The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trustmeimlying1
Suprising...what happened to your grades?

Your dreams of IB still possible?

Stuff happened, would rather not bring it up anymore.

yes*
Original post by Princepieman
Stuff happened, would rather not bring it up anymore.

yes*

We all wish yeh the best of luck. Yeh give great advice and support to us TSRians.
Sent mine off on the 19th, received an unconditional from Greenwich on the 27th! I applied to Swansea, Dundee, Aberdeen, Portsmouth, and Stirling as well, for international relations/politics and french. Received emails from Swansea and Portsmouth the next day saying the should respond in about 10 working days! Hoping for Monday.
All this stuff about Warwick giving out offers starting today is making me nervous! I wish the referee at my school would come back from Japan so he can add my references and send my application off :frown:
Original post by tictactao
All this stuff about Warwick giving out offers starting today is making me nervous! I wish the referee at my school would come back from Japan so he can add my references and send my application off :frown:

I'm applying to Warwick too! I'm applying for Politics and International Studies. You?
Haven't sent my application off yet either D:
Sent my application off today!! Feeling very nervous but at the same time just want the responses to come through ASAP!!

I'll update this when/IF I get any offers...

Application received by UCAS: 3rd October
Oxford (BA French and Linguistics) :
Date of response: TBA
Reply: TBA

Warwick (BA French and Linguistics):

Southampton (BA French and Linguistics):

Exeter (BA Modern Languages):

Birmingham (BA French and English Language):

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
Original post by Princepieman
Swansea was through clearing, heard back in an hour or so. Can't comment on how they are applying directly as I only applied directly to Oxford, Warwick, Bristol, Nottingham and UCL.

Oxford was a rej pre-interview in December, Warwick took a week, Bristol decided to wait until April before giving me an offer (after going to their invite only, pre-offer applicant day thing), UCL was 3 months and Notts was a month.

Urgh I hope Notts is fast this year. Last year a guy got his offer from them in like 2 weeks for Econ.
Reply 207
Original post by Remaxmac
Thanks! It was definitely a relief to get it in. She applied for archaeology. she's been focused on both arch and uk for years so she knew what she needed to have in place.

Hi!

I'm actually also a USA applicant applying for archaeology (I've been interested in archaeology and studying in the UK since the 8th grade) and I haven't met any people applying for the same so far so it's a relief knowing there's someone else in the same boat. Best of luck to your daughter!
I'm literally distraught at how I may not be predicted any A*s even though they've all said they wouldn't be surprised to see me get A*A*A* :frown:

What makes it even worse is that there will be people who got Bs at AS being predicted A*s, as well as those who got the same grade as me, and people who didn't even take the AS exams who will also be predicted A*s. Why do I have to have such awkward teachers :frown::frown: may have to completely change my uni plans
Original post by jamestg
I'm literally distraught at how I may not be predicted any A*s even though they've all said they wouldn't be surprised to see me get A*A*A* :frown:

What makes it even worse is that there will be people who got Bs at AS being predicted A*s, as well as those who got the same grade as me, and people who didn't even take the AS exams who will also be predicted A*s. Why do I have to have such awkward teachers :frown::frown: may have to completely change my uni plans

You may not be so you still have a chance. But tbh I think I'd bring in your parents to school no later than Wednesday! That's totally unfair!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bristol bath Cambridge imperial and Loughborough anyone?
Original post by jamestg

How are they predicting you As if they said they wouldn't be surprised to see you get A*s??
Original post by metrize
Bristol bath Cambridge imperial and Loughborough anyone?

Plenty of Cambridgers on this thread :wink:
Original post by DamnDaniel2
You may not be so you still have a chance. But tbh I think I'd bring in your parents to school no later than Wednesday! That's totally unfair!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think that'll help, it'll just make the relationship between myself and my teachers awkward
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DarkEnergy
How are they predicting you As if they said they wouldn't be surprised to see you get A*s??

A*s are "too risky to predict", they've seen "too many fantastic students fail to get A*s" and they'd "feel more comfortable in the knowledge that I will get an A rather than might get an A*"
Original post by jamestg
A*s are "too risky to predict", they've seen "too many fantastic students fail to get A*s" and they'd "feel more comfortable in the knowledge that I will get an A rather than might get an A*"

That's complete ******** imo, I'd definitely try and get higher ups or even your parents involved if you can.
Original post by kattur
Hi!

I'm actually also a USA applicant applying for archaeology (I've been interested in archaeology and studying in the UK since the 8th grade) and I haven't met any people applying for the same so far so it's a relief knowing there's someone else in the same boat. Best of luck to your daughter!

Too funny! I just saw your post in the 2017 applicants thread and had the same thought. She's in the same boat--has wanted to be an archaeologist since young child and focused on the UK schools since middle school. I will post in other thread, but you guys have Durham overlap for sure. Best of luck to you as well!
Original post by DarkEnergy
That's complete ******** imo, I'd definitely try and get higher ups or even your parents involved if you can.

I know right :frown: I might get the Oxbridge coordinator at my school to speak to at least my maths teacher so I can be predicted A*AA. Although that would mean no Cambridge application which is gutting but the chances are so small anyway.
Original post by cami.w
Sent mine off on the 19th, received an unconditional from Greenwich on the 27th! I applied to Swansea, Dundee, Aberdeen, Portsmouth, and Stirling as well, for international relations/politics and french. Received emails from Swansea and Portsmouth the next day saying the should respond in about 10 working days! Hoping for Monday.

Heard from Swansea yet? What course?
I'm applying to Cambridge, LSE, Durham, Warwick and Bristol. I've finished personal statement and paid and sent to the school over a week ago! they still haven't approved my reference and sent it off..... literally so annoyed rn

Latest

Trending

Trending