The Student Room Group

Electrical/Electronic Engineering at southampton

So im going to apply for southampton uni, probably for Electronic Eng.
Could anyone tell me how much flexibility there is when there in terms of switching over to Electrical and Electronic and vise versa??
Reply 1
Original post by Kelduvik
Could anyone tell me how much flexibility there is when there in terms of switching over to Electrical and Electronic and vise versa??

Best to check directly with Soton, but I imagine there is a fair amount of crossover for the first year at least.
Reply 2
Original post by Kelduvik

First year Electronic Engineering at Soton here :cute:

Switching between the elec programmes (Electronic, Electrical, Electronic and Electrical, and Electromechanical) is fairly common and since it's all within the department it's a fairly simple process.

The course leaders can switch you between the programmes before the end of year 2 assuming you've taken the right modules and you're on track for a 2:1 degree classification (60%) - so there's plenty of time to decide if it's not quite the one you want to take :3

Try to think about which you'd prefer in the first place though since it's obviously easier if you don't have to change!

Original post by jneill
Best to check directly with Soton, but I imagine there is a fair amount of crossover for the first year at least.

It's true, in the first year 7/8 modules are consistent between all four programmes :yy:
Reply 3
Original post by Alexion

Switching between the elec programmes (Electronic, Electrical, Electronic and Electrical, and Electromechanical) is fairly common and since it's all within the department it's a fairly simple process.

The course leaders can switch you between the programmes before the end of year 2 assuming you've taken the right modules and you're on track for a 2:1 degree classification (60%) - so there's plenty of time to decide if it's not quite the one you want to take :3

Try to think about which you'd prefer in the first place though since it's obviously easier if you don't have to change!

It's true, in the first year 7/8 modules are consistent between all four programmes :yy:

Hi,

Guess you are Studying Engineering at soton, I have an offer for Meng in Electronic with computer science from Soton for 2018 and EEE from UCL, i am struggling to decide which to make my firm offer. Lot of people say Select UCL as its overall reputation is higher but Soton’s study modules looks far better, wider and interesting than UCL. Want ask you opinion about Soton in terms of teaching quality, labs and facilities etc. Are you happy at Soton?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Alexion

Hey. Sorry I know this is old but could you please tell me your AS grades, what your offer was and what you got in A2 please? Thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest