The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Economics at Bristol

HI, just wondering if bsc economics at bristol is hard to get an offer from or not. Will the uni lower the offer once you have firmed them?

Thx
Original post by coconut64
HI, just wondering if bsc economics at bristol is hard to get an offer from or not. Will the uni lower the offer once you have firmed them?

Thx

Not officially, but if your grades dip on results day you can still get in. Happened to me, happens to lots of people. It's common place across a lot of Russell Group Universities now. That being said don't count on it, go and get the results needed to meet your offer. Sitting on hold for six hours in limbo on results day isn't fun.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/sep/27/university-admissions-good-students-offers-a-levels
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Random_PC_Errors
Not officially, but if your grades dip on results day you can still get in. Happened to me, happens to lots of people. It's common place across a lot of Russell Group Universities now. That being said don't count on it, go and get the results needed to meet your offer. Sitting on hold for six hours in limbo on results day isn't fun.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/sep/27/university-admissions-good-students-offers-a-levels

did you do economics ? So if what was your offer and what did it go down to ??

Thanks
Original post by coconut64
did you do economics ? So if what was your offer and what did it go down to ??

Thanks

Not Economics, Politics and Sociology.

AAB Standard Offer

ABB My Offer

BBB What I actually got
Reply 4
Not Economics, Politics and Sociology.

AAB Standard Offer

ABB My Offer

BBB What I actually got

Maybe that's because you have a gd personal statement ?
apply for economics and finance its AAA instead of A*AA

You need to be more specific to the OPs question.

OP I did economics at Bristol I didn't know anyone on less than AAA (that was before A* was introduced)

There will probably be one or two examples potentially, but economics at Bristol is very popular so I certainly wouldn't bank on it at all.

As someone mentioned below about s variation of economics course - you can do this if it has common 1st year modules - a lot of people switched at the end of first year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mizzsnazzter

OP I did economics at Bristol I didn't know anyone on less than AAA (that was before A* was introduced)

There will probably be one or two examples potentially, but economics at Bristol is very popular so I certainly wouldn't bank on it at all.

As someone mentioned below about s variation of economics course - you can do this if it has common 1st year modules - a lot of people switched at the end of first year

Posted from TSR Mobile

''that was before A* was introduced''

Correct me if I'm wrong but that must have been pre-2010.. before the student fee rises and a fundamental change in the way admissions/Universities work.

''I certainly wouldn't bank on it..'' couldn't agree more with this though.
Reply 8
Original post by mizzsnazzter

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, thanks for helping. Can I just ask how did you find the course as I have never studied economics before so it does scare me a little. Also, since I am doing 2 sciences, if I get a b in one of them, will the uni let me in anyway since it is science...

I got a*aa as prediction. I got 3a*(one in maths)6a and 3b how likely am I to get in ?

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
''that was before A* was introduced''

Correct me if I'm wrong but that must have been pre-2010.. before the student fee rises and a fundamental change in the way admissions/Universities work.

''I certainly wouldn't bank on it..'' couldn't agree more with this though.

Thanks I just have to hope that they will be slightly lenient with it..
I just recieved an offer from bristol for Economics, if it helps my offer was A*AA including mathematics
Original post by Fradders98
I just recieved an offer from bristol for Economics, if it helps my offer was A*AA including mathematics

What other subjects do you do?
Original post by MajorFader
What other subjects do you do?

I do
Maths
Economics
Biology

Biology is a bit random and i dont really enjoy it as much as the other 2 but ohh well i guess
Reply 13
I do
Maths
Economics
Biology

Biology is a bit random and i dont really enjoy it as much as the other 2 but ohh well i guess

Hey, when did you hand in your ps and how long have u waited? Also did you mention any competitions in your ps because from what I have seen, many people mentioned the target 2 competition and stuff like that. What did you mostly talk about in your ps ? Thx
I do
Maths
Economics
Biology

What are you predicted for all 3?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending