The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by AperfectBalance
People can be bi I am not going to stop them but also I do not have to want to be partners with them.

The whole argument is flawed. I have no problem with people being gay, but that does not mean I would marry a gay person does it?

It is your argument that is flawed.

Presumably you would not marry a gay person because you are not attracted to men, and a gay woman would not be interested in you even if you really wanted to marry them.

I can't understand what would turn you off or break up with a woman you found out was bi. It isn't like saying you like a certain hair colour or ethnic background, as it is not something which is visible. Nothing about the woman in question would change upon you learning this information. Nothing about your relationship would change either, it is nothing which would affect you other than your own sense of bigotry and insecurity, which is your own failing rather than someone else's fault.

You don't seem to understand what being bi means. It means that hypothetically the bisexual person's initial pool of prospective partners is larger than yours, but at the end of the day she would still have chosen you in the end out of all of those people. Just because you are suddenly aware of information you previously did not know does not mean it is a surprise to the other person. Especially in this age, they will have known regardless of or inclusive of their actions in partnering with you.

I fail to see where you could go wrong with your interpretation, or what you would fear happening.
Original post by WoodyMKC

**** off with that gay **** bro
Original post by Anonymous
lol how do you know? She might like butch girls and want to be submissive?

mate i was drunk stop being a nob
Original post by clez
relationships and sexual preferences are all different - some people are dominant and some are not - some men, some women, hetero, bi, homo etc

stop judging me aaaaaaaaaaaaaa i'm not a pleb
Original post by naddie
Why does there have to be a dominant partner?

don't trust me i redacted it
Original post by Clez
I'm sure bisexual guys go for whoever they find the most attractive and depending on their relationship status.

I hate the term of phrase "swing one side to another" as if all bisexual people are somehow balanced precariously on a pivot where they could unexpectedly fall one way or the other irrespective of their current partner or any other factors. Crap.

He literally changed over one night and " got bored ", well as he says.
I would NOT date a bisexual person in my life, not in this life or even in the next.

I am very straight. Yes, as straight as they come. So i wanna stick to those with whom we understand each other. I like them as straight as they come.

Not to hurt anyone's feelings but I wouldnt really even want to think about sleeping with someone who has been sleeping with someone of the opposite sex. I would be disgusted and totally nauseated.

I mean, you are my boyfriend but you also laid other men. Like WTF?

I am not saying that bisexuals are bound to cheat but if I was cheated on, atleast cheat on me with a fellow woman. I would be gutted if you went cheating with a man! The whole thing is too confusing for me. I really want nothing to do with a relationship where the other party bangs both men and women; they have their cake and even eat it!
Which of the above options should I choose when dating?
- Would you yourself date a bisexual person/man/woman if he/she was your perfect person until this detail was revealed?

Nope, the fact that they are bisexual automatically means that they are not my perfect person. My perfect person is supposed to be STRAIGHT with no intentions of ever pulling a "Caityln Jenner" on me 40 years into the marriage.

- If not, why not, and what has led you to believe that?

1. I am straight.
2. My spouse must be straight.

- What would your reaction be if this was revealed some way into a relationship?
Sue the other party for misrepresentation. LOL. Seriously, dump the guy with disgust at his lying ass! I dont like being lied to at all!
Reply 68
Original post by AlexFam
stop judging me aaaaaaaaaaaaaa i'm not a pleb

Don't make generalized statements based on stereotypes which you yourself have conjured then!
Original post by Clez
Don't make generalized statements based on stereotypes which you yourself have conjured then!

i
took
it
back
Original post by AlexFam
**** off with that gay **** bro

I thought gay meant putting your cock in a guy's bum???

Yeah
Yes, I can't think of any reason why I wouldn't :smile:
Reply 73

How infantile. No, it means being exclusively attracted to the same sex as yourself.
Reply 74
Original post by Anonymous
I would NOT date a bisexual person in my life, not in this life or even in the next.

I am very straight. Yes, as straight as they come. So i wanna stick to those with whom we understand each other. I like them as straight as they come.

Not to hurt anyone's feelings but I wouldnt really even want to think about sleeping with someone who has been sleeping with someone of the opposite sex. I would be disgusted and totally nauseated.

I mean, you are my boyfriend but you also laid other men. Like WTF?

I am not saying that bisexuals are bound to cheat but if I was cheated on, atleast cheat on me with a fellow woman. I would be gutted if you went cheating with a man! The whole thing is too confusing for me. I really want nothing to do with a relationship where the other party bangs both men and women; they have their cake and even eat it!

Hmm I can't tell if you are ignorant or terribly insecure.
"Those with whom we understand each other" - 1) If someone is bisexual then you are compatible with them. 2) If someone has agreed to a relationship with you then they are into you. I don't know what else you would need to understand about that or them.

What would make you disgusted and nauseated about them sleeping with another guy? Presumably you will have done too? "You are my boyfriend but you also laid other men" Yes. What's that about? Probably the bisexual bit. He could say "you are my girlfriend but you also laid other men". Why? Because people existed before they met each other. It is no different to if he had previously been with a woman.

A bisexual man who is a cheater might cheat on you with a man, or maybe with a woman, it could be either. Whether people cheat is not related to their sexuality. Whether people leave is related to how well your relationship is working, not their sexuality.
Original post by Clez
:

Regardless of your sex/gender or sexuality:
- Which of the above options should I choose when dating? A
- Would you yourself date a bisexual person/man/woman if he/she was your perfect person until this detail was revealed? Yes if she was loyal
- If not, why not, and what has led you to believe that?
- What would your reaction be if this was revealed some way into a relationship? I wouldn't be happy that it was hidden from me.

All advice and opinions appreciated, thanks!

aa
Of course I would date someone who is bi, if we are attracted both emotionally and physically to each other the fact that they are bi would not get in the way. I personally don't understand people's ill feelings towards bi sexuals.
Original post by Clez
"Those with whom we understand each other" - 1) If someone is bisexual then you are compatible with them. 2) If someone has agreed to a relationship with you then they are into you. I don't know what else you would need to understand about that or them.

What would make you disgusted and nauseated about them sleeping with another guy? Presumably you will have done too? "You are my boyfriend but you also laid other men" Yes. What's that about? Probably the bisexual bit. He could say "you are my girlfriend but you also laid other men". Why? Because people existed before they met each other. It is no different to if he had previously been with a woman.

A bisexual man who is a cheater might cheat on you with a man, or maybe with a woman, it could be either. Whether people cheat is not related to their sexuality. Whether people leave is related to how well your relationship is working, not their sexuality.

You asked me for my answer and I gave it and now you are trying to make me change it. Didnt know I was signing up for an argument. LOL.

Jokes aside, what I meant by understanding each other is that we are both straight. And no, it makes a difference to ME if he has been with other men before he met me. I am not here for this men, then women, then men, then women, then men pattern.

In short, I want my men straight all their life. My relationship, my choice.
Bisexual people are not my portion unfortunately.
Original post by Clez

I am far from ignorant or insecure unfortunately. I am nearer knowing what I want and what I will sign up for. If refusing to date a bisexual is being insecure or ignorant, so be it.
Original post by Clez
How infantile. No, it means being exclusively attracted to the same sex as yourself.

It was meant to be infantile, as a mocking response to an infantile "gay" joke. Nicely missed.

Latest

Trending

Trending