The Student Room Group

What is the worst Tinder encounter you've ever had?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by rintox999
How do you know how I look ?.

And you can look like a million dollars, but if you do not have confidence or conversation skills, it's not worth anything.

How could I not know how you look?
you must of posted your pic on here like 50 times

and confidence and conversation skills are overrated. Simply having average confidence and average conversation skills as a "hot" guy will get you plenty.
Original post by ANM775
How could I not know how you look?
you must of posted your pic on here like 50 times

and confidence and conversation skills are overrated. Simply having average confidence and average conversation skills as a "hot" guy will get you plenty.

Maybe if you are a hot woman, not man.
Reply 82
Maybe if you are a hot woman, not man.

Women naturally gravitate towards hot men on dating sites like a fat kid gravitates towards a mc donalds. a hot guy on a dating site will be receiving multiple unsolicited messages from women, and can arrange meetup's and liaisons with little effort

obviously you've never seen or done an online dating experiment.

here's one;
but if you put some hard effort in and look for them you will be able find much more

women will make it very easy for a hot guy too in a club bar. He will be getting positive body language from women, eye contact, and some women may even smile at him. Some hot guys get outright approached, others may have to do the approaching themselves. In this kind of scenario, average conversation skills and average confidence is enough to do fine.
Original post by ANM775
Women naturally gravitate towards hot men on dating sites like a fat kid gravitates towards a mc donalds. a hot guy on a dating site will be receiving multiple unsolicited messages from women, and can arrange meetup's and liaisons with little effort

obviously you've never seen or done an online dating experiment.

here's one;
but if you put some hard effort in and look for them you will be able find much more

women will make it very easy for a hot guy too in a club bar. He will be getting positive body language from women, eye contact, and some women may even smile at him. Some hot guys get outright approached, others may have to do the approaching themselves. In this kind of scenario, average conversation skills and average confidence is enough to do fine.

It depends who you are aiming at.
I am attracted to chubby girls, and they are not the most sought after girls.
Reply 84
It depends who you are aiming at.
I am attracted to chubby girls, and they are not the most sought after girls.

obviously you've never seen or done an online experiment as a female online either.

The chubby girls are very much in demand online, and have a LOT of options and choices. Yes, they are easier than the "hot" girls but it's still no walk in the park if the guy is not hot himself.

do you like chubby girls with attractive faces?
I bet you do.

these girls are no walk in the park either a lot of the time
You are probably a damn arab or pakistani .

What about Jews? :cool:
Why does this girl have a beard?!?
He deserves it honestly.

Do you know another guy who at 26 managed to shag 150 different girls, and not hookers.

Noooo I said about 100, not 150 :rofl: For the record I do know a few myself :smile:
@WoodyMKC is a God amongst men. You can only hope and pray to ever live up to his standard.
:rofl:
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Division Street, yes, the first night, it's all a drunken haze at this point though. I've just been wandering around aimlessly for the past two weeks tbh :rofl:

I have actually been on Ecclesall Road as well. Who knew :laugh:

Have you been up to Kelham Island yet?
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Have you been up to Kelham Island yet?

lmao nope?
Original post by Elastichedgehog
lmao nope?

Freshers don't tend to find their way up to this gem for a while but it's a fantastic part of Sheffield with some famous traditional real ale pubs.

It's not the kind of place you want to go on a fresher style pub crawl though because the locals will not be too keen.

I would recommend one day get a small group of mates together and walk down to Kelham, have a pint in the Shakespeare on the way, then go to Kelham Island Tavern, get pizza in Craft and Dough (very good value), then the Fat Cat and then the Riverside, and if you want the full Kelham experience take the 10 min walk from there to the Gardeners Rest.

Don't get me wrong I like West Street and Eccy Road but Kelham is a must to get a real Sheffield experience.
I had a date with a Spanish girl who couldn't speak English properly, to a point where we had to use her phone to translate. I ended up leading her on as I'd been messed around by girls a lot so I wanted to do it to someone else. Worst date I ever had!

Being dumped the same day as losing my virginity wasn't nice either
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 94
Met a guy, date went fine and I went to his afterwards. We had been discussing sex before we met anyway, so him and I both knew that's all it was. He told me he loved it rough and I agreed. 5 minutes in, during it, I dig my nails in his back and he pushes me off and goes mental saying "you could have scratched my mole, it might be cancerous but I'm not sure". Proceeds to cry and complain about this for 2 hours then has the audacity to try it on with me again. Rough? My arse.

The same guy still messages me to this day and it's to ask for advice about a new girl he's in love with. Why I've not blocked him, I'll never know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not on Tinder but on Grindr.

Met a guy and invited him back to mine - went to my room and 15 mins later, my mum came home early from work and she was like "ARE YOU IN" I had to be like "shhh shh, don't move don't say a thing!" in the tiniest whisper! And I had to go on the landing half-naked and we had a 5 min conversation about dinner - she said she was going to make lasagna so I was like "OH! You know what, we need cheese - can you get some now cause Im quiet hungry". She said sure, went off around the corner and the guy had literally 1 minute to get dressed and get the hell outta my house before my mum returned!

PS: We met the 2nd time, but it was at his house this time and no interruptions took place!
Met up with guy from tinder, he asked me about my lack of religion and then told me he believes in religion but "the most laid back person you'll ever meet"

he then proceeded to tell me how annoyed he was at his sister for using the pride photo filter on facebook, and when I challenged him on this he then went on to compare homosexuality to paedophilia, backtracked and said "islam doesn't say you're not allowed to be gay, you're just not allowed to act on those feelings" as if this was a decent justification of his insults

he then went on to say horrible things about trans people. we had a very heated debate.

For some reason he still expected me to be interested, even invited me back to his flat and kept texting me afterwards. I ignored his messages lol
Also this isn't the worst encounter and it isnt even that bad, I just thought it was funny - one guy took me to a "surprise" restaurant for food, which ended up being a chicken burger place. I'm a vegetarian :lol:
Never actually had a tinder date, match with a modest number of girls, none of whom message me first. I'm pretty selective about who I swipe. My bio is full so there's plenty to go on there.

Just seems like unless you're an 8/10 or above, tinder is pretty much useless.
Original post by bellalalaxo
Just curious.

*edit : please make sure comments are suitable for all TSR members

yea.....dude was most confusing ass guy ever. Like seriously....had no idea what he wanted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending