The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=ImagineCats;67875194]Heard from Swansea yet? What course?

Not yet, the waiting is killing me! i applied for international relations with french. are you applying as well?
Original post by cami.w
Not yet, the waiting is killing me! i applied for international relations with french. are you applying as well?

Aah good luck! Oui! Yep if I get an offer I'm firming it! Genetics :smile: Such a pretty place
Original post by jamestg
I know right :frown: I might get the Oxbridge coordinator at my school to speak to at least my maths teacher so I can be predicted A*AA. Although that would mean no Cambridge application which is gutting but the chances are so small anyway.

Honestly hope this works out for you and you get the predictions you deserve, GL bud.
Original post by jamestg
A*s are "too risky to predict", they've seen "too many fantastic students fail to get A*s" and they'd "feel more comfortable in the knowledge that I will get an A rather than might get an A*"

Same thing with my Business teachers. I want an A but they say it's too risky to predict and I'm more likely to get a B so I'm being predicted that :/
[QUOTE=ImagineCats;67875544]Aah good luck! Oui! Yep if I get an offer I'm firming it! Genetics :smile: Such a pretty place

Absolutely love the beach(: Good luck to you too! are you applied already?
Original post by cami.w
Absolutely love the beach(: Good luck to you too! are you applied already?

Not yet! Waiting for my bio and chem teachers to write my reference. It should be sent within the next 2 weeks yay
@jamestg I think it is an absolute disgrace and travesty that someone like you who (iirc) got AAAB at AS is predicted AAA for A2 whilst some who get BBC are predicted A*AA because their teacher 'sees potential for improvement'.

You have a serious case for argument against the school, as not only are they limiting your choices but also because predicted grades are meant to be slightly higher than perhaps what your AS grades might suggest- but your teachers don't seem to do that.
Reply 227
Applying for maths at Warwick, Cambridge (St Catharines), Imperial, Bath and Nottingham:smile:.

Hopefully Warwick are as fast as everyone says they are!
Not expecting a response any time soon from Imperial, especially since there's an admissions test for that.

Good luck to everyone!:biggrin:
Reply 228
Warwick said that they were about to send some offers from 3rd of October and forward. Apparently nobody received any today? Last year I remember some people had their first offers on 26th of September!
No offer from Warwick for me today (Discrete Maths). Guess something came up?
Original post by jamestg
I know right :frown: I might get the Oxbridge coordinator at my school to speak to at least my maths teacher so I can be predicted A*AA. Although that would mean no Cambridge application which is gutting but the chances are so small anyway.

I really hope your teachers can give you the A* prediction you deserve, James :frown:
Original post by richpanda
@jamestg I think it is an absolute disgrace and travesty that someone like you who (iirc) got AAAB at AS is predicted AAA for A2 whilst some who get BBC are predicted A*AA because their teacher 'sees potential for improvement'.

You have a serious case for argument against the school, as not only are they limiting your choices but also because predicted grades are meant to be slightly higher than perhaps what your AS grades might suggest- but your teachers don't seem to do that.

Yep same here got AABC at AS and am predicted AAB
Original post by DarkEnergy
Honestly hope this works out for you and you get the predictions you deserve, GL bud.

I really hope so... thanks for the support!

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Same thing with my Business teachers. I want an A but they say it's too risky to predict and I'm more likely to get a B so I'm being predicted that :/

It sucks so much :frown:

Original post by richpanda

You're 100% right and I just hope my teachers agree with me :frown: it's not like I even need 2A*s anyway as it's very unlikely that I'll get an offer from Cambridge. But everyone else will be applying to my other choices with higher than the requirements.

Original post by SteamboatMickey
I really hope your teachers can give you the A* prediction you deserve, James :frown:

Thank you! I hope so too!
Original post by IRoranth
I'm applying to Warwick too! I'm applying for Politics and International Studies. You?
Haven't sent my application off yet either D:

Also applying to Politics and International studies at warwick the course sounds so much like hsps at Cambridge! Where else are you applying for politics? I'm thinking Durham, Exeter (cornwall campus), york then a spare 5th (maybe bristol) :smile:
I've heard Durham are notoriously slow with offers, but does anyone on here happen to know when they start sending out unconditionals? (For those who don't "know" me, I'm a "mature" post-qualification applicant)
Original post by jamestg

You have an Oxbridge coordinator? Fancy. Good luck mate
Original post by metrize
You have an Oxbridge coordinator? Fancy

Yeah haha but don't worry, we're not a school who sends loads to Oxbridge. It's just someone who supports those who are applying because they were successful in getting into Cambridge for undergrad and then Oxford postgrad.
Original post by jamestg
Yeah haha but don't worry, we're not a school who sends loads to Oxbridge. It's just someone who supports those who are applying because they were successful in getting into Cambridge for undergrad and then Oxford postgrad.

Ah I see, well good luck on getting your predicted grades increased but even if they aren't you might as well apply and a really good admissions test will sort you out, when is your internal deadline?
Original post by metrize
Ah I see, well good luck on getting your predicted grades increased but even if they aren't you might as well apply and a really good admissions test will sort you out, when is your internal deadline?

I'd have no chance with AAA/A*AA predictions and an 87 UMS average :frown:

There isn't really an internal deadline as such, just before the 15th if I do get the predictions!
Original post by IRoranth
I'm applying to Warwick too! I'm applying for Politics and International Studies. You?
Haven't sent my application off yet either D:

Hey! Im applying for International Management at Warwick! I sent it onto ucas but my school hasn't sent it off yet :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending