The Student Room Group

Travel costs for postgraduate DSA awards.

Hi :smile:

I'm a part time postgraduate and live 30 miles away from the uni, in addition, I am prohibited from using public transport to and from campus. Will the DSA assessor consider paying millage costs for organised car transport, or will the award only extend to taxis if public transport is not an option ?

Many thanks
Original post by Doriss
Hi :smile:

I'm a part time postgraduate and live 30 miles away from the uni, in addition, I am prohibited from using public transport to and from campus. Will the DSA assessor consider paying millage costs for organised car transport, or will the award only extend to taxis if public transport is not an option ?

Many thanks

They only normally cover taxis, if your disability affects your mobility or ability that use public transport,they won't cover other transport costs.
Original post by claireestelle
They only normally cover taxis, if your disability affects your mobility or ability that use public transport,they won't cover other transport costs.

But you have to pay the public transport costs and claim back the difference.
Reply 3
Thank you for the information: Just one further point, if the DSA assessor allows for taxi travel, which public transport costs - bus or train - do they use to evaluate the difference ?
Original post by Doriss
Thank you for the information: Just one further point, if the DSA assessor allows for taxi travel, which public transport costs - bus or train - do they use to evaluate the difference ?

I think it's whichever method you would take if you were able to? Like in my assessment they asked me what transport I'd usually get to uni, and I said the train from X to Y. They looked up the fare and made the taxi recommendation and calculated the cost I'd be reimbursed for like this:

Overall taxi fare cost - train fare cost = what I'd be reimbursed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest