Original post by ellen111
Thank you. Do you know is this likely to go up by the end of testing? *

More likely to go down tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
More likely to go down tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

what makes you say that?

10,000 people sat their test by the time the pre lim scores were out?
usually around 20,000 sit the ukcat no?

so it could co up/down?
Original post by Lostperson
what makes you say that?

so it could co up/down?

Just going by past trends. People seem to perform worse towards the end of the exam season (September/October); prelim scores are generally higher than the average scores

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
Just going by past trends. People seem to perform worse towards the end of the exam season (September/October); prelim scores are generally higher than the average scores

Posted from TSR Mobile

do u know what last years pre lies were?
Im currently in the 8th decile.. and wondering if by the end ill end up in the 7th?
Original post by ASTK98

Posted from TSR Mobile

pre lim**
what makes you say that?

so it could co up/down?

The company themselves are expecting it:

UKCAT (@ukcattest)

We would expect mean scores to fall between the 11th Sept stats and the end of testing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/UKCATest/status/782852884111233024
(edited 7 years ago)
do u know what last years pre lies were?
Im currently in the 8th decile.. and wondering if by the end ill end up in the 7th?

They usually don't do preliminary results so thats why people were quite worried when they were published this year.
[QUOTE=YouHaveProblems;67874846]There is literally no point. It gets sent to university why on earth would u do that on ucas, no one else does that.

I wasn't sure if people done it or not that's why I was asking haha? Was just a question
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ThrowawayMike
I finished my UKCAT about half an hour ago. My performance was unimpressive (I'm applying for GEM):

VR: 540
QR: 720
AR: 670

Average: 643

I'm a non-science graduate with non-science A-levels. I was hoping to apply to Warwick and Newcastle (lol).
The dream is over for this cycle.

VR:

I should have flagged a lot more. The passages themselves weren't as challenging as I thought they would be, it was the options in the more challenging comprehension questions that took up a lot of reading time.

QR:

This section is easy compared to the others. Far easier than anything I'd encountered in prep books or online mocks.

AR:

I'm not sure whether I found this section less challenging because I'd practiced or because it was genuinely easier in the test. I was scoring 550 in mocks for AR and I got a 670 today.

All in all, an insufficient score was expected. I'm now going to the GEM 2018-entry thread to lick my wounds. Good luck to everyone who scored well, and even more good luck to those who didn't.

where did you do yours?*
Hi guys urgent help is needed!!
Just done my UKCAT - got 580 in VR, 690 in QR, 580 in AR, and band 2 in sjt so an average of 617
My predicted grades are (A*,A,A) in maths,bio,chem. I have 4 A*'s and 5 A's

I have put down imperial and sussex as my two BMAT choices and I have narrowed down the list of UKCAT unis to these: so please could you advise me on which two to choose:
Birmingham, St georges, Bristol ( 70% on personal statement scares me!), Durham, Norwich, Kings college, Sheffield and Southampton. The other ukcat unis have been omitted from my list due to them being too far away - so these are the best ones location wise!

I really appreciate any help and advice! Thanks
Where should I not apply with an average of 713 and band 2? I'm an undergraduate taking a gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YouHaveProblems
someones jealous lol they obvs put in 710 by accident when calculating or 610 when posting or something along them lines.

Thank you, that is exactly what I did (I meant 890 for AR)
Hi! I took my UKCAT just now. What do you think about my results?

VR 630
QR 750
AR 730
SJG Band 2

I want to apply to King's College and Sheffield. Do I have a chance?
I finished my UKCAT about half an hour ago. My performance was unimpressive (I'm applying for GEM):

VR: 540
QR: 720
AR: 670

Average: 643

I'm a non-science graduate with non-science A-levels. I was hoping to apply to Warwick and Newcastle (lol).
The dream is over for this cycle.

VR:

I should have flagged a lot more. The passages themselves weren't as challenging as I thought they would be, it was the options in the more challenging comprehension questions that took up a lot of reading time.

QR:

This section is easy compared to the others. Far easier than anything I'd encountered in prep books or online mocks.

AR:

I'm not sure whether I found this section less challenging because I'd practiced or because it was genuinely easier in the test. I was scoring 550 in mocks for AR and I got a 670 today.

All in all, an insufficient score was expected. I'm now going to the GEM 2018-entry thread to lick my wounds. Good luck to everyone who scored well, and even more good luck to those who didn't.

Im a GEM applicant too and did terribly and got an average of 580 yesterday. have you considered applying to 5 year courses as your average is not bad for those ones? i'm still debating whether to apply or not this *year, I know my chances are very low but at least there is still a chance thats the way I'm looking at it :smile:*
Original post by tomtom32
Hi guys urgent help is needed!!
Just done my UKCAT - got 580 in VR, 690 in QR, 580 in AR, and band 2 in sjt so an average of 617
My predicted grades are (A*,A,A) in maths,bio,chem. I have 4 A*'s and 5 A's

I have put down imperial and sussex as my two BMAT choices and I have narrowed down the list of UKCAT unis to these: so please could you advise me on which two to choose:
Birmingham, St georges, Bristol ( 70% on personal statement scares me!), Durham, Norwich, Kings college, Sheffield and Southampton. The other ukcat unis have been omitted from my list due to them being too far away - so these are the best ones location wise!

I really appreciate any help and advice! Thanks

what are your gases scores. then I will advise you
Literally just came out of the test centre with these scores:

VR - 590
QR - 710
AR - 900
SJT - Band 2

So it's an average of 733.

All in all, pretty pleased with it all! :smile:
VR was a nightmare though. Every single passage of text was longer than anything on medify, and I'm not exaggerating. I know the average student gets a mix of long and short passages but that certainly wasn't the case with me. 😐 Pretty sure I won't get a look in at Warwick but I'll still apply.
Original post by helennic
what are your gases scores. then I will advise you

Oh sorry I saw your gcse *.
they're quite good.
I think you should just concentrate on BMAT universities. * What do you have to lose. For UKCAT Uni s *I think its too risky with that score. You will waste 2 applications. *St George will put you the bottom of the list .*
I m only telling you this as Ive been through this .
Focus on Imperial and make sure you get 3A at least in Section 3*
I got 730 overall, is that alright for Kings and a few other places
I don't have a science background so there aren't any courses I'm aware of that would consider my application without one. Have you found any potential alternatives?

The way I look at it, if I do a 5 year course, then I might as well apply for GEM next year as my time to graduation with GEM would be 5 years with far less expense.

That is true, however i don't confidence in myself of getting a score above 700 which is required as the bare minimum for GEM courses. Still looking at universities admissions policies to see where i have a better chance. *
What a turnaround from last year omg

2015, mean of 620:
VR 540
QR 650
AR 670

2016, mean of 727:
VR 650
QR 800 really shocked about that one
AR 730

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending