The Student Room Group

A Level decisions

Let's say I wanted to do medicine and I pick 4 A levels. Maths, Chemistry Biology and History. Would the History a level be some sort of hindrance to my application, seeing as it's recommended to pick A levels that go together, or would these be a good set of A levels to pursue the path or any path that doesn't really concern history (sciences etc.)
Original post by Rhasa91
Let's say I wanted to do medicine and I pick 4 A levels. Maths, Chemistry Biology and History. Would the History a level be some sort of hindrance to my application, seeing as it's recommended to pick A levels that go together, or would these be a good set of A levels to pursue the path or any path that doesn't really concern history (sciences etc.)

Your a level choices are perfectly fine :smile: all that really matters to medical schools is your biology chemistry and maths a levels. History is a great subject to add onto that as it shows an ability to process and collect information well enough to write structured essays. If you like all of you subjects, stick with them. History may not directly go with your other subjects but it does give you some key skills that are needed to write any sort of university essay.
UCL actually like a 4th a level that is broader, you're fine with your options.
Reply 3
I initially wanted to be able to do history for my A-levels. However, I could not pick that due to it clashing with another subject. I also wanted to do medicine.
History is an extremely respected subject so go ahead!

Quick Reply

Latest