The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by intheglacier
Anyone intending to apply for medical bioscience?

Hi i am! What are your grades like and what are your other options?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 161
Anyone applying for Biochemistry?
Reply 162
State your:
-intended subject
Wanna study maths :smile:

-GCSE/IGCSE grades
Havent done any- only came to the uk a year ago and started alevels right up but i have ielts 8.5

-AS-level(predicted/actual)
Got 4As for maths/fmaths/chem/economics
And overall 99%for the 6 maths modules

-A-level(predicted/actual)
Got predicted 4A*s and A*for epq

-Extracurriculars
Well grade 8 flute, taekwondo black belt✌️️ And what else... like school club leader?

And if there are any maths applicants how are you preparing for mat? I always get a few marks off from the successful applicants boundaryyyy. And theres no interview right?? Im so nervousss💩💩
Original post by 17lina
State your:
-intended subject
Wanna study maths :smile:

-GCSE/IGCSE grades
Havent done any- only came to the uk a year ago and started alevels right up but i have ielts 8.5

-AS-level(predicted/actual)
Got 4As for maths/fmaths/chem/economics
And overall 99%for the 6 maths modules

-A-level(predicted/actual)
Got predicted 4A*s and A*for epq

-Extracurriculars
Well grade 8 flute, taekwondo black belt✌️️ And what else... like school club leader?

And if there are any maths applicants how are you preparing for mat? I always get a few marks off from the successful applicants boundaryyyy. And theres no interview right?? Im so nervousss💩💩

you know the boundary which I think you are looking at is based of oxford applicants, right? if you are just under the boundary then thats probably what you need for imperial
Reply 164
Original post by KloppOClock
you know the boundary which I think you are looking at is based of oxford applicants, right? if you are just under the boundary then thats probably what you need for imperial

Is it...?? Im not sure but i hope so xxx really want to get in oxford/imperial any two of the unis
Many of my friends including myself want to apply to UCL but we don't think we would get into UCL because of our GCSE grades. I mean they werent low low but we got some A* 's , A's and B's . Do you think it's worth applying with those GCSE grades ? However we are all ambitious and we want to achieve 4 A's at AS / at the end of year 12.
Intended Subject: Mechanical Engineering
IGCSE grades: 4 A* 2 A
AS level grades: AABC (Both A's in chem and math. B in physics. C in Biology)
A level grades: A*AAA (A* in Math)
Extra Curricular: Various Clubs related to environment. Prefect at school. Involved in organizing various events.

I am an international student. Im from asia, our school doesnt offer too many Activities remotely related to engineering. Is there a chance i can get an offer?
Original post by nisha.sri
Many of my friends including myself want to apply to UCL but we don't think we would get into UCL because of our GCSE grades. I mean they werent low low but we got some A* 's , A's and B's . Do you think it's worth applying with those GCSE grades ? However we are all ambitious and we want to achieve 4 A's at AS / at the end of year 12.

AS-level grades matter much more than GCSE results do.
Just do well on you AS-level exam, I can guarantee that you will be accepted. I know a lot of people that have gone to UCL with mediocre GCSE grades and great AS-level grades(reaching the minimum requirements).
Original post by KingYusHalo
AS-level grades matter much more than GCSE results do.
Just do well on you AS-level exam, I can guarantee that you will be accepted. I know a lot of people that have gone to UCL with mediocre GCSE grades and great AS-level grades(reaching the minimum requirements).

Aw ok thank you :h:
Reply 169
Hi guys im hoping to apply to maths but not sure what course to put down G100 or G103. I wnna do a masters after so which one do i pick. G100 is only 3 years but the other is 4 year.
How likely for an offer; 5A*3A3B GCSE A*AAA at as (maths as and a2 in year 1) and FM predicted A* and A in physics, not sure of anyone in my school who got predicted an a* in physics so yeah chances? Also state school underperforming at GCSE and I think college is also underperforming, thanks
Original post by 11234
Hi guys im hoping to apply to maths but not sure what course to put down G100 or G103. I wnna do a masters after so which one do i pick. G100 is only 3 years but the other is 4 year.

G103 is the MSci and G100 is the BSc. So you can do the four year MSci or the three year BSc and then do an MSc/MMath.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Reply 172
Original post by TH3-FL45H
G103 is the MSci and G100 is the BSc. So you can do the four year MSci or the three year BSc and then do an MSc/MMath.

so they're essentially the same if i wanna go for a masters
Original post by 11234
so they're essentially the same if i wanna go for a masters

It would take the same amount of time (a masters is 1 year I think) but I assume you'd have to apply for a masters again after you've done the BSc (and need a 2:1). You could go to a different university for this as well if you want to.

Don't know whether and MSc/MMath is better than an MSci or not

Reply 174
Original post by TH3-FL45H
It would take the same amount of time (a masters is 1 year I think) but I assume you'd have to apply for a masters again after you've done the BSc (and need a 2:1). You could go to a different university for this as well if you want to.

Don't know whether and MSc/MMath is better than an MSci or not

Would I still be competibg for the same places for g100 or just those for g103
Original post by 11234
Would I still be competibg for the same places for g100 or just those for g103

Not sure tbh

Reply 176
hyee guysss:smile:

i am an international student.
i want to read mechanical engineering.
am i going to be interviewed?

thank you:biggrin:
Intended Subject: Medicine
GCSE grades: 5A*(1D*), 4A and 2B's
AS level grades: Not taken yet currently in year 12 but aiming for 4 A's(:colondollar:)
Extra Curricular: Prefect,reading mentor and peer mentor at school. I am going to do 1 week work experience at a pharmacy and shadow at a hospital during my holidays. I also did NCS:smile:
Original post by starstudent7
Intended Subject: Medicine
GCSE grades: 5A*(1D*), 4A and 2B's
AS level grades: Not taken yet currently in year 12 but aiming for 4 A's(:colondollar:)
Extra Curricular: Prefect,reading mentor and peer mentor at school. I am going to do 1 week work experience at a pharmacy and shadow at a hospital during my holidays. I also did NCS:smile:

So you're a 2018 applicant? XD
Original post by TiernanW
So you're a 2018 applicant? XD

Haha yes I am:colondollar: I didn't read the title of the post properly but I am thinking of applying there:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending