The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

I noticed that there hadn't been a thread open this year for Pharmalife applicants so thought I would create one to see how applications are going.

Let's help each other with whatever we know and hopefully we'll be that bit more prepared come interview time!

Just started my application and haven't decided where I'm going to apply yet.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by musicguru
I noticed that there hadn't been a thread open this year for Pharmalife applicants so thought I would create one to see how applications are going.

Let's help each other with whatever we know and hopefully we'll be that bit more prepared come interview time!

Just started my application and haven't decided where I'm going to apply yet.

Awesome :smile:

I've started filling out all of the mundane info like education etc., but haven't actually started writing any of the answers to the profile questions :s-smilie:

Thinking of applying to:

The London Collaboration (top choice)
UCL Partners
Kent, Surrey, Sussex
Undecided :/
Reply 2
Original post by thegodofgod
Awesome :smile:

I've started filling out all of the mundane info like education etc., but haven't actually started writing any of the answers to the profile questions :s-smilie:

Thinking of applying to:

The London Collaboration (top choice)
UCL Partners
Kent, Surrey, Sussex
Undecided :/
Did you get any experience? I have none so I hope that doesn't hold me back!
I wanted to apply for The London Collaboration but I figured it will be the most difficult to get. Your choices seem good though :smile:
I heard east midlands is easiest so I might apply there. So hard to pick just 4!
Original post by musicguru
Did you get any experience? I have none so I hope that doesn't hold me back!
I wanted to apply for The London Collaboration but I figured it will be the most difficult to get. Your choices seem good though :smile:
I heard east midlands is easiest so I might apply there. So hard to pick just 4!

Yup, got 4 weeks at a large teaching hospital in London. Unfortunately it means almost **** all as I can't apply to that hospital directly as it's in The London Collaboration :frown:
Does anyone know what they want us to write about in the 'what you've gained in your experience' section? What key things make applications stand out?
Reply 5
Heyy everyone..hows the application going?? Thought it was just me that had left it quite late 😂
Reply 6
Original post by YonceLikeLiquor
Does anyone know what they want us to write about in the 'what you've gained in your experience' section? What key things make applications stand out?

As obvious as this sounds they just want to see that you actually learnt something on any placement that you've done
Reply 7
Slightly off topic: Anyone applied to PRPS?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Farmacee
Slight off topic: Anyone applied to PRPS?

Yup. Got an interview.
Reply 9
Does anyone really know how to go about applying for KSS and TLC I feel like my answer to question 5 is quite generic, it's so hard to make it specific :frown:
Original post by manny17
Does anyone really know how to go about applying for KSS and TLC I feel like my answer to question 5 is quite generic, it's so hard to make it specific :frown:

No idea - at least you're in a much better place than I am - all I've done so far is written answers for the first 3 questions, I haven't touched the hobbies and the long final question, or that other one that is supposed to summarise what you've gained collectively from all of our work experience... starting to feel as if I've left this too late now :s-smilie:
Reply 11
Original post by thegodofgod
No idea - at least you're in a much better place than I am - all I've done so far is written answers for the first 3 questions, I haven't touched the hobbies and the long final question, or that other one that is supposed to summarise what you've gained collectively from all of our work experience... starting to feel as if I've left this too late now :s-smilie:

It's the final question that I'm finding a killer. I haven't done the summarise what you've gained collectively from all of your work experience I don't even know where that question is :s You still have just a bit over two weeks just need to power through and you can definitely get it done
Original post by manny17
It's the final question that I'm finding a killer. I haven't done the summarise what you've gained collectively from all of your work experience I don't even know where that question is :s You still have just a bit over two weeks just need to power through and you can definitely get it done

Yeah, the summarising work experience question is at the end of the CV section of the application. I guess so - but working full time on weekdays is killing me so I have no drive/motivation to work on the profile questions when I get home, and because it's summer, I always seem to have plans with friends or family on weekends :/

And I'm the not type that can sit down and bang it all out in one go - I have to spend like an hour or so a day over several weeks (including a LOT of procrastination time) to actually produce something decent :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by neldee95
Yup. Got an interview.

Same. Did you meet many providers this summer?
Hi,

Been starting my pharmalife application.

Please help or share info/advice.

What kind of examples would be ok for the professional judgement questions?

For the hobbies one, should we say how this has helped or whats its taught us? Or literally list what I like to do?

Any tips on making the personal statement unique so it stands out? Are you doing one per hospital?

Any answers are much appreciated and I hope you all get what you want.
Reply 15
Hi guys does anyone know what to say about the first profile question where we have 'demonstrated behaviour consistent with expected pharmacy professional'

thanks
Original post by rayman93
Hi guys does anyone know what to say about the first profile question where we have 'demonstrated behaviour consistent with expected pharmacy professional'

thanks

I think just that your were understanding and kind.
Original post by MeredithGrey13
Hi,

Been starting my pharmalife application.

Please help or share info/advice.

What kind of examples would be ok for the professional judgement questions?

For the hobbies one, should we say how this has helped or whats its taught us? Or literally list what I like to do?

Any tips on making the personal statement unique so it stands out? Are you doing one per hospital?

Any answers are much appreciated and I hope you all get what you want.

Anywhere you've done an intervention
Hobbies - Literally list as many as you can.Really understand the department and how they work, so you can tailor it to each individual trust

Original post by rayman93

thanks

Anything that abides by NHS values
Just submitted! I feel kinda sick ugh
Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!
Just submitted! I feel kinda sick ugh

What hospitals have you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending