The Student Room Group

I bought...

binoculars yesterday on amazon, they arrived today AMA
I see...

What will you use them for? :holmes:

Classic Shia Lebouf film :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
A bowl contains N spaghetti noodles. You reach into the bowl and grab two free ends at random and attach them. You do this N times until there are no free ends left.

On average, how many loops are formed by this process? Show your working. [24 marks]
Original post by SeanFM
I see...

What will you use them for? :holmes:

Spoiler

Original post by iEthan
A bowl contains N spaghetti noodles. You reach into the bowl and grab two free ends at random and attach them. You do this N times until there are no free ends left.

On average, how many loops are formed by this process? Show your working. [24 marks]

N

Spoiler

I was trying to spy out of my window with some binoculars the other day, but my ****ing nosey neighbours were watching me. Why are people so nosey???
Original post by WoodyMKC
I was trying to spy out of my window with some binoculars the other day, but my ****ing nosey neighbours were watching me. Why are people so nosey???

their noses are too big, obviously.
Reply 7
Original post by iEthan

it really depends on how big N is.. if N is 2, or 3, then the answer is 0
Original post by asinghj
it really depends on how big N is.. if N is 2, or 3, then the answer is 0

There is actually an answer. :proud:
I bought some googly eyes off amazon...i have many of them now ... time to assemble my clippy army
Original post by iEthan

:cry2: stole mi question :bawling:

Spoiler

Reply 11
Congratulations

*you have opened a real can of worms... *
Original post by the bear
*you have opened a real can of worms... *

:sad:

Quick Reply

Latest