The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Percypig79
Offer in mid September...

You'll probably get your Health questionnaire middle of this month then. I got my offer August 12 the new Health Questionnaire/DBS application 11 September. Heard nothing since about either of them or references
Thought I'd let you all know the below. Good to know :smile:

I contacted recruitment today twice and heard back quickly that they aim to get all checks completed in 20 days from first being notified from the post holder. This includes all checks not 20 days from the last check being completed. The last check being access NI.

Also asked if they contact current employer for reference so I could maybe tell them first before the boss getting a surprise call. They state they only do this if there is a gap in employment and usually only after interview stage. Since I do not have any gaps, there is no requirement to obtain references from employers and therefore will not be carrying this part out.

It sounds hopeful that the calls will start coming soon then to get start dates and all. Hopefully it's soon!
Original post by Cass1988
Thought I'd let you all know the below. Good to know :smile:

I contacted recruitment today twice and heard back quickly that they aim to get all checks completed in 20 days from first being notified from the post holder. This includes all checks not 20 days from the last check being completed. The last check being access NI.

Also asked if they contact current employer for reference so I could maybe tell them first before the boss getting a surprise call. They state they only do this if there is a gap in employment and usually only after interview stage. Since I do not have any gaps, there is no requirement to obtain references from employers and therefore will not be carrying this part out.

It sounds hopeful that the calls will start coming soon then to get start dates and all. Hopefully it's soon!

Still doesn't really help matters any because there appears to be different standards set regarding timescales depending on if you are internal/ external . My last correspondence was on 11 September about a Health questionnaire and a DBS application and I've heard nothing since
Original post by Jamz115
Still doesn't really help matters any because there appears to be different standards set regarding timescales depending on if you are internal/ external . My last correspondence was on 11 September about a Health questionnaire and a DBS application and I've heard nothing since

Thanks very much for your efforts Cass. I currently work for a government department. I am not currently a "civil servant", though I often work closely with them. I applied externally as a graduate (as did Cass). Kez tried to explain, there are a few different recruitment campaigns (internal and external) using this same thread, they are being processed separately. My process started November last year and I watched these threads patiently as other people were checked and recruited ahead of me, though I already possess a higher security clearance than is required. I don't feel different standards are being applied here dependant on internal/external, just different recruitment campaign timescales.
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Thanks very much for your efforts Cass. I currently work for a government department. I am not currently a "civil servant", though I often work closely with them. I applied externally as a graduate (as did Cass). Kez tried to explain, there are a few different recruitment campaigns (internal and external) using this same thread, they are being processed separately. My process started November last year and I watched these threads patiently as other people were checked and recruited ahead of me, though I already possess a higher security clearance than is required. I don't feel different standards are being applied here dependant on internal/external, just different recruitment campaign timescales.

My process also started last November
Reply 245
Cheers. Mine was sent directly to them near a week ago now :smile: wondered where the other person got a week 8 days from completion of checks. If that was for all pre employment checks or just the access NI one :smile:

Sorry, I don't get to check this too often lol. I work with someone who's also on the same competition waiting for his start date. We applied and got a provisional offer at the same time (12th August). I was delayed by having to travel down to Lisburn with my birth certificate; but he got an email 8 days after completing his AccessNI saying his checks were now complete and he would hear about a start date shortly.
Original post by MikalM
Sorry, I don't get to check this too often lol. I work with someone who's also on the same competition waiting for his start date. We applied and got a provisional offer at the same time (12th August). I was delayed by having to travel down to Lisburn with my birth certificate; but he got an email 8 days after completing his AccessNI saying his checks were now complete and he would hear about a start date shortly.

That's brilliant thanks for that! Fingers crossed its all very soon start dates then! :smile:
Just a heads up but people might want to ring up or contact them if there application appears to have " stalled" i.e. Not moved in weeks because it seems CSR contacted the "vacancy holder " some time ago to request I supply additional info so basically somewhere along the line someone hasn't bothered to follow that up. ( typical it seems ) Anyway they said they had re-contacted the vacancy holder to contact me
Reply 248
Honestly with the amount of moaning and whining that's going on in here I hope I never have to work with some of these people. I hope you also realise that our performance is marked on both your behaviours and attitude as well as your work. So coming in with that attitude won't help you at all.

Do well to be reminded that you've got a provisional offer and that's not a guarantee of a job. Pre-employment checks have to be carried out still and maybe they're taking longer depending on your background.

Cass and Murphy that's great news. Hopefully you will hear soon. You'll have to let me know when and where you're starting so I can say hi!
That's brilliant thanks for that! Fingers crossed its all very soon start dates then! :smile:

I'm not really fussed about when the start date is tbh. Whether it be before or after Christmas I'm not too bothered. The main thing is getting the Formal offer because then it brings certainty to the whole thing which currently is not the case with this shambles of a situation atm.
Jamz what phone number did u ring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by SMK2016
Jamz what phone number did u ring?

I just sent email via CSR and they gave me email for the section within HMRC doing the recruiting. What stage is yours at?
Provisional offer for 2066/15 O

Provisional offer for 1320/16 HO

For O I got offer Aug 12, sent DBS sept 12 and not heard since

For HO got offer sept 13 and not had further contact from manpower

Original post by Jamz115
Just a heads up but people might want to ring up or contact them if there application appears to have " stalled" i.e. Not moved in weeks because it seems CSR contacted the "vacancy holder " some time ago to request I supply additional info so basically somewhere along the line someone hasn't bothered to follow that up. ( typical it seems ) Anyway they svaid they had re-contacted the vacancy holder to contact me

That's some good news at last, at least you now know what the hold up was. Hopefully things will now move along quickly, fingers crossed.
Original post by kezxo
Honestly with the amount of moaning and whining that's going on in here I hope I never have to work with some of these people. I hope you also realise that our performance is marked on both your behaviours and attitude as well as your work. So coming in with that attitude won't help you at all.

Do well to be reminded that you've got a provisional offer and that's not a guarantee of a job. Pre-employment checks have to be carried out still and maybe they're taking longer depending on your background.

Cass and Murphy that's great news. Hopefully you will hear soon. You'll have to let me know when and where you're starting so I can say hi!

Thanks Kez. Which sect/dept do you work in? Will let you know as soon as I know anything lol. I'm just itching to get started now.
With the greatest respect... kez it's very easy to pass comment when you are on the inside when you are already in employment, when you can financially plan ahead with some surety. Have some thought for those who maybe are not currently in employment at all who are playing this waiting game who maybe cannot afford to put their life on hold whilst this process goes on. Everyone accepts there is a vigorous process and it has to be so as it is the government. My biggest issue is firstly when they tell you " it could take several weeks" and that fast becomes several months and secondly when there are several campaigns being recruited for at the same time. That seems illogical when they struggle with doing just one as it currently is.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 256
Got an email again this morning saying my health declaration was incomplete or missing; which is untrue. I downloaded it again to my phone from my sent items and confirmed it was fully completed; so I just converted it to a .pdf file and sent it back.
Email this morning saying my checks are complete and passed. The post holder will be in contact shortly with a start date.
Email this morning saying my checks are complete and passed. The post holder will be in contact shortly with a start date.

Hi Cass.. could you just clarify which campaign this is for please..

Well done Cass!👍 I wish you well in the post! You got the right person at the end of the computer to process your application! Seems it's a lottery but at least some will make it

Latest

Trending

Trending