The Student Room Group

Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System

The Nintendo Classic Mini Nintendo Entertainment System is a mini version of the NES with updated hardware. It'll be released on the 11th of November and comes with 30 classic NES games. Just plug it into your TV and play, as the software is pre-loaded on the system and has no Internet connectivity - you can;t get any more games than the 30 already on it.

Will you be buying it, or not? What are your impressions, and did you have your own NES back in the day?

[video="youtube;-SYfdwtv3eI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SYfdwtv3eI[/video]
One of those things that at first I go "ooo" but after a few seconds wonder why anyone would buy it if they thought it through.

The regular NES, which I have anyway, can just be plugged into a TV and played too. Though you can play every NES game on it rather than just 30.

But hey it's all small and cute, right??
Original post by ozzyoscy
One of those things that at first I go "ooo" but after a few seconds wonder why anyone would buy it if they thought it through.

The regular NES, which I have anyway, can just be plugged into a TV and played too. Though you can play every NES game on it rather than just 30.

But hey it's all small and cute, right??

Ha, I sort of agree with you - it is a nostalgia cash grab and the mini makes it all adorkable.

But if you don't have an NES atm, would you want to blow cartridges for eternity or have predownloaded software?

I think it's logical for you not to get one, but it's also marketed towards people who might be new to the NES and don't have access to the og console.
Original post by Athena64
Ha, I sort of agree with you - it is a nostalgia cash grab and the mini makes it all adorkable.

But if you don't have an NES atm, would you want to blow cartridges for eternity or have predownloaded software?

I think it's logical for you not to get one, but it's also marketed towards people who might be new to the NES and don't have access to the og console.

Everyone has access to the original console.

I haven't needed to blow in any of my cartridges. It's a false sense of convenience or value, like a reduced item that you would never have bought or DLC.
Original post by username2834970
(...)
Will you be buying it, or not? What are your impressions, and did you have your own NES back in the day?
(...)

Rather tend to buy the SNES mini. Lesser games than on NES mini, but more I like. I still own an NES, although it is out of order for such a long time. The idea to bring old video games back in presence is awesome.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply