The Student Room Group

How can a 15 year old male grow slightly taller?

I'm a 15 year old male who is only 169cm. my parents are 158cm (dad) and 156cm (mom). am i still growing or have i stopped. what environmental factors can i make use of to help me grow a bit more? my grandparents on my dad's side are also short but my grandparents from my mom's side are 173cm and 165cm. also one of my great grandfathers (mom's side) was 183cm.
Original post by fishy789
I'm a 15 year old male who is only 169cm. my parents are 158cm (dad) and 156cm (mom). am i still growing or have i stopped. what environmental factors can i make use of to help me grow a bit more? my grandparents on my dad's side are also short but my grandparents from my mom's side are 173cm and 165cm. also one of my great grandfathers (mom's side) was 183cm.

Answer me this: Have you grown in the past 9 months?
Have you grown in the past 6 months?
Have you grown in the past 3 months?
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Answer me this: Have you grown in the past 9 months?
Have you grown in the past 6 months?
Have you grown in the past 3 months?

maybe an inch in the last 9 months
maybe an inch in the last 9 months

Ah right , I would predict you are still growing, but that your growth is slowing. You may grow another inch or so. Don't believe all the stuff that you grow until you are 21, it is very rare people do. I and most guys I know were done growing in height around 16/17. from then on until about 21 the growth is broadening of the shoulders and 'fllling out' basically gaining body mass and bone density, but very rarely height. :smile: Hope this helped.
Ah right , I would predict you are still growing, but that your growth is slowing. You may grow another inch or so. Don't believe all the stuff that you grow until you are 21, it is very rare people do. I and most guys I know were done growing in height around 16/17. from then on until about 21 the growth is broadening of the shoulders and 'fllling out' basically gaining body mass and bone density, but very rarely height. :smile: Hope this helped.

if it helps to know, my dad had a growth spurt when he was in uni, he went from 4'10 to 5'2. do you reckon ill also have a growth spurt later on
if it helps to know, my dad had a growth spurt when he was in uni, he went from 4'10 to 5'2. do you reckon ill also have a growth spurt later on

Pattern of growth is not wholly genetic so it would be impossible to tell, however since you are already taller than him I would suggest not. How tall is your maternal grandfather?
Reply 6
You technically don't stop growing until late teens early twenties, so you might still have a bit in you yet.

Work on your posture, too. Standing straight can add a surprising amount to your height, plus you'll appear taller.
People used to always say to me to sleep more. Lol

I was a midget up until I was about 17 years old. Then I hit a growth spurt and grew over 6 inches taller. There's hope for you yet :biggrin:
Pattern of growth is not wholly genetic so it would be impossible to tell, however since you are already taller than him I would suggest not. How tall is your maternal grandfather?

my maternal grandad is 5'7-8ish and my paternal one is 5'4-5ish
Reply 10
Try wearing shoes that make you look taller like Nike Air Max. I doubt you will grow any taller its rare but hope the best.
Well if your dad is 5'2 you seem to have done pretty well.

It may happen or it may not. Looking back I only really know one guy who got significantly taller after 16. Most stayed about the same.

I guess there is always leg lengthening surgery if your growth spurt doesn't happen. :dontknow:
(edited 7 years ago)

Good nutrition and adequate sleep. But really it's all down to inheritance, genetics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending