The Student Room Group

Bad GCSE's

Hi, I want to apply to medicine at Imperial College or Oxford. My IB points add up to 39, im confident that my BMAT will go well, I have good references and Ive been told that o have a great PS too. My IGCSE's are the problem. 1A* 3B 4C. WHAT AM I TO DO????
considering gcse's was in the past. What can you do? what answer do you want? you probably want someone to lie to you saying oh dont worry youll make it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mdschoolwant
Hi, I want to apply to medicine at Imperial College or Oxford. My IB points add up to 39, im confident that my BMAT will go well, I have good references and Ive been told that o have a great PS too. My IGCSE's are the problem. 1A* 3B 4C. WHAT AM I TO DO????

Imperial: "We no longer have a GCSE requirement for this course."

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/school-of-medicine/medicine/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apply anyway
Reply 4
Original post by mdschoolwant

Check out the entry requirements, is you're GCSEs are a problem don't waste an applciation choice by applying. Wouldn't recommend applying to OXford due to the GCSEs. maybe Imperial as a wildcard in terms of your choices but make sure to check out their entry requirements.
Original post by jneill
Imperial: "We no longer have a GCSE requirement for this course."

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/school-of-medicine/medicine/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't that change over years?
Apply to Cambridge, they are much more interested in AS/A-Level grades, great interview, good BMAT score and they're ranked 1st in medicine :smile: (my brother is currently in Cambridge studying music)
Reply 7
Original post by Oxidation
Doesn't that change over years?

Perhaps, idk, but that's what it is now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by ShiawaseNekox3
Apply to Cambridge, they are much more interested in AS/A-Level grades, great interview, good BMAT score and they're ranked 1st in medicine :smile: (my brother is currently in Cambridge studying music)

But, OP, check their Medicine course suits you.
And IB of 39 won't be quite enough... 40-41 with 776HL needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Perhaps, idk, but that's what it is now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh ok. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending