The Student Room Group

Geography based EPQ

I'm doing an EPQ and I wanted to base it on geography, possibly the environment. I want to incoorporate physical and human geography together.

I was thinking about doing one on earthquakes or coasts

But i would love some other ideas!!
Thank you :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think about what you're interested in and then narrow it down. Talk to your teachers about what is appropriate and feasible. Think of research questions you can actually do research on.
Reply 2
Original post by Ella_08
I'm doing an EPQ and I wanted to base it on geography, possibly the environment. I want to incoorporate physical and human geography together.

I was thinking about doing one on earthquakes or coasts

But i would love some other ideas!!
Thank you :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Not sure how Geography-related it is as it's more of an Environmental Science topic but what about the increasing jellyfish population and its impact on humans and the environment? Or you could do it on overfishing or the overfishing of salmon in British Columbia and its impact on humans and orca? Or you could do toxins such as PCB's which have impacted a huge variety of marine life.
Reply 3
I've had another thought - Argan Oil. You could write about how its increased popularity has impacted North Africa. Argan trees were being destroyed along with the region's deforestation, the popularity of argan oil has meant argan trees are now being planted - this is helping in a variety of issues such as soil erosion, is helping women and overall having a positive impact. You could compare it to palm oil. You could look at rice paddies and methane emissions.
Original post by Crabb1ey
Hi! Not sure how Geography-related it is as it's more of an Environmental Science topic but what about the increasing jellyfish population and its impact on humans and the environment? Or you could do it on overfishing or the overfishing of salmon in British Columbia and its impact on humans and orca? Or you could do toxins such as PCB's which have impacted a huge variety of marine life.

Thank you so much, these are really good :smile: i think the overfishing one is a great idea!
Reply 5
Original post by Ella_08
Thank you so much, these are really good :smile: i think the overfishing one is a great idea!

No problem! I recommend either focusing on a region or species. For example cod would be a good one or salmon as there's loads to write about for both. You can also talk about the impact of fish farming. And look at sustainable fishing and how methods such are purse and seine are also bad for local people. You can also look at the bioaccummulation of toxins and how that's affecting humans and other animals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending