The Student Room Group

Medicine 2017

What do you think my chances are of being considered for 2017 entry with achieved A levels ABB? I did get really good GCSE's and above average UKCAT (did that yesterday) and I know some uni's have different weighting for UKCAT and Academic stuff, I was wondering if anywhere wouldn't mind my grades being below their requirements if this was countered by good GCSE's and UKCAT...
Original post by KappaTao
What do you think my chances are of being considered for 2017 entry with achieved A levels ABB? I did get really good GCSE's and above average UKCAT (did that yesterday) and I know some uni's have different weighting for UKCAT and Academic stuff, I was wondering if anywhere wouldn't mind my grades being below their requirements if this was countered by good GCSE's and UKCAT...

You will strugle- do you have any mittagating circumstances to explain your lower drades? OR do you come from a low preforming Sixform and/ or been eligable for FSM? If so you may be eligable for a contextual offer.
http://www.independent.co.uk/student/into-university/clearing/medical-clearing-theres-a-narrow-chance-of-survival-doctor-2339072.html
ABB in the absence of mitigating circumstance/disadvantage/crap schooling usually means no offers. No point beating about the bush about this.
Reply 3
Sorry for being blunt but it isn't likely, but they may consider you if you have mitigating circumstances, however you could always retake A levels and reapply - I know some universities (Lancaster) will consider you. Wish you all the best.
Reply 4
Does anyone think I have a good chance of acceptance with my GCSEs? My stats are:

3A*s
3As
2Bs - B in Math
1C
Original post by vitae
Does anyone think I have a good chance of acceptance with my GCSEs? My stats are:

3A*s
3As
2Bs - B in Math
1C

Yes, your GCSE's arn't grate but you still have a chance if you get a very good UKAT score. Did you know that at gcse oxbridge only acctually require c grade passes in maths, english and doulle science. However you would need A*A*A grades at A2
Reply 6
Original post by glassanimal
Yes, your GCSE's arn't grate but you still have a chance if you get a very good UKAT score. Did you know that at gcse oxbridge only acctually require c grade passes in maths, english and doulle science. However you would need A*A*A grades at A2

Thank you, that's good to hear! I wish I could but I don't think I'll be applying to oxbridge though
Reply 7
I just check St Georges website and they will consider you application if you've achieved AAB-ABB depending on the average scores at your school.
http://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduate-courses/medicine-mbbs/entry-criteria
Original post by vitae
Thank you, that's good to hear! I wish I could but I don't think I'll be applying to oxbridge though

Neather Will I- I was just illustrating my point that GCSE's dont matter that much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending