Scroll to see replies

Predicted: A*A*A in GovPol, Comp Sci and Maths respectively
AS: AAB with the B in maths...

Hoping to apply to PPE at Hatfield
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Call me ignorant/stupid, but what exactly does PPE stand for? POlitics, philosophy/psychology and what?
Original post by dorababy1995
Call me ignorant/stupid, but what exactly does PPE stand for? POlitics, philosophy/psychology and what?

Politics, philosophy and economics.
Hi everyone, thought I would join the thread!

Applying to read English at Hatfield. Currently on a gap year.

IGCSEs: 7A*, 3A
IB: 43/45

Is anyone else applying for English?
Reply 64
Any other computer science applicants out there? :P
Original post by ziggyystardust
Hi everyone, thought I would join the thread!

Applying to read English at Hatfield. Currently on a gap year.

IGCSEs: 7A*, 3A
IB: 43/45

Is anyone else applying for English?

Me, obviously. :wink: Btw, I made a thread for us English applicants about a week ago.
Me, obviously. :wink: Btw, I made a thread for us English applicants about a week ago.

Haha :wink: oh for Durham English applicants specifically?
Original post by ziggyystardust
Haha :wink: oh for Durham English applicants specifically?

Yes. And I've contacted you elsewhere. :wink:
Applying to study Chemistry Msci (With a year in industry)

GCSE's: 6A* 3A 3B
AS: A in A2 Maths (but not cached in yet), A in AS Chemistry and B in AS Physics
Doing Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths at A2 with A*A*A*A predicted

Submittted my application on Thursday (to UCAS), waiting on Durham's acknowledgement email!

Would anyone suggest I did a subtitute personal statement for Durham in order to include more extra cirriculars? Most of my PS was subject based, with about 15% on extra cirriculars and how they link in with Chemistry. I know Durham wants more, but is it worth it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 69
GCSE: 12 A*s, A^ in Further Maths
AS: A (General Studies)
A2: A* (Maths)
Predicted A2: A*A*A*A* (Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics, General Studies) + EPQ
Course: MMath
College: Open Application :tongue:

Is anybody else applying for maths and doing the new admissions test? TMUA seems easy enough, just a time challenge, but I don't know whether to do MAT as well or not. Durham aren't very clear on their website about it and I'm not sure how sharing the results from MAT with Durham would work, and I don't know if there's any benefit to doing MAT as well as TMUA anyway...
Reply 70
Original post by 10LukeJ

Is anybody else applying for maths and doing the new admissions test? TMUA seems easy enough, just a time challenge, but I don't know whether to do MAT as well or not. Durham aren't very clear on their website about it and I'm not sure how sharing the results from MAT with Durham would work, and I don't know if there's any benefit to doing MAT as well as TMUA anyway...

I've registered to do TMUA and MAT, and will probably do 2 or 3 STEP exams, mainly because I enjoy doing that sort of thing and am applying to Imperial, Durham and Cambridge, so it can only help my chances! It doesn't seem that Durham recognise MAT in their offers but they do recognise STEP.
It's funny that my GCSEs are very bad and I resat year 12 and I've been told by my teacher I should apply for Maths at Durham.

I got a 98UMS average in A level Maths - to what extent does that help my situation?

I do Further Maths, Physics, Economics. and predicted/want to be predicted A*AA.
I want to do the AEA and TMUA
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by abiril
I've registered to do TMUA and MAT, and will probably do 2 or 3 STEP exams, mainly because I enjoy doing that sort of thing and am applying to Imperial, Durham and Cambridge, so it can only help my chances! It doesn't seem that Durham recognise MAT in their offers but they do recognise STEP.

Yeah I'll be doing the STEP papers this year too. Not looking forward to that haha, those will be some very stress-inducing papers for sure!
GCSE - A* 5A 4B 2C
I got AABB in following - Russian, Sociology, Business, Dutch
Am predicted A*AA
Applying for Business Management with a year in Industry. Did work experience at Astra Zeneca over the summer, hopefully that will stand out somehow lol.. Really do love Durham though... Hoping for the best
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi there, I'm applying for Japanese Studies at St Chad's. I got AAAA for AS and I'm predicted A*A*A* for A2 (bit lofty imo!). Nice to meet you all :smile:
Original post by Steliata
Hi there, I'm applying for Japanese Studies at St Chad's. I got AAAA for AS and I'm predicted A*A*A* for A2 (bit lofty imo!). Nice to meet you all :smile:

Hey, I think we know each other from elsewhere :smile: Just to let you know, we're applying to the same college, so if we don't get into our first choice :wink: , hopefully see you at St Chad's! :wink:

(although I'd be just as happy at Durham so I wouldn't say it's my second choice. It's joined first.)
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey, I think we know each other from elsewhere :smile: Just to let you know, we're applying to the same college, so if we don't get into our first choice :wink: , hopefully see you at St Chad's! :wink:

(although I'd be just as happy as Durham so I wouldn't say it's my second choice. It's joined first.)

Haha yeah we do :wink: that's cool that we applied to the same college! What made you choose St Chad's? :smile:
Haha yeah we do :wink: that's cool that we applied to the same college! What made you choose St Chad's? :smile:

Its location, the scholarships they offer and the lot! of good things I've heard about it! (plus I was allocated there when I first applied.)
Its location, the scholarships they offer and the lot! of good things I've heard about it! (plus I was allocated there when I first applied.)

Oh right! I loved the location and how you walk out the door and the Cathedral is right there. Plus for some reason I really liked that covered bit they have that's kind of inside and outside at the same time when I visited on the open day aha :ahee:
Oh right! I loved the location and how you walk out the door and the Cathedral is right there. Plus for some reason I really liked that covered bit they have that's kind of inside and outside at the same time when I visited on the open day aha :ahee:

Ermm... I meant to say I'd be just as happy at Durham.

Well, I don't know about aesthetics, but gooc luck to you too! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest