The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3760
Anyone heard back from Evercore or Rothschild for IBD full-time Analyst?
Original post by Mcstyle94
First round interview UBS IBD. It should be competency based, any tips?

When did you apply may I ask? Did you just receive the interview invite?
Original post by Commercial Paper
Yes. You do a paper-based version which is slightly harder and must score 80% or above (16 out of 20) or you get sent home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha really? So you start with a paper-based version and they just send you home if you fail? So people flying in from abroad will just have wasted their time if they fail
Reply 3763
I didn't get any test invite for HSBC, applied few days ago.. anyone in the same situation?
Anybody heard anything from anybody about Goldman?? I thought they were rolling this year
Reply 3765
Original post by panda12
Rejection from Citi after passing their online test. :frown: I applied for off cycle IBD. Got rejection about 1 week after getting the you passed online test email.

Sorry to hear that! I applied for off-cycle too and got the test passed email 3 weeks ago, nothing since then..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brian_sp12
haha really? So you start with a paper-based version and they just send you home if you fail? So people flying in from abroad will just have wasted their time if they fail

Yes, some people were sent home before 9am. You must meet the minimum benchmark, no exceptions. It's the first thing you do when you arrive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, some people were sent home before 9am. You must meet the minimum benchmark, no exceptions. It's the first thing you do when you arrive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you went yourself? If yes, for which division?
So you went yourself? If yes, for which division?

Yes, last year for IBD. Got 15 out of 20 and not 16 and was sent home so this is how I know because HR told me what the benchmark was. Another batch get sent home before lunch as well.

I've seen at places before like Citi where they give you another chance if you don't get the same score first time round. But at HSBC you just get shown the door.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, last year for IBD. Got 15 out of 20 and not 16 and was sent home so this is how I know because HR told me what the benchmark was. Another batch get sent home before lunch as well.

I've seen at places before like Citi where they give you another chance if you don't get the same score first time round. But at HSBC you just get shown the door.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Geez pretty tough. You reckon it's the same for all divisions?
Geez pretty tough. You reckon it's the same for all divisions?

No idea if it'll be the same this cycle or for other divisions. The AC I went to was just for IBD.

This was for the Numerical (which they've scrapped this year) and I doubt they'll make you sit an SJT again, but maybe the Inductive Reasoning one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No idea if it'll be the same this cycle or for other divisions. The AC I went to was just for IBD.

This was for the Numerical (which they've scrapped this year) and I doubt they'll make you sit an SJT again, but maybe the Inductive Reasoning one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. Doing an SJT again would be pretty stange, and it said in the Email they sent to me that you would undergo a situational exercise. Do you remember if it said directly in your mail that there would be a paper-based test?
Reply 3772
Yeah that's exactly what I thought. Doing an SJT again would be pretty stange, and it said in the Email they sent to me that you would undergo a situational exercise. Do you remember if it said directly in your mail that there would be a paper-based test?

Did you get a HSBC AC invite?
Original post by AKRP
Did you get a HSBC AC invite?

Yes I did.
Hi all, does anyone have any updates for Fidelity ( Mult-Asset Grad).

Also I applied last week and the status is still showing as 'your application has been submitted to our database and will be processed shortly'.

Getting a bit worried that there is some technical issue which has resulted in the application not being processed...or maybe I am simply not patient enough... it is just on previous occasions I have been updated far more rapidly (although with bad news at the end!) with such status not on display.
Is this for graduate??
Original post by ay42
Sorry to hear that! I applied for off-cycle too and got the test passed email 3 weeks ago, nothing since then..

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know you passed if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 3777
Yes I did.

When did you have your interview, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by AKRP
When did you have your interview, if you don't mind me asking?

Last week. You interviewed as well?

Yeah just had a look. It said there would be a paper-based SHL numerical reasoning aptitude test and then has a warning saying you must meet the benchmark otherwise you'll be asked to leave. It then said you must meet the minimum benchmark in the motivational interview after, otherwise again, you'll be asked to leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending