The Student Room Group

Unpopular Opinions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cbreef
:colonhash:

I love the Jenners :colone:
Original post by Foo.mp3
One should never presume anything about an individual, and a meritocratic approach is both sensible and ethical, but to ignore trends in social science is to live with one's head in the sand, dear. It is in all our interests, as individuals, and indeed social actors/societies, to play to our respective strengths, and have the good sense, humanity, and humility, to recognise that we are not all the same, and will not always be best placed to perform various functions, as individuals

The brattish #MeFirst culture of the noughties will, inevitably, be outmoded by more balanced, (post-reactionary), modes of thinking/operating, in this context. You can either be a part of that movement, as you learn, and mature, or else dragged up by the boots by those of us who are the drivers of such 'dark enlightenment'

Perhaps, you can live in your 1950s view of the world, and I'll live in my modern one, dear. :h:
I like to leave a party by 10pm and be in jim jams by 11.
Original post by Nuba123
Shimon Peres was a war criminal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must surely be historically illiterate. Peres was one of the most left-wing pro-Arab leaders of the Knesset.
Bacon is just meh, it tastes cheap and salty.
Original post by MemeworksStudios
Bacon is just meh, it tastes cheap and salty.

:angry:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
:angry:

Go eat a real meat like lamb.
Original post by Foo.mp3
For someone who claims not to like to make generalisations/assumptions you sure are good at demonstrating presumptuousness, dear. I build my 'world' around the most pro-social and sustainable aspects of human endeavour, be they more akin to la mode du jour or reflective of our rich heritage. If you have a problem with engaging with/learning the lessons of the past then that's a shame. Important to be intellectually/ideologically flexible as discounting the possibility that we ourselves, or trend-setters more generally, may not always change the world for the better can be the road to ruin (as neoliberalist globalisation and the 2008 recession clearly reminded us)! Truth and humanity ftw :smile:

I came to that 'assumption' by simply reading what you put, and looking at your actual website which was very...interesting.

And, you keep telling yourself that, darling. :tongue:

Religious?
Go eat a real meat like lamb.

Meh, it tastes weird.
Bacon is also bad for you, high it fat and pigs have poor developed stomachs so the meat is full of pathogens.
Original post by Reality Check
Interestingly, my post regarding a rather sinister and overwritten post by someone recently on this thread was reported and deleted. Who could that have been, I wonder...

What happened?
If I were a Muslim I wouldn't have tried it in the first place would I m8. Bacon is for fatties when you become a man you have to eat beef.
Bacon is also bad for you, high it fat and pigs have poor developed stomachs so the meat is full of pathogens.

Lol, a lot of things are bad for you, but I bet you still eat them. :h:
Lol, a lot of things are bad for you, but I bet you still eat them. :h:

I don't even have bought source on my brown pasta because it's full of artificial chemicals, people take appalling care of themselves and that's why they smell and have bad skin.
What happened?

I wrote a post saying 'how sinister. And overwritten' in response to an earlier posting. You know which one. The lecture. And it was reported and deleted. Maybe it was too neoliberal? Or maybe the words didn't have enough syllables in them and he took offence. We're all so stupid and ignorant, aren't we.
I don't even have bought source on my brown pasta because it's full of artificial chemicals, people take appalling care of themselves and that's why they smell and have bad skin.

.....ok den.
Steak is lean and it gives you muscle gains, bacon is fatty and gives you heart attacks.
It just pisses me off how much guys circlejerk about what is clearly the most low quality meat available.

Let's hope you're not considering a career in medicine.
Original post by Reality Check
I wrote a post saying 'how sinister. And overwritten' in response to an earlier posting. You know which one. The lecture. And it was reported and deleted. Maybe it was too neoliberal? Or maybe the words didn't have enough syllables in them and he took offence. We're all so stupid and ignorant, aren't we.

Probably for his liking lol. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest