The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachie93
Yeah it was by email. It's not a proper reference either, it's 3 yes or no questions. How long have you known the applicant, are you related to the applicant & do you think the applicant Ian suitable for a position where they nee to be trustworthy.

Seriously??? All this wait for 3 questions!
Original post by memoryfish
1. Salford
2. Manchester

I did the same.
Regarding the manpower email for 1320, has anybody from Belfast Recieved it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 1743
Original post by memoryfish
That's the normal process then, it's just took longer because you were on the list nothing to do with Hmrc reshuffle.

Hey was this for the HO or O grad role and when did you give them your documents?
Reply 1744
Original post by 11222333abc
Morning! :smile:

I was wondering who you guys are putting down for your character references?? Can it be a current work colleague? Friend? Employer? I haven't received this email yet but want to be prepared for my response.

Your help and guidance would be much appreciated.

Hey did you get an email about character references or do they use the references you gave them online when you click on 'Next stage'?
Original post by daj19
Hey did you get an email about character references or do they use the references you gave them online when you click on 'Next stage'?

You get a separate email which requests 2 references who have known you for longer than 3 years and aren't related to you. IMG_8500.PNG
You get a separate email which requests 2 references who have known you for longer than 3 years and aren't related to you. IMG_8500.PNG

Seriously?! So despite the fact that I got asked for references after my interview and sent those back via email and then got asked for them again via the Application centre when accepting the provisional offer, they are going to send me another email asking for them a 3rd time? The long windedness of this recruitment process knows no bounds!
Original post by simplymekaty
Seriously?! So despite the fact that I got asked for references after my interview and sent those back via email and then got asked for them again via the Application centre when accepting the provisional offer, they are going to send me another email asking for them a 3rd time? The long windedness of this recruitment process knows no bounds!

We've all given professional references I.e previous employer, the character references is more of a review from a friend rather than an employer. So slightly different.
We've all given professional references I.e previous employer, the character references is more of a review from a friend rather than an employer. So slightly different.

I seriously dont get the point in that.
Why is a health declaration necessary?
Reply 1750
Original post by itsmyname
Why is a health declaration necessary?

In case you need an Occupational Health Assessment.

Quick update for you all. So far I'm really happy with the HO role. While learning is going to be a slow process, the new training is much shorter, and theres rplenty of options for us to get involved with current cases while training. I'll be going into income tax, and will be joining as a task force team! Very excited!

Also, flexi time here is incredible. The whole atmosphere working here is incredible.
Reply 1751
Original post by TSRGooner
I did the same.

Just so you know,these are virtually next door to each other.
Original post by Smaack
Just so you know,these are virtually next door to each other.

Yeah I know that used to work in TBH (Salford)
Original post by Smaack

Quick update for you all. So far I'm really happy with the HO role. While learning is going to be a slow process, the new training is much shorter, and theres rplenty of options for us to get involved with current cases while training. I'll be going into income tax, and will be joining as a task force team! Very excited!

Also, flexi time here is incredible. The whole atmosphere working here is incredible.

I know my friend wouldn't use the word incredible. I think that is a bit of an exaggeration but each to their own.
Original post by Smaack

How long did you have to wait until you were told which tax regime you were in? I started my HO role yesterday in Leeds and they said they're still working on where to put people but we're all in SME.

We're on the longer style training scheme by the sounds of it too.

The flexi is great. I'm used to having it but the fact there's no core hours is still a welcome surprise.
Reply 1755
Original post by TSRGooner
Yeah I know that used to work in TBH (Salford)

Ah sorry, wasn't sure if you knew.

Original post by gingerwizard
I know my friend wouldn't use the word incredible. I think that is a bit of an exaggeration but each to their own.

Well as always, each to their own. I can only say that my training team are really relaxed, and so far I'm very happy here, and it can only improve.

Original post by pukahontas
How long did you have to wait until you were told which tax regime you were in? I started my HO role yesterday in Leeds and they said they're still working on where to put people but we're all in SME.

We're on the longer style training scheme by the sounds of it too.

The flexi is great. I'm used to having it but the fact there's no core hours is still a welcome surprise.

We found out pretty much instantly. It mayworks just be what is needed in Manchester though. Leeds may have different demand levels for staff.

Shame about that. The 26 week course looks good.

I came from a standard 9:00 to 17:30 job, so to me the flexi-time is amazing.
Reply 1756
No core hours ? So you can work when you want?
Reply 1757
Hi,

I was asked to go to Euston to hand my gcse certificates but I'm a bit worried cos I got a grade D for literature but have a C for language. Will it make a difference???
Original post by Smaack

Occupational health? For what reason? It's not a physical job is it? That's a bit confusing that.

I've had a shoulder injury from weighlifting a few years back and its on my medical history, would that be a hindrance to the application?
Reply 1759
Original post by sac14
No core hours ? So you can work when you want?

Within reason yes. you can do 4 hours on Monday and 9 hours on Tuesday / Wednesday to make up for it. You work itwith out on an average over 4 weeks.

Original post by itsmyname
Occupational health? For what reason? It's not a physical job is it? That's a bit confusing that.

I've had a shoulder injury from weighlifting a few years back and its on my medical history, would that be a hindrance to the application?

Not at all. It's so HMRC can ensure you have a desk assessment when you start to avoid aggravating injuries. I had one for my arms and it was fine.