chances was, so this is a refreshing change. Finishing will come and go, but this kind of performance is good. I also thought Pogba was really good today - several incisive passes. Finishing not up to much but that's easier to fix.

Pogba was pretty bad if you ask me, and I like him.
I would put you more than slight favourites, we have just drawn against a team who has been thumped by every other team they have played this season. Not only that put the dark cloud of negativity and hopelessness which loomed over Old Trafford in the Moyes and LVG era seems to be making a return. I honestly have no confidence in United at the minute and I just hope we don't get turned over by you.

Not how things work though - we lost to Burnley yet somehow beat Chelsea and Arsenal away. It's all about how things are on the day and with a heated rivalry like this, form goes completely out the window.

Although my favourite stat this season is that Jamés Milinho has the same amount of goals as Zlatan :wink:
liverpool will eat mourinho alive, 4 - 0 is my prediction.
Original post by Lúcio
Not how things work though - we lost to Burnley yet somehow beat Chelsea and Arsenal away. It's all about how things are on the day and with a heated rivalry like this, form goes completely out the window.

Although my favourite stat this season is that Jamés Milinho has the same amount of goals as Zlatan :wink:

Nah you will win, your pressing game and the atmosphere because you are at home will be to much.
Nah you will win, your pressing game and the atmosphere because you are at home will be to much.

We both know what happens in these games.

We're in terrific form, you're playing poor football...but then Mata scores his customary worldie and DDG turns in to The Flash and makes it impossible to score.

Every time... :colonhash:
LVG had three more points last year then Jose has this year :tongue:

People will inevitably point to that stat and laugh but they forget that early on last season we were first and LVG was doing well...then the Arsenal away game came :colone:

I don't even know what our best team is, i'd like us to go 442 against "lower" quality teams with De Gea Valencia Bailey Smalling Blind - Herrera Pogba CM - Martial LW - Mata /Mickey/Lingaard RW - Ibra and Rashford CF....
Original post by Lúcio
We both know what happens in these games.

We're in terrific form, you're playing poor football...but then Mata scores his customary worldie and DDG turns in to The Flash and makes it impossible to score.

Every time... :colonhash:

Our luck will run out this time
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
LVG had three more points last year then Jose has this year :tongue:

People will inevitably point to that stat and laugh but they forget that early on last season we were first and LVG was doing well...then the Arsenal away game came :colone:

I don't even know what our best team is, i'd like us to go 442 against "lower" quality teams with De Gea Valencia Bailey Smalling Blind - Herrera Pogba CM - Martial LW - Mata /Mickey/Lingaard RW - Ibra and Rashford CF....

I agree, why does know one play with 2 strikers anymore?
I agree, why does know one play with 2 strikers anymore?

Leicester getting spanked at Anfield and Old Trafford is the reason why, you need the right players for it.
If José bottles top 4 would United fans want him out? Surely the board would have to give him the boot if they got rid of Moyes and Van Gaal for the same thing.

Latest