The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
Officially confirmed sacked now
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37534496

Yea the names aren't great for the job but for me big Sam is number one choice then Bruce

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scriggy
Not reckon Steve Clarke would be worth a spin as number one for a while? He's got decent experience and couldn't do any worse tbf. Plus he's pretty dour which is what you normally go for.

Personally think giving Clarke a game or two might be a good shout to see how he does.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hogree
Personally think giving Clarke a game or two might be a good shout to see how he does.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? He's been crap everywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
big sam first choice for me or someone solid like bruce. wouldnt be averse to one of the brentford or huddersfield managers either. i know there doing well at their own clubs but it will be surely hard to turn villa down and especially with the talent in the squad they should at least consider the offer.
I'd prefer Bruce to Allardyce I think. Cba with all that extra crap surrounding big Sam. Also wouldn't mind us going in for Wagner, it'd be a statement of intent for sure, but I really don't see that one happening.
Wagner odds are dropping as well as Gary Rowett
Big Sam will be getting Premier League job offers soon tbh. Not really sure why he would come to you.

Bruce seems like a good fit and a "safe pair of hands" that you've been lacking for years now. Some of the other names seem like risks you can't really afford to take imo. Is appointing Wagner pretty much solely off the back of Huddersfields first 11 games really wise?
Original post by scriggy
Big Sam will be getting Premier League job offers soon tbh. Not really sure why he would come to you.

Bruce seems like a good fit and a "safe pair of hands" that you've been lacking for years now. Some of the other names seem like risks you can't really afford to take imo. Is appointing Wagner pretty much solely off the back of Huddersfields first 11 games really wise?

Sam is a local, we can pay him what he wants and we are a guaranteed reputation builder for him.

I agree with what you said on Wagner

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like it will be Steve Bruce
Gonna get my train down in about an hour. Who else is going down? Up the villa
Not me I'm watching it on sky

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like Bruce. Good appointment for you guys
Might be Bruce's toughest job yet, worrying how much we got tired at the end.
Was like wolves were playing at home at points today. Lucky to get a point
It was the same as previous with 4-4-2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neal95
Was like wolves were playing at home at points today. Lucky to get a point

Wolves were robbed. The referee gave absolutely everything to Villa, I have no idea how you finished the game with 11 men

Bruce needs to remove the losing mentality that's been in place for 5 years and that isn't going to be a quick fix. You're only 9pts off the play offs which is absolutely nothing, a top 6 finish is still very doable.
anyne watching via facebook live stream? slow start so far but we look to be trying to get the ball to the wing quickly. gardners done well so far i suppose. unevenful really though
1-0 the villa still been dominated posession wise though
Holy crap, we won away
it actually happened!? the performance was pretty terrible for large parts though and if we play like that in most games we wont get the 3 points. if its not now clear to bruce, ayew has to start as he drives forward and creates stuff. hopefully onwards and upwards from here.

Quick Reply

Latest