The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

what techniques should i be using when answering QR and VR???
In the real exam do you have to use ESC or is it like medify where you use the backspace button?????
Original post by mm_7
In the real exam do you have to use ESC or is it like medify where you use the backspace button?????

I used backspace in the real exam like medify!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh ok i was just wondering because on the ukcat practice exams they use ESC?
Original post by mm_7
ahh ok i was just wondering because on the ukcat practice exams they use ESC?

Yeah I know! It worried me too when I did their mocks but on the day backspace works fine! Good luck! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I know! It worried me too when I did their mocks but on the day backspace works fine! Good luck! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh okayy!! thanks!!
So annoying, I'll try my best to get it sorted though as I couldn't think of anything worse than having to do an extra year of history 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

No no, this time next year, you'd be at manchester uni ready for your PBL assignment in the morning......not writing essays about how some ship sank which killed the king so his son was the new king in like 1735!
Original post by Hamza_33
What is the official calculator like? can i use my keypad and can i move it about and view the text?!

Like the one on the official UKCAT website! Press ALT+C to quicktime open it up, and then use the keyboard to put numbers in. Simples as long as you ensure number lock is on which is shown by the green light on the keyboard next to where it says "num lock"
Original post by Mathsmad123
No no, this time next year, you'd be at manchester uni ready for your PBL assignment in the morning......not writing essays about how some ship sank which killed the king so his son was the new king in like 1735!

Aw bless you ❤️ I hope so anyway👻

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathsmad123
Like the one on the official UKCAT website! Press ALT+C to quicktime open it up, and then use the keyboard to put numbers in. Simples as long as you ensure number lock is on which is shown by the green light on the keyboard next to where it says "num lock"

Aw bless you ❤️ I hope so anyway👻

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey
Original post by Lostperson
subtraction/division/ addition/multiplaction
percentages
ratios
areas
volumes
distance speed time
pie chart stuff

xx
maybe more but thats all I've looked at

Thank you :smile:
Were the questions also easy to understand?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the back space used for ?*
Do you know when you click of the calculator or go to the next question, does the calculator appear in the same place each time or does it appear where you left it? I always have to move it out of the way on the UKCAT mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey guys can someone tell me Wat the minimum score was last yr to get an interview at Leicester? I used the calculator thing n it says our of 48 but then another thing says out of 68. Where does the other marks come from n do u think I Hav a chance with 42.5 (ukcat n grades combined only).
in the real thing do the qr questions have a lot of text ?? i flopped all 3 of the ukcat website qr sections and i noticed all these had a lot of data *:/
Reply 6735
The moment your medify expires =
Original post by MCMXCVIII
Do you know when you click of the calculator or go to the next question, does the calculator appear in the same place each time or does it appear where you left it? I always have to move it out of the way on the UKCAT mocks

Posted from TSR Mobile

It appears where you left it! I was scared about that too as it used to annoy me during mocks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellen111
in the real thing do the qr questions have a lot of text ?? i flopped all 3 of the ukcat website qr sections and i noticed all these had a lot of data *:/

Mine had much less data x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got mine this afternoon, due to your consistent visitation on this thread I figured you'd be the best person to ask this- what did you take to the exam? Better still what should i take? Pens? what form of identification etc? Thanks for your help in advance :smile:x
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PointDexter
Got mine this afternoon, due to your consistent visitation on this thread I figured you'd be the best person to ask this- what did you take to the exam? Better still what should i take? Pens? what form of identification etc? Thanks for your help in advance :smile:x

Check your email confirmation to see what to bring for the exam in terms of ID as if it's wrong then you can't sit the exam! So check you have the right ID and don't forget it!! You aren't allowed pens,water, or even a hoodie with you. So make sure you dress warm-ish! Basically just bring you and your ID! Make sure you drink a bit before hand and eat but not too much! Definitely go to the toilet before you start the test as that's one less thing to worry about 😂Any belongings you bring, you can put them into a locker there! Good luck!!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending